Author Topic: Distribution At Block 32000 - MemoryCoin 2.0  (Read 70838 times)

Offline delta123

• View Profile
Sorry, simple question:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=370806.0
Source
Based on the ProtoShares code base, which is based on Bitcoin 0.8.5
https://github.com/memorycoin/memorycoin (not yet available)

It's valid unix-client for memory coin 2.0 or not? We wait new source?

Offline adamino

• View Profile
It will be solo mining initially.
It means that initially mining will only be possible from MemoryCoin-qt.exe, right? Sorry, but I've never solo mined anything beforce, only in pools  ;)

Offline alexr

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Donations/donazioniSezione italiana

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
It will be solo mining initially.

The code is based on Protoshares and so any infrastructure made for PS should be fairly easy to mod to work with MemoryCoin.
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Great work FreeTrade and thank you for helping test the concept and I am sure we will learn a lot from your experience.

Not having looked at FreeTrade's code I can only describe how I would implement it... I would simply copy my wallet.dat file from ~/.protoshares to ~/.memorycoin2 as I doubt FreeTrade has changed the wallet format.

Unfortunately this won't work - the private key internally uses a different special byte, and this seems to be stored in the wallet.

Actually I've just tested this again and my apologies, this will work.

The wallet contains a lot of extra stuff like transactions and addresses that are not valid on the network, so continuing to use the wallet may cause stability problems if it tries to propogate the invalid info, but a quick way to import your coins, this will work very nicely.

If using this method, I suggest sending the coins to a fresh MC wallet as the first transaction.

I would like to ask which miner should we use to mine coins?

Does pooler-cpu miner work or would it be possible to use jhprotominer for example? Or is it solo mining for now until someone creates a miner compatible with memorycoin?

Thanks.

interesting question - i want to know it also - thx for your answers
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline smokim11

• View Profile
Great work FreeTrade and thank you for helping test the concept and I am sure we will learn a lot from your experience.

Not having looked at FreeTrade's code I can only describe how I would implement it... I would simply copy my wallet.dat file from ~/.protoshares to ~/.memorycoin2 as I doubt FreeTrade has changed the wallet format.

Unfortunately this won't work - the private key internally uses a different special byte, and this seems to be stored in the wallet.

The wallet contains a lot of extra stuff like transactions and addresses that are not valid on the network, so continuing to use the wallet may cause stability problems if it tries to propogate the invalid info, but a quick way to import your coins, this will work very nicely.

If using this method, I suggest sending the coins to a fresh MC wallet as the first transaction.

I would like to ask which miner should we use to mine coins?

Does pooler-cpu miner work or would it be possible to use jhprotominer for example? Or is it solo mining for now until someone creates a miner compatible with memorycoin?

Thanks.
If I helped you and want to show your appreciation donate any amount:
Pjem2V2FDPGZa6yAvpL2fN5yZKXYUNLSv5

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile

“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline devilfish

• View Profile
SO, how do we get our Memorycoins from our Protoshares?

Read the post above you. There is a tutorial on my Website
Hi, Montaxx! I just extracted my PTS' pk. What's next?

You have to wait till it's released, read the post you quoted a little more carefully...
BTC: 1MqCxQ2qD7ZuS3ELFY43wfaBTbA2XkYwDP
PTS: PiuFEJHz6zScALgPWzcu2SDKtWJW4cnUFi
XPM: Af5qzgsEwWaHZdGUq8dUoHkhmH4XBmnGW9

Offline devilfish

• View Profile
So....14 hours eh, think I can stay up till Midnight...you aren't Australian FT, it's exactly midnight our time when you are launching this thing.

Mostly want to look at this source, very excited!
BTC: 1MqCxQ2qD7ZuS3ELFY43wfaBTbA2XkYwDP
PTS: PiuFEJHz6zScALgPWzcu2SDKtWJW4cnUFi
XPM: Af5qzgsEwWaHZdGUq8dUoHkhmH4XBmnGW9

Offline robozombie

• Technoholic
    • View Profile

Hi, Montaxx! I just extracted my PTS' pk. What's next?
Robozombie

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
when miner is ready you post it here  or on bitcointalk? Or what miner can be used for MemoryCoin then!?

just curious
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Montaxx

• View Profile

Offline renkcub

• View Profile

Offline Montaxx

• View Profile
First of all: THANK YOU guys ! I'm happy to be the CSO at this moment ! I know that with that power there is also a big responsibility. As the CSO I need to make sure everybody has a good start and gets help. Of course I can't be everywhere, but we will find a way to master this !

But now let me show you who I am. I think everybody should see the man behind the MMC-Address he's voting for.

Now that's me:

I'm just a regular 21 years old guy like you ! I work as a Information Technology Officer and have a well knowledge in computers and the all mighty internet ;)

But what will a guy like me do ?

Well, easy: I plan to help where I can ! I opened up a IRC-Room for you to discuss and get help. But sure in time I can't manage all the questions and problems on my own, so I plan to set up a "Task Force" who gets Coins for supporting me.

What I will do:
- I will expand my webpage http://mmc.montaxx.me so far that you will always have the best informations.
- Once exchanges are available you will be able to see shiny stats like on my PTS page http://pts.montaxx.me
- I will try to have close contact to the developers to get the best news and tell you guys about what is happening
- A ticket system will come to help resolving problems
- Monthly giveaways and lotterys to give you something back !
- and many many more

If you like my service and how I helped so far and will help the community, why don't you just vote for me ?

It's very easy and costs nearly nothing. Just send 0.00000001 MMC to MVTEcsoCi2QBXFTsRARm81nXSkaqeAt5wT and your vote is counted !
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 10:41:17 am by Montaxx »

Offline alexr

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Donations/donazioniSezione italiana