Author Topic: Distribution At Block 32000 - MemoryCoin 2.0  (Read 70834 times)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
free trade - developer of MemoryCoin developed the protoshare wallet also
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Couple questions.  Is there any documentation on this? or a seperate wallet? webiste?  those sorts of things?

Also how do you obtain the private key that you're speaking of?

It's a separate altcoin/DAC - separate wallet, website etc. The private key will be derivable from your PTS private key.

How is it derivable? Why is it that we have to import our private key into every separate wallet? That means we have to trust your wallet, and every altcoin that comes up with a wallet in the future?

Keyhotee will have a universal wallet which we can put our private key into. That in my opinion is the smarter way to do it and then let each altcoin be an extension or plugin for Keyhotee. I think I will wait until it is done in that way.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Excuse my ignorance, but I am not getting it, we will have to import our Protoshares private keys into Memorycoin wallet before block 32000 ?

BTW, I am interested into the voting system, where can I read more of it ? I am interested in developing a web frontend for it.

Why should we import into the memorycoin wallet? Keyhotee is one thing because it's developed by the same company that developed Protoshares. We don't know who is developing memorycoin wallet.

A better solution is to implement memorycoin into the Keyhotee universal wallet so we don't have to worry about all this.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
go to help -> debug window -> console and type "listaddressgroupings"
you get an overview of all the addresses in your wallet.

to get the private key for an address type:
walletpassphrase "yourpassphrase" 600 (i hope your wallet is encrypted ;) )
dumpprivkey PtsAddressHere

when using walletpassphrase "yourpassphrase" 600 i get the following error:
Code: [Select]
Parse error: unbalanced ' or "
any suggestions ?
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline arubi

• View Profile
Sorry, I am a little lost as to how receive the  MemoryCoin "distribution".  Is it a distribution or a swap since you state here that you need to move over to one address and then "selling" your PTS.  Maybe a full how-to on it would help.

The process that is used when creating a private and public key pair (used to store and transmit coins) is agnostic to a specific coin, i.e. all coins use the same process (called ECDSA) to sign transactions (afaik).

By taking the public key off a Protoshares address, and mapping it to a public key on a Memorycoin address, you essentially have one private key that controls two addresses. One is PTS, the second is MC2.0.
If I understand the process correctly, you would only need to import your private key from PTS into the MC2.0 client, and the balance should already be there. This whole process can be done off line and does not require you to disclose your private key.

Please correct me if I'm wrong
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 10:23:28 pm by arubi »

Offline jbutta2k13

• View Profile
Sorry, I am a little lost as to how receive the  MemoryCoin "distribution".  Is it a distribution or a swap since you state here that you need to move over to one address and then "selling" your PTS.  Maybe a full how-to on it would help.

Offline barwizi

• Noirbits, NoirShares, NoirEx.....lol, noir anyone?
    • View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
ok, the trade off is a bit high, at market you are saying 1 memcoin= 1 BTC, perhaps a 10 PTS= 1 memcoin is better.
--Bar--  PiNEJGUv4AZVZkLuF6hV4xwbYTRp5etWWJ

The magical land of crypto, no freebies people.

Offline arubi

• View Profile
Is it not possible to map public PTS addresses to public MC2.0 addresses, then just import your private key from Protoshares on the MC2.0 wallet?

no 3rd party necessary

Yes - this is exactly how it works.

Oh Okay, so It's not like you even share your private key with anyone.

Offline seraphim

you might want to move your whole balance to one address before so you don't have to handle multiple keys. just create a new one and send everything there.

This is good advice.
i forgot to mention that you have to do this before block 32000 (obviously)!

Rather than every new DAC having an import routine for PTS, it'll probably be simpler for PTS to have an export routine that creates wallets for the DACs that come online.

That's a nice idea!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 05:07:39 pm by seraphim »
Meet you on STEEM

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
you might want to move your whole balance to one address before so you don't have to handle multiple keys. just create a new one and send everything there.

This is good advice.

@Gekko:
i think there's not really another way. maybe a routine which reads the pts wallet.dat could make it more user-friendly, but in terms of security a transfer of the private keys is the only way to prove that you own the pts

Rather than every new DAC having an import routine for PTS, it'll probably be simpler for PTS to have an export routine that creates wallets for the DACs that come online.
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
That seems a litte... cumbersome, at least. I hope such things won't be necessary in future ProtoShare developments!

This is not strictly necessary - it just gives you protection against the possibility of an altcoin wallet trying to harvest your private key. As always, additional preventative security is cumbersome.
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
Is it not possible to map public PTS addresses to public MC2.0 addresses, then just import your private key from Protoshares on the MC2.0 wallet?

no 3rd party necessary

Yes - this is exactly how it works.

Offline RejectKid

• View Profile
    • Facebook Profile
also it seems, on the bitsharetalk thing, that the wallet exe file isn't available yet.  is this correct?  I'm assuming so but just seemed weird to have link to nothing.  Guess it's prolly stub
PTS: Pu4ahefp2nMXeQw2cxome8g6V9B4faLx81 BTC: 1NcZg4xF9zSCNUpVanfwfMJY7kqAXtdrbu MMC: MWsdbnkdZRPNEQru1YeeATZTGmqhuSYFoN
Reddit: www.reddit.com/r/protoshare www.reddit.com/r/memorycoin

Offline RejectKid

• View Profile
    • Facebook Profile

@Gekko:
i think there's not really another way. maybe a routine which reads the pts wallet.dat could make it more user-friendly, but in terms of security a transfer of the private keys is the only way to prove that you own the pts

Thanks so much man.  I'll prolly do this at my lunch break to be ready for the fun new coin!
PTS: Pu4ahefp2nMXeQw2cxome8g6V9B4faLx81 BTC: 1NcZg4xF9zSCNUpVanfwfMJY7kqAXtdrbu MMC: MWsdbnkdZRPNEQru1YeeATZTGmqhuSYFoN
Reddit: www.reddit.com/r/protoshare www.reddit.com/r/memorycoin

Offline seraphim

@Gekko:
Meet you on STEEM