Author Topic: how to setup the development workspace  (Read 13936 times)

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
Build pass, but there are still some link errors like following, fc default branch is "phoenix", right?

error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static unsigned int __cdecl boost::coroutines::detail::standard_stack_allocator::default_stacksize(void)" (?default_stacksize@standard_stack_allocator@detail@coroutines@boost@@SAIXZ)   E:\dev\vs11\BitShares\server\fc.lib(thread.obj)

error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static unsigned int __cdecl boost::coroutines::detail::standard_stack_allocator::default_stacksize(void)" (?default_stacksize@standard_stack_allocator@detail@coroutines@boost@@SAIXZ)
referenced in function "public: __thiscall fc::context::context(void (__cdecl*)(int),class boost::coroutines::detail::standard_stack_allocator &,class fc::thread *)" (??0context@fc@@QAE@P6AXH@ZAAVstandard_stack_allocator@detail@coroutines@boost@@PAVthread@1@@Z)   E:\dev\vs11\BitShares\server\fc.lib(mutex.obj)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 02:43:09 pm by HackFisher »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
Has some problem with handling leveldb:

Bitshares seems to use leveldb-win, but CMake reports that can not found CMakeList.txt under vendor/leveldb-win when generate VS proj files, so I just simply copy "CMakeList.txt" under vendor/leveldb-1.12.0,    then the leveldb build failed later...

How should I handle leveldb-win?

Update:

I just found a branch "windows" of leveldb-win on github, I checkout this branch, use it for that, and now it's ok :), though there is still some errors(Using VS2010, std::unordered_set::reserve seems since C++11).
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 03:40:24 am by HackFisher »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline BTSInvestor

• View Profile
Thanks bytemaster, the workspace has been setup finally, starting my Bitshares journey. :) :) :)

Thanks devilfish, i have cloned the source code to my local pc before raising the questions here, and also took a glance on the source,but it is a little bit difficult to get the whole picture of the project if read the source code file by file, i think the faster way is to import the source into the IDE(e.g. vs2010), i searched in the internet,but can not find any useful guide to import the bitshares project into the IDE, maybe my direction is wrong,as i also do not know whether can import the bitshares source into the IDE.

Cmake will generate a Visual Studio project for you.  Read the CMake documentation if you have questions.

Offline bytemaster

Thanks devilfish, i have cloned the source code to my local pc before raising the questions here, and also took a glance on the source,but it is a little bit difficult to get the whole picture of the project if read the source code file by file, i think the faster way is to import the source into the IDE(e.g. vs2010), i searched in the internet,but can not find any useful guide to import the bitshares project into the IDE, maybe my direction is wrong,as i also do not know whether can import the bitshares source into the IDE.

Cmake will generate a Visual Studio project for you.  Read the CMake documentation if you have questions.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline devilfish

• View Profile
I just use text wrangler, can open the whole folder then just compile on the command line...
BTC: 1MqCxQ2qD7ZuS3ELFY43wfaBTbA2XkYwDP
PTS: PiuFEJHz6zScALgPWzcu2SDKtWJW4cnUFi
XPM: Af5qzgsEwWaHZdGUq8dUoHkhmH4XBmnGW9

Offline BTSInvestor

• View Profile

Offline devilfish

• View Profile
I believe the project is being worked on at GitHub, go to the following link:

https://github.com/InvictusInnovations/BitShares

Clone the project to your hard-drive and use with your IDE. I haven't really looked at it, but at a guess it'll be based on Bitcoin's source so if you are familiar with that then you will have a base to start with.
BTC: 1MqCxQ2qD7ZuS3ELFY43wfaBTbA2XkYwDP
PTS: PiuFEJHz6zScALgPWzcu2SDKtWJW4cnUFi
XPM: Af5qzgsEwWaHZdGUq8dUoHkhmH4XBmnGW9

Offline BTSInvestor

• View Profile
I am very interesting on the Bitshares project,would like to setup the workspace to have a study on the project,what tools should i prepare can i import the project into the IDE for study?appreciated if any technical guy here can give me guidance or share me some useful information for my reference.