Author Topic: Hangout every Friday @ 10am EST/STD  (Read 277233 times)

jakub

I was also thinking about asking if it is conceivable that the Graphene name might be offered for rebranding BitShares.
But since the community seems to be generally against this idea - probably this question does not make much sense now.
It's up to you, Fuzzy.

jakub

I have two questions:

(1) Does BM agree with the general conclusion that the new referral system combined with the DPOSHUB web service will be enough to take care of the marketing side once BitShares 2.0 is released?
If so, how does he perceive the marketing efficiency of Ethereum when compared to BitShares efficiency in this area?
(it's true we haven't had a stable product to sell yet but Ethereum has no product at all and still seems to beat us big time as far as PR is concerned)

(2) Will BM ever consider inviting Charles Hoskinson to join the CNX team?
(I know this is a very controversial issue and I am not really entitled to ask this but I thought it might be worth trying if Fuzzy thinks it's appropriate)

Offline fuzzy

Don't forget to ask your questions here before tomorrow!
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline mike623317

• View Profile

I'll ask the same question please fuzzy.

Q: Are we still in discussions with that bank BM referred to? If yes, how is that progressing?

I know he cant really give much detail, but in general terms I think we can know if its progressing. Are we reaching out to banks or did this one express and interest in BitShares?

We have a non-disclosure agreement which precludes us from divulging any details.
However we are pleased with the progress of the relationship and we expect it to grow.
We are only providing some consulting services and information about our technology at this point but it helps to pay the bills and it is a two-way learning experience.

Excellent, thank you stan. Thats good news that this is ongoing.
Appreciate the update.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

Q: Are we still in discussions with that bank BM referred to? If yes, how is that progressing?

I know he cant really give much detail, but in general terms I think we can know if its progressing. Are we reaching out to banks or did this one express and interest in BitShares?

We have a non-disclosure agreement which precludes us from divulging any details.
However we are pleased with the progress of the relationship and we expect it to grow.
We are only providing some consulting services and information about our technology at this point but it helps to pay the bills and it is a two-way learning experience.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

He said it was progressing but he couldnt say anything about it.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline topcandle

Question mentioned on Mumble that didn't get answered:

Paraphrasing..."Don't chains that sharedrop 20% and then dilute violate the Social Consensus?"

Answer:  No violation.  After you get your full 20% then you have to decide whether to cash it out or let it ride.

If you let it ride you are freely deciding that your are OK with the expected growth vs. the expected dilution.
So what happens after genesis is in your control, and you shouldn't expect a developer to take that into account for you.

In the case of Identabit's Proof of Appreciation guarantees that no dilution will occur at all for a while until the algorithm has validated that offsetting appreciation has occurred.

So the worry about what the supply will be at some distant point in the future is unknowable and moot. 

You start out sharing 20% and have plenty of time to decide your own fate (and opt out if you want) before any change in the supply ever happens.

Thanks for answering!  Although I'm not completely felt whole.  I think another way to look at it is to see that the value given to BM and company now allows for a faster burn rate of transaction fees.  So similar to adding greater value, the faster the deflation, we may end up with greater than 20% someday as opposed to less.  Any of these scenarios are possible. 
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline mike623317

• View Profile

Offline fuzzy

Questions below this point will be asked in next week's hangout (21 AUG 2015)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline bobmaloney

Paraphrasing..."Don't chains that sharedrop 20% and then dilute violate the Social Consensus?"

Answer:  No violation.  After you get your full 20% then you have to decide whether to cash it out or let it ride.

You start out sharing 20% and have plenty of time to decide your own fate (and opt out if you want) before any change in the supply ever happens.

This is a good point and I agree.

However, I would think and recommend it in the best interest of many potential sharedrop projects to require vesting, especially those projects that will require substantial maturation.
In order for the above to hold true to the Social Consensus, any inflation/dilution should not occur until vesting is complete unless those particular sharedropped accounts include vesting equal to any inflation/dilution.

"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
- Jack Handey (SNL)

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

If you let it ride you are freely deciding that your are OK with the expected growth vs. the expected dilution.
So what happens after genesis is in your control, and you shouldn't expect a developer to take that into account for you.

In the case of Identabit's Proof of Appreciation guarantees that no dilution will occur at all for a while until the algorithm has validated that offsetting appreciation has occurred.

So the worry about what the supply will be at some distant point in the future is unknowable and moot. 

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

chryspano

I would like to give 1000 points per "block" for every forum member with more than 1 block.  (Heros, etc...) and I will give major points to someone who offers to hand them out.

Is this going to happen at some point?

Offline phillyguy

Anyone know what the largest Mumble attendance has been to date? Anyone willing to wager tomorrow's will be the biggest yet?

Offline mike623317

• View Profile

I would prefer it if the majority of the discussion could focus on the 2.0 release  and the phone app (which is great).

1. Are we still in discussions with that bank BM referred to? If yes, how is that progressing?
2. Was that bank referring to identabit or bitshares?

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop