Author Topic: Keyhotee Status Update  (Read 389911 times)

Offline Riverhead

I obviously can't speak for everyone but for me I'd rather the delivery a few days late and working than having you guys super stressed out, sleep deprived, and rushed to meet an artificial deadline.

Best of luck on the finishing touches.  Looking forward to seeing the fruits of your labors  8).

Offline bytemaster

So we still all go for midnight tonight?

I am working my tail off along with our entire team in Poland.   There is no genesis block tonight, but we may have the tool for registering your Keyhotee ID.   
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
So we still all go for midnight tonight?

Offline bg002h

• View Profile

Offline bytemaster

has anyone replied with their public key yet?  I got an email saying I got my 1st choice, but, that's all I've done so far...I've sent nothing...

ADDENDUM: looks like I've missed nothing yet! (12/30@12pm central USA)

Same here.  I think that email was just a heads up for further communication.  The next email I expect will have a download link for software we can use to mine our chosen founder ID's.

Correct.  We are working as fast as we can to make sure this next step is done right as it is the most critical. 
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Riverhead

has anyone replied with their public key yet?  I got an email saying I got my 1st choice, but, that's all I've done so far...I've sent nothing...

Same here.  I think that email was just a heads up for further communication.  The next email I expect will have a download link for software we can use to mine our chosen founder ID's.

Offline bg002h

• View Profile

« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 05:57:13 pm by bg002h »

Offline lib

• liberty
    • View Profile
The genesis block will launch as soon as we have the Public Keys.
What are you going to do if you do not get all public keys (e.g. somebody (founder) died in the meantime).
Will there be a deadline to send in public keys? Will there be a PTS refund (the founder in a coma gets when he wakes up again)?
What happens to the ID that did not make it into the genesis block? Will the "second best" bidder get it or will it be freely available as a "normal" ID?

I guess,
1) a deadline should be set.
2) (maybe)PTS will be sent back if the founder failed to reply the public key.
Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA
Personal Address: PakhuBkqTu4oTHJ4ZffvzVwCGCMfuqazgm

Offline Gekko

• Lunch is for wimps........ Greed is good.
    • View Profile
The genesis block will launch as soon as we have the Public Keys.
What are you going to do if you do not get all public keys (e.g. somebody (founder) died in the meantime).
Will there be a deadline to send in public keys? Will there be a PTS refund (the founder in a coma gets when he wakes up again)?
What happens to the ID that did not make it into the genesis block? Will the "second best" bidder get it or will it be freely available as a "normal" ID?

Offline cogitativecurve

• 2045.com
    • View Profile
Very nice attitude, keeping completely transparent and sharing the update status with community.

+1
Dough-zhe Coins = DPHJXvQcLHCfnPg6Q5fYJpGJFQxsDLfBKd

Offline bytemaster

I would like to request that everyone waiting for a status on their Keyhotee ID to please be patient as we had an onslaught of IDs to manually process in the last 2 days.  We will be in contact with everyone and post a summary report for everyone to check prior to launching the Genesis block.

The Genesis Block will not launch on Jan 1, but we will have the Alpha release that will allow you to generate your Public Key.  The genesis block will launch as soon as we have the Public Keys.   More details will follow as soon as we have them. 

If you did not receive an email with a PTS address to fund then please check your junk folder or contact bitsharestalk user Stan.

Thanks

Offline dacer

• View Profile
I bid for 3 founder ids, eagerly waiting for the results :)

Offline bytemaster

There are not many conflicts so you are probably safe.  Perhaps a few dozen out of 650.   We will contact the conflicts ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline NineLives

• View Profile
    • BITCOIN TALK PROFILE
Have I won?  eh eh eh?
Keyhotee / BTSX:  Merah    PTS:  PskEDN4AeWc1trW4zV7DGGTQi3y5LeVhFR 

BTC Mining Hardware IN STOCK NOW:  http://www.mininghardware.co.uk

Offline solaaire

• praise the sun!
    • View Profile
I thought the bidding closed at New Year's Eve.  Guess I should have read more carefully?  There goes my founder ID.  Oh well, I'll just have to mine one at launch.  It's not going to be as hard to mine IDs as it was to get the 10 PTS, will it?

No, it should not be nearly as hard! Obtaining a Keyhotee ID will be as simple as downloading the client and letting it run for a little while, if I understand correctly. That said, IDs created in this manner will NOT be a founder ID. However, the only difference between a regular Keyhotee ID and a Founder ID is that with a Founder ID, your name will be etched into the genesis block of Keyhotee. I think I remember someone likening it to getting your name carved in stone in front of a monumental building.