Author Topic: Keyhotee Status Update  (Read 389780 times)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Dan,keyhotee是于2月28日之前上线?还是28日当天和bts同时发布?谢谢
The 28th is just a rough estimate of the date we plan to go live with the blockchain. It could before or after, it's not necessarily synchronized  with bts, although there may be some advantages to a simultaneous release. Mainly, we have to be sure that all the registration issues are out of the way before we release a blockchain, since we would rather not to have to restart the chain.

!!!
BTS has a hard dependency on keyhotee genesis block!

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=2591.msg32999#msg32999
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
The 28th is just a rough estimate of the date we plan to go live with the blockchain. It could before or after, it's not necessarily synchronized  with bts, although there may be some advantages to a simultaneous release. Mainly, we have to be sure that all the registration issues are out of the way before we release a blockchain, since we would rather not to have to restart the chain.
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

Offline codinat

• View Profile

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
While Keyhotee IDs are not generally meant to be "case-sensitive", we've recently determined that they are case-sensitive in one aspect: when you create an identity, the exact string you type for your KeyhoteeID is used to generate the associated public key. For example, if your ID was "alpha" and you create your identity on one machine as "alpha" and on another as "Alpha", they will generate different public keys, even when you use the same brainwallet password. So don't do that :-)

We thought about changing this functionality, but it would require many people to re-register and it didn't seem like a big burden for users to remember the capitalization they used for their ID as well as their brainwallet password.

A related bug is that the current client allows two such identities to be created in one profile. We've fixed this bug in the repo, and the fix will be incorporated into new builds we plan to put up in the next day or two.
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

Offline Ykw

• View Profile
Best time to loose internet connection ever =) happy birthday...

+5% +5% +5% +5% +5% = 25%! :=)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline Pocket Sand

• View Profile
Happy birthday Dan

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
丹,生日快乐!

Sent from my Lenovo K860i using Tapatalk 2

Offline codinat

• View Profile
Dan,生日快乐!

Offline oco101

• View Profile
Happy birthday Dan  !!!!!

Offline bytemaster

Dan lost internet connection tonight so asked me to post his update.   He took the day off to celebrate his birthday with family.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline CalabiYau

Ok, here's today's post: We're currently planning to release a blockchain version around Feb 28th. We'll also be releasing a Windows alpha 3 release soon and very probably an OSX release, pending positive feedback on the Linux 3 alpha release from yesterday.

Thank you for clarification and the update.
The culture of communications are discussed in an open space. This process is a development too. As an investor, my trust in the capabilities and commitment of this development team are all intact.
I am still convinced that this professional, steady process in financing and
development will give this project(s) an edge in the future. 

Offline CryptoN8

• View Profile

If I were you, I'd say "January 31st - Fixing Bugs today, dealing with a bad one in linux dependencies.  Looking like we're on schedule to have the latest version out in a week barring show-stopping bugs"

Thats it

Maybe you're thinking I mean "Blog post" - I do not.  I mean an update so when something goes awry we see it that day instead of at some arbitrary point in the future you decide to publicly talk about it.
Two sentences per day, I now have some idea what's happening and I know that the schedule has not changed.  It also fulfills what Bytemaster publicly committed to.
Ok, here's today's post: We're currently planning to release a blockchain version around Feb 28th. We'll also be releasing a Windows alpha 3 release soon and very probably an OSX release, pending positive feedback on the Linux 3 alpha release from yesterday.
I think this is a great start. I know that it's hard to provide daily updates in layman's terms with all the intricacy of programming, but I think that short updates like this will go a long way. I can see that you are trying to convey your progress in the most efficient method utilizing a tool that you are most likely in a good portion of your day. I can respect that thought process and using the status updates on GitHub, while does provide the most accurate metric for progress, it does not give the distilled down one or two sentences that I think many would like to see going forward. I know I like to receive the email alert that there is an update to this thread, and for many, that is the extent they are wanting to go to get an update. Digging around at another location and having to translate progress does not have much appeal for the non-programmer types. This is not a slight or jab at you directly or programmers, I'm just providing feedback, another point of view. I'm more of the IT Manager/Investor type so I can see both sides. I think you are doing a great job, appreciate the work you are doing, and very excited to see the final product when released.

Offline onceuponatime

Thanks Dan. You nu have inspired me to donate for more AGS   :)

Offline ppimp

• View Profile
Guys hope I didn't come off as too harsh, but I played devils advocate on purpose, and appreciate the responses I got. Thanks.