Author Topic: Distribution At Block 32000 - MemoryCoin 2.0  (Read 71621 times)

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline Shadow

• View Profile
Please don't rush the release. There is already bad talk because of botching MC 1.0. It does not matter if 2.0 is released today or a week later. It's important that the start is well planned.

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
Great work FreeTrade and thank you for helping test the concept and I am sure we will learn a lot from your experience.

Not having looked at FreeTrade's code I can only describe how I would implement it... I would simply copy my wallet.dat file from ~/.protoshares to ~/.memorycoin2 as I doubt FreeTrade has changed the wallet format.

Unfortunately this won't work - the private key internally uses a different special byte, and this seems to be stored in the wallet.
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline bytemaster

Great work FreeTrade and thank you for helping test the concept and I am sure we will learn a lot from your experience.

Not having looked at FreeTrade's code I can only describe how I would implement it... I would simply copy my wallet.dat file from ~/.protoshares to ~/.memorycoin2 as I doubt FreeTrade has changed the wallet format. 

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
Here's some more info on the approach taken to hiring in the BlockChain -

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=369487.new#new

Offline stuartcharles

• View Profile
Did i say anything about rushing it? Im just after an update.

A few days. +/- a week. ;) Software development estimation is really difficult, even more difficult than software development.

Thanks for the reply, will you make an announcement on this thread or do we need to read others?

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile

A few days. +/- a week. ;) Software development estimation is really difficult, even more difficult than software development.

Offline stuartcharles

• View Profile
FreeTrade - Seems about a week since you said a week until launch. Any idea on a start date for memory coin 2.0?

There is no point of rushing it.

Offline superresistant

• View Profile
FreeTrade - Seems about a week since you said a week until launch. Any idea on a start date for memory coin 2.0?

There is no point of rushing it.

Offline stuartcharles

• View Profile

Offline Clark

• View Profile
If so many person doubt its safety, you have to think more before put out a new method, instead of explaining so much.
Just some complains.
PTS: PqjpgE1A5ZPzyyZ2WopgNGsppRnaf1Yti9

Offline devilfish

• View Profile
BTC: 1MqCxQ2qD7ZuS3ELFY43wfaBTbA2XkYwDP
PTS: PiuFEJHz6zScALgPWzcu2SDKtWJW4cnUFi
XPM: Af5qzgsEwWaHZdGUq8dUoHkhmH4XBmnGW9

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
Just curious, did you use ABE to obtain this? If not how did you go about it?

MemoryCoin has some code that keeps track of balances for voting, so I just used that code. It just iterates through the blocks, keeping track of input and output transactions.

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
One question I have, is what was your incentive as a coin developer to honor the PTS blockchain? I have always wondered what incentives exist for developers to honor protoshares and its decedents.

It helps with distribution and I hope it will lead to an increase in value of both coins.