Author Topic: Bitshares Killer App Delegate: Sollywood.Sollars-com [Rank: #83]  (Read 28249 times)

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
I will set up his delegate should he wish to persue his idea.. he has asked me for help setting it up and I said I would host it for him as long as he pays the fee for registration.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I love your videos and presence on camera. Your YouTube videos each have like 5 or 10 views, though, which does not demonstrate to me that you are marketing your ideas (?) Your skill set is impressive and would be a big plus in this community. In order to get votes, your mission has to be really well defined to add value to the BitShares ecosystem. I can definitely see you being an important part of this going forward; I just know that other voters will want to see a more specific proposal for adding value via marketing (or whatever you choose to do). And there's a natural distrust of newbies who have not yet proven a commitment to BitShares, so that's why I think you could get more voter support for a delegate if either you stick around to help for awhile first and/or partner with someone here who is well known in the community and might complement your skill set.

Offline ubits

• View Profile
I read your proposal, watched one video http://youtu.be/Ny0nzALWh4k  and have to say you would have my vote  :)

Offline SolomonSollarsNSense

u have my vote

jsidhu I appreciate your vote of confidence this early. You won't regret it. Content like what I can make and develop is what appeals to the Millennial generations who are actively searching and actually open to banking alternatives. They aren't stupid. They know the power of tech but no one is selling to them in a visual language they can understand. Its time to capitalize with this type of viral format  8)

welcome  ;)

You definitely could create some great videos for bitshares!

Thank you liondani! Yes and its the type of content that is cost-effective and scales very well to millions and millions of views  ;) Thanks again for the kind words.

After speaking with Mr. Wonderful (Christian Lains) I have done some revising and remodeling on my options as a BitShares delegate and now DAC proposal. It's short. I will post it soon. Stay tuned.
If you like the content I make consider tipping me. Helps me keep those bitshare content babies popping like popcorn! Send tips to: solomonsollarsnsense

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
welcome  ;)

You definitely could create some great videos for bitshares!

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

I'm really impressed with this.  You are a natural on camera.  Great presences, articulate, and easily understood.  Great style.
You could make some killer explainer videos / interviews etc.

I'm very interested in seeing where this goes.  Still trying to digest.  It sounds like a very ambitious project.

I can see your Sollars and Sense perhaps as a User Issued asset.   

A documentary featuring bitshares has some value as does your media aggregator platform and it sounds like you intend for this to be based and or run on the Bitshares network.

You've definitely put some effort into this.  +5%

Thank you Xeldal for the kind words. I appreciate it. I did put a lot of effort into these and they were with no budget. I think the documentary could be huge too but I would need the community to back it if we are really going to go all the way.

I could also see Sollars and Sense as a User issued asset too. I'm very open to that. All I really care about right now is adding value where I can. I've presented some ideas but I'm open. Thanks again for checking it out.

Welome Solomon.

I agree with Xeldal you got some video skills.

Reading over your proposal there is a lot going on. One thing I didn't see that is going to be probably paramount to others here is what you plan to do for reporting. Can you outline how you will be communicating your progress to the community in a succinct way?

Hope you are successful!

Jonathan

Hello Jonathan. Thanks for checking the proposal out and the kind words. I know its a lot. I just wanted to be as thorough as possible. May have over did it though. In the New Money White Paper (which I just posted today) (Its even longer  :P). I have a section that goes over the basic Hollywood phase structure which is

1. Pre-Production
2. Production
3. Post-Production
4. Distribution

I would imagine my reporting on any type of content to the community would come once each phase is done for any given content (x). It's useless to set time tables and set deadlines at this time if we don't know the exact type of content. Something like my Sollars 101 vids may take 4 to 6 days to go through all the phases while a Documentary like New Money: Here's to the New Crazies" would take 4-6 months to even a year.

But I can say with confidence there would be an acknowledgement of starting and stopping of each phase directly to the community. I am also open to suggestions as I don't know how things are done around here in detail. I can adapt my reporting to any method. Thanks.

We are not interested in selling the mainstream audience BitShares, but rather our product - BitAssets.

Sumantso thank you for checking out the proposal I appreciate it. Yes I understand you are not interested in sharing the mainstream audience BitShares and that is very smart. That is why I proposed to have Sollars and Sense/BitShares + BitAssets at the center of the New Money documentary as I believe it could appeal to the mainstream audience. I am also clarifying that I am open to the idea of Sollars being a user-issued asset. Thank you.

Is there a conflict of interest here at all? You developed a new currency but wanted to use bitshares for economic reasons? Why not use bitshares and create an asset as a base for your currency and be done with all of the economic issues you faced in creating a new currency?

Seems like your goals closely align with the goals of this project ie: BitUSD thus it makes sense to use bitshares to further accomplish creating a world of people "who value life liberty and the pursuits of their own economic happiness" which oddly resonates with BM's goal.

Hello jsidhu. Thank you for responding. Conflict of Interest? Only if one sees money as a zero sum game can there then maybe be a conflict of interest. Still I don't think so. As I stated in the post I got into the digital currency game because of Sollywood TV. Sollars and Sense has no technology behind it. Its simply a brand at this time with potential.

I am open to it being used as an user-issued asset for Sollywood TV. I presented a number of ways I could move forward as a Delegate besides SollywoodTV/Sollars and Sense. I can make content like I did for myself for BitShares. But that takes funding and is not cheap. Yes BM and myself have very similar philosophies  ;).
If you like the content I make consider tipping me. Helps me keep those bitshare content babies popping like popcorn! Send tips to: solomonsollarsnsense

I skimmed through your delegate proposal and I got a distinct feeling of deja vu  ;)

I'm pretty sure you gave a very similar presentation as a proposal for creating a DAC, no?
Where have you been in the meantime?

Anyway, 100% delegates are meant to be voted in based on how they can and do add value to the bitshares ecosystem.

Perhaps you could give us a tl:dr synopsis of that?

Yes I did give a proposal of a crypto-equity bond (Sollar Bond) last year  :D I'm glad you remember that and it wasn't ready. But luckily at the same time I had just started a MS computer science degree. So I took a year off to really focus on it and understand the technology from a technical perspective.

Xeldal posts is pretty much a tl:dr synopsis LOL (Well done) Some times I like to overdue it as I really take what I'm doing very seriously and want people to understand where I am coming from and how I can add value.

My talent as a Creative is being able to take very complex ideas and make them fun and easy to understand. I say putting the "Sollywood" twist on it  :P As a BitShares delegate I am proposing to utilize this talent in every way possible with marketing and branding ploys. There are many ways and I basically proposed the best ways we can move forward from here.

This includes the New Money Alliance project
Sollywood TV (with Sollars as a User issued asset (I like that)) or

For instance BitShare's delegates can propose topics I should touch on and make into similar videos I did for Sollars and Sense. But understand production takes time and it takes funding. All those videos I made I did not pay myself. I basically did them with a zero budget and its tough  :-[ But they dont call me Sollywood for nothing  8)

Let me know what you think.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Is there a conflict of interest here at all? You developed a new currency but wanted to use bitshares for economic reasons? Why not use bitshares and create an asset as a base for your currency and be done with all of the economic issues you faced in creating a new currency?

Seems like your goals closely align with the goals of this project ie: BitUSD thus it makes sense to use bitshares to further accomplish creating a world of people "who value life liberty and the pursuits of their own economic happiness" which oddly resonates with BM's goal.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 10:54:22 pm by jsidhu »

Hello All  :)

I apologize for the late reply. Yesterday was the Super Bowl and we had a snowstorm blow through Chicago. Today was my birthday so I did a little celebrating (27)  :P

I'm going to start replying to everyone. Thanks for checking it out. I appreciate it.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

sumantso

We are not interested in selling the mainstream audience BitShares, but rather our product - BitAssets.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Welome Solomon.

I agree with Xeldal you got some video skills.

Reading over your proposal there is a lot going on. One thing I didn't see that is going to be probably paramount to others here is what you plan to do for reporting. Can you outline how you will be communicating your progress to the community in a succinct way?

Hope you are successful!

Jonathan
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Xeldal

I'm really impressed with this.  You are a natural on camera.  Great presences, articulate, and easily understood.  Great style.
You could make some killer explainer videos / interviews etc.

I'm very interested in seeing where this goes.  Still trying to digest.  It sounds like a very ambitious project.

I can see your Sollars and Sense perhaps as a User Issued asset.   

A documentary featuring bitshares has some value as does your media aggregator platform and it sounds like you intend for this to be based and or run on the Bitshares network.

You've definitely put some effort into this.  +5%