Author Topic: Hangout every Friday @ 10am EST/STD  (Read 278218 times)

Offline Buck Fankers

• Under New Management
    • View Profile
    • TuckFheman.com
  • BitShares: buckfankers

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
How do I gain access to this hangout when it is live?

scroll down to the original post in this thread and there's a link with details.

Offline Blazin8888

How do I gain access to this hangout when it is live?

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
Can we please discuss how open bitasset positions will be handled in the 2.0 migration? Here's a thread i started on the subject, but we still don't have a definitive answer:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,17681.0.html

so far i've learned that open orders will be cancelled, funds returned to each account. What we don't know is how open positions will be handled, especially bc 2.0 won't have identically matched assets to those currently trading, e.g. no bitUSD with interest paid directly.

the sooner we figure this out the better for all of us actively trading in our markets.

jakub

And I'd like to make sure bytemaster is aware of this opportunity for BitShares:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,17563.0.html

jakub

It seems that the issue of bit-assets yield being removed in 2.0 is being treated as a fundamental change to the social contract as it affects business models already built around this feature.

But it wasn't done that way, and now there are plans to make a fundamental change to the social contract. 

My question is this: can we expect the bond market to be flexible enough and user-friendly enough to fully replace the lost functionality of bit-assets yield?

Offline fuzzy

Questions below this point will be asked in this week's hangout (24 JUL 2015)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Is BTS 2.0 redesigning the whole GUI instead of building on the existing one?
The communication technology between client/GUI and P2P-core client has fundamentally changed. Hence a rewrite. It is also alot(!!!) more responsive now!

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Is BTS 2.0 redesigning the whole GUI instead of building on the existing one?

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags

when will the test need be released?
Is there an eta on when the 2.0 will be released? By sept 1st?

No way it will be that soon.  Hopefully this year.

Today we were pushing over 500 transactions per second through a test network with 4 nodes with ease.   The bottleneck right now is how fast an individual wallet can produce transactions and not how fast the network can process transactions.   The network code is the same as under BTS and had never been pushed to these kinds of limits, so today we fixed a few things.   

We have a working snapshot of BTS imported into Graphene.  All of the tests are currently passing. 

The GUI is what we are waiting on now and it is coming along very well, but as you can see still needs quite a bit of work.   Everything is far more fluid and smooth in the new GUI the feel is greatly improved. 

+5%

if the GUI style  have several kinds  to choose?   like mt4   classic etc

« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 02:26:29 am by sudo »

Offline MJK

• View Profile

Looks nice.

But to the untrained it still looks confusing. BM mentioned in one mumble that it would be modular to allow people to have it set up differently. When you look at BitReserve its easy and obvious if you want to buy or sell Oil, even to someone who doesnt know what shorting is. If you are not familiar with trading it needs to be as intuitive as what bitreserve have.

I think we should make this screen to interpret as possible.

Offline svk

Looks nice.

But to @svk:

The value, amount, and price quantities in the GUI aren't right aligned and also seem to be missing comma separators for large numbers.

There should be a quick toggle button to switch the Quote and Base assets (thus inverting the prices and switching the Value and Amount fields).

Since there is so much horizontal space in the middle column, I think it would be nice if it also included a Value column so that people could see the value of their order in units of the Base asset.

Also, I assume that this screenshot is older since here I see you were arguing for a symmetric ordering for the buy and sell columns of the user's unfilled orders, which I strongly agree with.

Finally, I don't like the way the timestamp is represented. First, I hope that the representation of the timestamp will adjust to fit with the user's preferences (so this would be an option in their preferences to globally adjust date and time display in the client, as well as other locale-related things like the characters to use for the decimal vs the separator). But if you were going to choose a default, I think the one represented in the screenshot isn't a good default. If you look at the time alone, then reading left to right, it goes from more significant units to less significant units (hh:mm:ss), but if you look at the date alone, it goes from less significant units to more significant units (DD:MM:YYYY). Putting it together and reading it from left to right, the significance of the units don't follow a nice pattern. So I think the YYYY:MM:DD, hh:mm:ss format makes the most sense as a default since the lexicographical order is equivalent to the chronological order.

Thanks for the feedback, I agree with most of your points.

The screenshot is from Cass's branch where he tried out changing the cancel buttons like mentioned in the PR, it's not actually merged so for now the open orders are still symmetrical.

I'm still technically on holiday until the end of the week but I'll try and get some work done to correct the things you've mentioned.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag

Looks nice.

But to @svk:

The value, amount, and price quantities in the GUI aren't right aligned and also seem to be missing comma separators for large numbers.

There should be a quick toggle button to switch the Quote and Base assets (thus inverting the prices and switching the Value and Amount fields).

Since there is so much horizontal space in the middle column, I think it would be nice if it also included a Value column so that people could see the value of their order in units of the Base asset.

Also, I assume that this screenshot is older since here I see you were arguing for a symmetric ordering for the buy and sell columns of the user's unfilled orders, which I strongly agree with.

Finally, I don't like the way the timestamp is represented. First, I hope that the representation of the timestamp will adjust to fit with the user's preferences (so this would be an option in their preferences to globally adjust date and time display in the client, as well as other locale-related things like the characters to use for the decimal vs the separator). But if you were going to choose a default, I think the one represented in the screenshot isn't a good default. If you look at the time alone, then reading left to right, it goes from more significant units to less significant units (hh:mm:ss), but if you look at the date alone, it goes from less significant units to more significant units (DD:MM:YYYY). Putting it together and reading it from left to right, the significance of the units don't follow a nice pattern. So I think the YYYY:MM:DD, hh:mm:ss format makes the most sense as a default since the lexicographical order is equivalent to the chronological order.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 05:55:25 pm by arhag »

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
i agree that immutability has big value, but so does flexibility. the market is surely big enough for two similar products, one immutable and the other flexible enough to enable a mutlifactor authentication method to change the payout streams on command.

That's what I'm saying.  We need an "immutability button" option for annuities.  I should have just proposed it in that vernacular.

ha ok great so let's get to work :)