Author Topic: Bitshares now has a professional PR initiative  (Read 30820 times)

Offline fuzzy

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline NewMine

• View Profile

The big problem is you have a couple Chinese whales pulling strings here. Their thoughts and ideas may be right but this is the wrong way of going about it. Unfortunately they have been threatening BM that they will divest and are scaring him into their will. 

This is only the beginning of what the Chinese whales want. More to come....Don't get me wrong, I fully agree with what they want, but the inevitable results will kill Bitshares.

I think your interpretation of events is pretty absurd.  You are clearly just looking for ways to interpret things in a sinister way to FUD bitshares.

This is not some malevolent takeover attempt by chinese whales, it is simply yet more incompetence when it comes to PR by people who are involved in bitshares.

Essentially, some chinese guys are like: "Wow, those western guys are incompetent at PR!  Lets take charge of the PR situaiton".  But then they are just as incompetent and post this absurd thing without thinking it through either or running it by people.

This will go over well with the non-Bitshares cryptocurrency community.

Why are you so determined to FUD bitshares to the greater crypto community? 
Yes, everyone in bitshares is utterly worthless at PR and they give you ample opportunities to do this.  But why do you hate Bitshares so much?

It amazes me the lack of foresight involved with a decision like this.  This could've been kept private and BM's post frequency minimized, as it should be. Typing and answering forum posts is not coding.  No need to announce a man in the high castle will be editing his posts and others.

Yep, it was terrible and incompetent PR.  Thats all it was.  Yet another person coming in and sticking their foot in their mouth when it comes to trying to say something about bitshares.  You interpret it as something far more than it really was.
You have no idea what you're talking about.  The biggest foot in mouth is going to be yours.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 11:34:36 pm by NewMine »

Tuck Fheman

I was ok with letting this thread die but Tuck's post made me crack up.

Offline hpenvy2

• View Profile
I like to know what kind of effort will raise market cap .
It is needed badly now more than ever . So , you input ?

I would start with a clear development road map.  See MaidSafe for example, http://maidsafe.net/roadmap.

It is uncertainty that shakes most investors and the market in general.  Constantly changing direction under the guise of "growing up" is just confusing.  Develop a road map and stick to it.  The other 2.0 projects have for the most part been very clear as to their goals and how they plan to get there.

That being said, as much as most here don't want to admit, so goes the market value of Bitcoin so goes the market value of other blockchain tech.  There is not a lot the Bitshares community can do to change this.  This is a long term investment, and a very risky one at that.  It's a fool's errand to try and analyze what affects the market cap on a day to day basis.

Maidsafe had the right idea with their clear roadmap for investors to monitor progress.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
I was ok with letting this thread die but Tuck's post made me crack up.

It isn't about fighting, it is about doing. We need a better dilution model that directs pay and is more versatile than what we have along with a propsal/approval system.  Unfortunately there are a lot of other things that also need doing. :(
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline fuzzy

The prowess (intentional or not) of the original PR post is now revealing itself.

• Post polarizing PR message
  • Wait for ****storm.
  • Revise PR message
  • Get what you wanted all along, now with consensus in an effort to make step 2 stop.
Problem, reaction, solution! 

It's like BitShares false flag attacked itself to get a desired end result. Seems to be working, great job!

Leonard Nimoy would be proud of teh sheer genius behind this move ... oh wait.

It's a joke, get over it.

We get the governance we deserve.  In the end it comes down to the question of what we think we deserve and what we are willing to fight for.

Ultimately we can't know the intentions.  And Ultimately those intentions don't matter nearly as much as how we respond to it.
I think it is a good idea to figure out what is going on in the chinese community and the only way to do that is to stop accusing and actually take this chance to clarify things.  There ample opportunity to give those who screwed up the chance to prove their intent.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 10:47:05 pm by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile

Tuck Fheman

The prowess (intentional or not) of the original PR post is now revealing itself.

• Post polarizing PR message
  • Wait for ****storm.
  • Revise PR message
  • Get what you wanted all along, now with consensus in an effort to make step 2 stop.
Problem, reaction, solution! 

It's like BitShares false flag attacked itself to get a desired end result. Seems to be working, great job!

Leonard Nimoy would be proud of teh sheer genius behind this move ... oh wait.

It's a joke, get over it.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

The big problem is you have a couple Chinese whales pulling strings here. Their thoughts and ideas may be right but this is the wrong way of going about it. Unfortunately they have been threatening BM that they will divest and are scaring him into their will. 

This is only the beginning of what the Chinese whales want. More to come....Don't get me wrong, I fully agree with what they want, but the inevitable results will kill Bitshares.

I think your interpretation of events is pretty absurd.  You are clearly just looking for ways to interpret things in a sinister way to FUD bitshares.

This is not some malevolent takeover attempt by chinese whales, it is simply yet more incompetence when it comes to PR by people who are involved in bitshares.

Essentially, some chinese guys are like: "Wow, those western guys are incompetent at PR!  Lets take charge of the PR situaiton".  But then they are just as incompetent and post this absurd thing without thinking it through either or running it by people.

This will go over well with the non-Bitshares cryptocurrency community.

Why are you so determined to FUD bitshares to the greater crypto community? 
Yes, everyone in bitshares is utterly worthless at PR and they give you ample opportunities to do this.  But why do you hate Bitshares so much?

It amazes me the lack of foresight involved with a decision like this.  This could've been kept private and BM's post frequency minimized, as it should be. Typing and answering forum posts is not coding.  No need to announce a man in the high castle will be editing his posts and others.

Yep, it was terrible and incompetent PR.  Thats all it was.  Yet another person coming in and sticking their foot in their mouth when it comes to trying to say something about bitshares.  You interpret it as something far more than it really was.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

zerosum

??? Seriously?

Yes, absolutely seriously:

Goebbels was one of the best PR guys of all times - he knew how it works.

“It would not be impossible to prove with sufficient repetition and a psychological understanding of the people concerned that a square is in fact a circle. They are mere words, and words can be molded until they clothe ideas and disguise.”

The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly - it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over.”

-------
Additionally, here is what the spokesmen wrote, after self appointing himself in that position of course:

"1.The Core Developers (including any member thereof individually) should ... nor speak of their ideas thereof on the forum until ...the Spokesman grants clearance .... "

"2.The Core Developers (including any member thereof individually) should make no comment on any subject on the forum unless approved by and posted through the Spokesman. ...."

"3.The Core Developers (including any member thereof individually) should not disclose  information ... unless approved by and communicated through the Spokesman."

"4.The Core Developers (including any member thereof individually) should not air their internal discussions or debates on any open issue until  ... the Spokesman grants clearance to that disclosure."

"5.The Core Developers (including any member thereof individually) should never comment on any ... unless approved by and posted through the Spokesman"

"6.The Core Developers (including any member thereof individually) should not answer any ...unless relevant questions or requests are directed by the Spokesman to the Core Developers and the answers of the Core Developers are approved by and communicated through the Spokesman."

So the above does not scream Nazi Germany for you? For me it does.

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline James212

• View Profile

I would start with a clear development road map.  See MaidSafe for example, http://maidsafe.net/roadmap.

It is uncertainty that shakes most investors and the market in general.  Constantly changing direction under the guise of "growing up" is just confusing.  Develop a road map and stick to it.  The other 2.0 projects have for the most part been very clear as to their goals and how they plan to get there.

+5%
BTS: theangelwaveproject

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline James212

• View Profile
I am disappointed that it has come to this.

The Core Developers (including any member thereof individually) should make no comment on any subject on the forum unless approved by and posted through the Spokesman.

-5%

+5% +5%
BTS: theangelwaveproject