Author Topic: [ANN] Moonstone.io development and crowdfunder diary  (Read 89218 times)

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
there's an easy way to make a bitcoin faucet with xapo ( http://makebucks.today/how-to-free-xapo-bitcoin-faucet/ ) - will something like this be possible with moonstone?

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
$130k could buy more than 26 million BTS.  Imagine what would happen if people bought up and held 26 million BTS, or 10% of the total BTS available on btc38. 

Given that prices have recently been stable with very little buying or selling pressure, this would probably break the downtrend and get traders buying BTS again. 

But no, gotta suck $130k out the bitshares community, already sucked dry by music, play, and buying up dilution shares.

Enjoy your IOUs for BTS instead of actual BTS which you could be buying right now.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
I noticed that the fundraising period is extended to 2 months. Will the second month provide the same profit rate? (1.15)

PS. I agree with liondani's statement. Big supporters are out of fresh money due to Music and Play. Once their price goes up significantly with enough liquidity, we will see big chunk of donations.
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Normally the worst case scenario is that they will get their $130000, even if that means that bytemaster (and us) comes to the "uncomfortable" condition to buy whatever tokens remains at the "last minute period"...
The problem is that the bigger bitshares supporters are out of fresh money and they have the hope that new money comes in before they need to contribute one more time ....  they  have already to much exposure to BTS(?)...  Just a wild guess...

PS if the delegates get elected, without a successful Fund raise...  When will the project get open source ?... Because even with a delay you will collect the funds...

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
Xeroc says:

"...this also means there will be no competition to bitUSD .. and that a crosschain capable wallet like moobstone will be desperately needed .. IMHO .. this news should pump their fundraising .. +5%"

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15672.msg201244.html#msg201244

+5% LOLs for moobstone
delegate-clayop

Offline onceuponatime

Xeroc says:

"...this also means there will be no competition to bitUSD .. and that a crosschain capable wallet like moobstone will be desperately needed .. IMHO .. this news should pump their fundraising .. +5%"

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15672.msg201244.html#msg201244

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
"open source is always better in our opinion"

Community Members:  IMHO, this is an opportunity to give proof to your open source philosophy, create a common (community) good, and increase your BTS hoiding by 15%. What's not to like?

Those of you thinking "well, the wallet will be released anyway" are missing a golden opportunity to demonstrate that open source is the future.

+5% +5% +5%

Imagine that our killer services, for example GEMspace, has its own tweaked wallet forked from Moonstone (GEMstone?)

Imagine that each gateway has a wallet which integrates on/off-ramp service using Moonstone.

Isn't it awesome?
delegate-clayop

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Community Members:  IMHO, this is an opportunity to give proof to your open source philosophy, create a common (community) good, and increase your BTS hoiding by 15%. What's not to like?
Those of you thinking "well, the wallet will be released anyway" are missing a golden opportunity to demonstrate that open source is the future.

+5% +5% +5%
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline onceuponatime

Offline bitsapphire

So what does MOONFUND really give you?

The MOONFUND tokens have value because they will be bought back in terms of BTS in the future through Moonstone delegate income.

Besides the potential profit motive you also help the Bitshares application ecosystem get kickstarted as startups rarely have the funding or time to develop the lower level stack. We want to make higher level service oriented startups easier to build.

Remind me again. What is the plan for the Moonfund donors in the unlikely scenario that you do not meet your goal of 130K USD? How if at all do you plan to make such sponsors/donors whole?

Is it again the same principle - try to get N delegates elected and buy the Moonfund token at 1 BTS a piece? Or will those donations be treated as no string attached tips and no attempt will be made to pay them back?

PS
Do not get me wrong... I love Moonstone (as well as the Moon and The Stones), but just trying to decide on most appropriate trading strategy for my moonfund tokens. And for that I need clarity on the rules.

This so hard.  I haven't donated yet because it's unclear to me how this whole thing is going to be handled.

If we don't reach our goal then we will make just the frontend open source under the more restrictive GPL3 license and keep the backend closed source. 3rd party applications will still be able to use our backend in a trust-less manner very similar to how Chain works. The Bitshares startup ecosystem will in our opinion still profit from this, but open source is always better in our opinion.

Regardless of whether we reach our goal or not, the wallet will be released and all transactions going through our servers will ask for the pre-set (but opt-out) delegate list. We will continue with the buybck of all MOONFUND tokens in the market as planned even if we don't reach our goal.
Register and get your personal Moonstone Wallet Beta here: https://moonstone.io/login-register.html

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Remind me again. What is the plan for the Moonfund donors in the unlikely scenario that you do not meet your goal of 130K USD? How if at all do you plan to make such sponsors/donors whole?

Is it again the same principle - try to get N delegates elected and buy the Moonfund token at 1 BTS a piece? Or will those donations be treated as no string attached tips and no attempt will be made to pay them back?

PS
Do not get me wrong... I love Moonstone (as well as the Moon and The Stones), but just trying to decide on most appropriate trading strategy for my moonfund tokens. And for that I need clarity on the rules.

It's my understanding that no matter what the result the delegates are the payback mechanism.. assuming they are voted in.

I made some recommendations tonight in the marketing meeting on how this fund could best see it's way to success. It still has 50 days to go.. so I think it has a good chance at making it if they take the direction of targeting other markets. I can see some good things coming down the pipeline with the coverage.. now this needs developers support.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline yellowecho

This so hard.  I haven't donated yet because it's unclear to me how this whole thing is going to be handled.
696c6f766562726f776e696573

zerosum

PS

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
So what does MOONFUND really give you?

Offline mint chocolate chip

we actually write is this way: 13,000$.
I should have known. There are so many ways to punctuate money amounts, around the world!
It is on the wrong side if directly below it the $ sign is used on the opposite side.