Author Topic: Distribution At Block 32000 - MemoryCoin 2.0  (Read 71615 times)

Offline Riverhead

Offline jbutta2k13

• View Profile

In this case it will import only recieved coins. Mined ones will not be imported =\ So in general question is how to import mined coins

Here's what I did to receive all my coins.  Note that I had a mix of solo and pool mined coins.

1) Start MMC client, encrypt new wallet, let the blockchain sync, record the public address of this new wallet.
2) Exit the MMC client, copy the wallet.dat file to mmc_wallet.dat and copy in your PTS wallet.dat file.  Copy your mmc_wallet.dat somewhere safe too as a backup.  This is now your primary mmc wallet.
3) Start the client (crashed first time but worked the second) and notice you'll have 1/10th of your PTS balance as MMC
4) Send all your MMC balance to your new MMC address recorded in step 1 (account for 0.0002 transaction fee)
5) Exit the MMC client, delete the wallet.dat (this would be your pts wallet) and rename the mmc_wallet.dat back to wallet.dat
6) Restart the MMC client and enjoy all your MMC at a snigle adddress.

Great guide and simpel thanks so much..tip coming!

Offline Riverhead

I just got a large number of coins.  I'm going to guess that was you, FreeTrade  ;D.  Thanks!!

Offline Riverhead

Good clear guide - thanks. Are you accepting MMC tips?

Thank you.  I am now  :).  Sig updated.

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile

In this case it will import only recieved coins. Mined ones will not be imported =\ So in general question is how to import mined coins

Here's what I did to receive all my coins.  Note that I had a mix of solo and pool mined coins.

1) Start MMC client, encrypt new wallet, let the blockchain sync, record the public address of this new wallet.
2) Exit the MMC client, copy the wallet.dat file to mmc_wallet.dat and copy in your PTS wallet.dat file.  Copy your mmc_wallet.dat somewhere safe too as a backup.  This is now your primary mmc wallet.
3) Start the client (crashed first time but worked the second) and notice you'll have 1/10th of your PTS balance as MMC
4) Send all your PTS to your new MMC address recorded in step 1 (account for 0.0002 transaction fee)
5) Exit the MMC client, delete the wallet.dat (this would be your pts wallet) and rename the mmc_wallet.dat back to wallet.dat

Good clear guide - thanks. Are you accepting MMC tips?
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline Riverhead

4) Send all your MMC balance to your new MMC address recorded in step 1 (account for 0.0002 transaction fee)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 02:07:12 pm by Riverhead »

Offline seraphim

That's new to me. Did you mine those on a pool, or solo?

They were solo mined

They should be on a seperate address for each block, if they're not imported with the wallet.dat you'll need to find out those addresses.
Meet you on STEEM

Offline alexxy

• View Profile

They were solo mined
Vote for my delegates! alexxy | lexx
PTS: PmraxfZ852y9oEKrYMLX1ee3e4qRWPUTFC
BTS: alexxy

Offline seraphim

So your saying to take the protoshare dat file and make it the dat file in one Mmc wallet app and the transfer those coins to a completely different wallet?
I attempted to import all the private keys from protoshares to Mmc but I got a error code -4. Thanks for the help

Yes.
I encountered error -4 once, it was because i forgot unlocking the wallet using walletpassphrase.

Meet you on STEEM

Offline alexxy

• View Profile
The easiest way to get all your mmc is using the protoshares wallet.dat for your memorycoin client. You should have an address on another wallet, where you can transfer the redeemed coins.

The details:
Your wallet consists of a lot of addresses, which your client will create and use "at will". While this is a good thing in terms of anonymity and usability, it can become cumbersome if you want to import private keys to another wallet. In our case you either had one address you put everything on before block 32k, or you will have to import multiple private keys. If you don't know which addresses your coins were on at that time, you will need to import all private keys (listaddressgroupings doesn't show transactions, it shows all your addresses). Importing the whole wallet works, but there may be problems later because the wallet was created by another software. To avoid this you should move the coins to an address from a wallet created by the memorycoin client.

Vote for my delegates! alexxy | lexx
PTS: PmraxfZ852y9oEKrYMLX1ee3e4qRWPUTFC
BTS: alexxy

Offline jbutta2k13

• View Profile
So your saying to take the protoshare dat file and make it the dat file in one Mmc wallet app and the transfer those coins to a completely different wallet?
I attempted to import all the private keys from protoshares to Mmc but I got a error code -4. Thanks for the help

Offline seraphim

The easiest way to get all your mmc is using the protoshares wallet.dat for your memorycoin client. You should have an address on another wallet, where you can transfer the redeemed coins.

The details:
Your wallet consists of a lot of addresses, which your client will create and use "at will". While this is a good thing in terms of anonymity and usability, it can become cumbersome if you want to import private keys to another wallet. In our case you either had one address you put everything on before block 32k, or you will have to import multiple private keys. If you don't know which addresses your coins were on at that time, you will need to import all private keys (listaddressgroupings doesn't show transactions, it shows all your addresses). Importing the whole wallet works, but there may be problems later because the wallet was created by another software. To avoid this you should move the coins to an address from a wallet created by the memorycoin client.

Meet you on STEEM

Offline renkcub

• View Profile
Can someone link me to how to claim my MMC from PTS?

Offline jbutta2k13

• View Profile
Please advise:  I had 83 Protoshares in my wallet at the time of the 32,000 block, but I only received 1.2 shares versus the 8.3 anticipated based on the 1:10 distribution dicsussed in the thread.

Can someone explain the discrepency?  My protoshares were 100% mined so I can someone explain why there is a difference?

Update:  I want to be more specific about the problem.
1.  I have mined all my shares on Ypool and I have multiple transactions from that there to my wallet. 
2.  It appears that when anyone refers to PTSwalletaddress, there doesn't appear to be a common addresss to the wallet.  this is where the confiusion comes in.  Why is there not a common wallet address? 
3.  When I label the transaction, its not a label, but rather, the name for an account. 
4.  So while I may use the wallet app, that app is does not have have a common  PTS address that stores all of the PTS share addresses that are in the wallet. 
5.  I perform a listadressgroupings and that command provide all the public keys of the transaction which inturn has a unique private key.
6.  So what do I have to do claim all the other MMC?  The MMC wallet is not accepting other private keys that I have.
7.  At this point do I have to point all my PTS to another address and import that key?
8.  How do I remove a privkey as well?
9.  also if I bought pre-32000 block PTS and no one has claimed those shares am I eligible to receive them or has the opportunity gone away.  I bough 200 and would like to know if they the MMC has been claimed.

This is some constructive criticism that I hope the people developing the software, defination and usage should undertake. In general, there is some major work on user friendliness that has to be accomplished in order to get this distribution process widely accepted.  It may be easy for programmers and administrators to use, but the system as a whole is clunky, not well documented. Ease of use of  the system is imperative, because the general public will not waste their time going hunting on forums and threads, let alone learn commands to process transactions.  Think of APPLE, whether you believe in the model is irrelevant...General public wants ease of use and simple and fast.  It leads to larger system acceptance and usage.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 09:57:16 pm by jbutta2k13 »

Offline seraphim

the priv key differs from the address...
Meet you on STEEM