Author Topic: Hangout every Friday @ 10am EST/STD  (Read 278189 times)

Offline MJK

• View Profile
The referral thing is a stroke of genius without a doubt.
When I read that it would be released this summer and I see that it's essentially August now, I just expected there to be specifics about the launch. I absolutely agree it needs to be done right first time it's just I would like to hear a specific roadmap for the next 4 months - what's left to do and ETAs. He last couple of mumbles I heard where good, but we drift from week to week and wonder what BM is going to say and what will be included in the update.
I am not complaining, just eager and wish there was some type of roadmap/task list to go live that we can all follow to final release.

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
Demand for BTS and its products is going to come more and more from users and less and less (percentage wise) from speculators where most other cryptos are trapped fighting over the same fickle money hopping from pump to pump.  (Of course, speculators will follow the coming surge in BitShares users too.)

+5% i think demand for SmartCoins and bond market products will be our core business massive success. that's why i've stuck with this despite seemingly nonstop speculative losses; i believe in what we're doing, so i keep buying more.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
It seems to me that BTS is keep falling and falling in price. The other day people commented that 1 Brownie PTS will be worth 100 BTS. The whole market appears not confident about what is happening with BTS and this is reflected in the price. And now reading some posts I see long term supporters of the community valuing BTS differently. I personally don't feel this way but apparently the market is not valuing BTS like me..

To this effect I would ask BM if possible to address this by reassuring investors that BTS is going in the right direction and BTS holders will not be keeping the bag. If he can bring back lost confidence it would be nice. Explain in more details what is the plan and how BTS holders will profit. Re assure that CNX is complementary to BTS and not competitor..Things like that..

I don't think it has anything to do with lost confidence, except perhaps among the uninformed.  Our expectations are sky-high with respect to the impact our referral program will have on bringing in new users from our partners by the tens of thousands.  (In today's Mumble we briefly touched on one example - 40,000 potential new members from a professional engineers' society.) There is a really compelling incentive for all sorts of businesses to quickly monetize their existing user bases and there will be a gold rush of all kinds of people signing up new users.  And with more partners come more products and services and market depth - growing the BitShares economy in an exponential sort of way.

This is a major part of the Cryptonomex business plan - helping to find and assist new partners to do the above.  You see us doing that already with many of the Summer Announcements to date and more to come.

Another part of our business plan is to capture outside funding so we can add features to BitShares faster without requiring BitShares to pay for all of it.  This gives BitShares a higher "thrust to weight ratio" so to speak.

The ability to pay developers competitive wages is another big benefit of having Cryptonomex attract partners, customers, and investors that BitShares has no way to attract on its own.  That's the original reason Cryptonomex was founded.

And then there is the potential for BTS holders to be the targets of future share drops for new chains.  That remains a major factor in our thinking about who gets a Graphene license and thus another reason why Cryptonomex involvement in developing new chains directly adds to the value BTS holders receive.    It increases the likelihood of more share drops for public chains where that makes sense.  I'd hate to be sitting on the sidelines when one of those is announced.

Demand for BTS and its products is going to come more and more from users and less and less (percentage wise) from speculators where most other cryptos are trapped fighting over the same fickle money hopping from pump to pump.  (Of course, speculators will follow the coming surge in BitShares users too.)

:)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 04:06:36 pm by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Explain in more details what is the plan ..

I think this is the deal right now. I'm sure the devs are working hard but after the announcement I feel we're drifting from week to week without any idea on specifically when we will go live. It simply doesn't make any sense that we can be so close yet there is no countdown or release date.

I see other people are saying similar things and think it's about time we put a release date out there. If there is a specific reason why this can't be done then I would like to hear it.

Just want to bring attention to some points.. we don't even have  the testnet launched.. we have been given estimates which give a reasonable time frame within a month period of when we can expect to see something. Anything beyond that would simply be unrealistic.

This is not copying a widget and remanufacturing it and telling everyone when it will roll off the assembly line. This is creating a whole new market place and a whole new system. So we have the unrealistic expectations of wanting a specific date, and we have CMX that doesn't even have a testnet to project from for such a date. It's perfect storm of disconnect.

I think the price is what it is because of everything else going on and also the time of year. I doubt there is anything that anybody can say that would change it.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline MJK

• View Profile
Explain in more details what is the plan ..

I think this is the deal right now. I'm sure the devs are working hard but after the announcement I feel we're drifting from week to week without any idea on specifically when we will go live. It simply doesn't make any sense that we can be so close yet there is no countdown or release date.

I see other people are saying similar things and think it's about time we put a release date out there. If there is a specific reason why this can't be done then I would like to hear it.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
It seems to me that BTS is keep falling and falling in price. The other day people commented that 1 Brownie PTS will be worth 100 BTS. The whole market appears not confident about what is happening with BTS and this is reflected in the price. And now reading some posts I see long term supporters of the community valuing BTS differently. I personally don't feel this way but apparently the market is not valuing BTS like me..

To this effect I would ask BM if possible to address this by reassuring investors that BTS is going in the right direction and BTS holders will not be keeping the bag. If he can bring back lost confidence it would be nice. Explain in more details what is the plan and how BTS holders will profit. Re assure that CNX is complementary to BTS and not competitor..Things like that..

jakub

Bytemaster, could you walk us through the BTS 2.0 referral program from the new user's perspective?
I especially would like to know how the new user is supposed to pay the subscription fee? Will s/he need to buy some bitUSD first to pay for the subscription fee or do you envision some other way to do it?

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210
How to ignite a Bitasset market?

I would like to know about Cryptonomics exp about how to start a BitAsset market. I already wrote a post about it here : https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,17609.msg224338.html#msg224338

I see limits in certain markets because there is nothing existing to be traded (BtsGold, HKD) . Does it needs delegates to burn bts , shorting bit assets into existence?

That would be a heavy lose business to start an asset...

Lookign forward to an answer :)

Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Excuse me if this has been answered elsewhere, my question is regarding fees and micro transactions,

Do you believe the current fees of BitShares 2.0 (0.20cents) could limit potential partnerships (i.e. implementing Qora in BitShares)? Do you think this could be relatively easy to solve in the future to allow micro transactions? Do you have an idea of how this could potentially be solved with a different method, other than lowering the fees through voting in the future?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 09:00:48 pm by Akado »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Could Bbytemaster comment if there is an ETA of 2.0 and shouldn't there be more communication on this with the community if it is only 1-8 weeks away from release?

This^^

Also the test net

Offline MJK

• View Profile
How is the discussions going with this bank? Are they still ongoing? Are they progressing and promising? Any other valuable partnership discussions he would care to comment on?

Offline MJK

• View Profile
Could Bbytemaster comment if there is an ETA of 2.0 and shouldn't there be more communication on this with the community if it is only 1-8 weeks away from release?

Offline fuzzy

Are there any projects you feel would be powerful partnerships out there?  If so which ones and which ones should we prioritize contacting?
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline fuzzy

Questions below this point will be asked in this week's hangout (31 JUL 2015)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

jakub

I have a question regrading BTS 2.0 licensing after September 8th.

Let's assume that after September 8th BTS 2.0 is released and I want to launch a decentralized exchange in the BTS ecosystem and host my customers' BTS wallets on my server.

1. Can I safely assume that all the software infrastructure will be there for me to grab free of charge and I won't need to write a single line of code?
(Obviously except the code handling the on-ramp and off-ramp for my customers' fiat payments)
2. Will the BTS 2.0 full node client include the server code to support BTS wallet hosting?
3. Is there a draft version of the exact wording of the license model after September 8th?