Author Topic: Hangout every Friday @ 10am EST/STD  (Read 278170 times)

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
I can't get the mumble client to run so I will have to rely on this thread to get my question in there...

Regarding what has been brought up initially by bitcoinfan here https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,16318.msg227162.html#msg227162

Question: Do you see a way to combine the bitshare's scalable and efficient curated apps model with rewarding developers for how much the apps they develop are used (ethereum model)?

Context:
BitShare's model is to develop the apps in house and reward those that market them and find specific markets to market them to.
Ethereum's model is to let external devs develop the apps who can charge per volume or for access to the app (that at least is how I understand it atm:  https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/3il72a/revenues_for_dapp_developers/).  Marketing is  done also by the respective dev (or a referral program if he codes that into his app  additionally.
The questions I put in here rarely get asked on mumble. Makes me feel a bit disappointed   :(

Offline fuzzy

Questions below this point will be asked in next week's hangout (4 SEP 2015)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Can I transfer one BitShares account from me to another person?

not in BTS1 ... but in BTS2 it will be .. it's a core feature:
https://bitshares.org/technology/transferable-named-accounts/

Offline brainbug

• View Profile
Can I transfer one BitShares account from me to another person?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Nice idea .. should be possible to do with react .. maybe i can work on this the week

Is there a reason for choosing react over angular.. or is it just a matter of preference for the programmer?
i already started working on a stats page and chose to take the advantage to react more about the gui .. which is written in react
I now have a basic working gauge meter for TPS .. written in plain javascript .. maybe easier for others to interpret .. let me do some more testing and tweaking as well as refactoring of code .. then I can publish the code (and maybe even a demo) on github ... this week ...

Excuse the noobish design:

good job!! Having this on BitSharesBlocks would be awesome  +5%

One more question that maybe someone can answer here: will we have a better peg on bitAssets?
Depends on the definition .. with CFDs, the bitUSD should almost NEVER trade below 1$ .. but an small premium is to be expected .. you can find more about this on the webpage's blog or the upcoming whitepaper (hopefully soon)

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Nice idea .. should be possible to do with react .. maybe i can work on this the week

Is there a reason for choosing react over angular.. or is it just a matter of preference for the programmer?
i already started working on a stats page and chose to take the advantage to react more about the gui .. which is written in react
I now have a basic working gauge meter for TPS .. written in plain javascript .. maybe easier for others to interpret .. let me do some more testing and tweaking as well as refactoring of code .. then I can publish the code (and maybe even a demo) on github ... this week ...

good job!! Having this on BitSharesBlocks would be awesome  +5%

One more question that maybe someone can answer here: will we have a better peg on bitAssets?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
I can't get the mumble client to run so I will have to rely on this thread to get my question in there...

Regarding what has been brought up initially by bitcoinfan here https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,16318.msg227162.html#msg227162

Question: Do you see a way to combine the bitshare's scalable and efficient curated apps model with rewarding developers for how much the apps they develop are used (ethereum model)?

Context:
BitShare's model is to develop the apps in house and reward those that market them and find specific markets to market them to.
Ethereum's model is to let external devs develop the apps who can charge per volume or for access to the app (that at least is how I understand it atm:  https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/3il72a/revenues_for_dapp_developers/).  Marketing is  done also by the respective dev (or a referral program if he codes that into his app  additionally.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 12:10:57 pm by delulo »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 04:39:06 pm by xeroc »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Akado

• View Profile

That's awesome, would love to see that!
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline Akado

• View Profile
Could a live stream be made showing the high rate of transaction tests BitShares 2.0 can handle? Then have it uploaded onto youtube. Would be awesome to have something with which we could actually back up our statements. Not to mention we could definitely stand out in the media and impress lots of people. Would love to see this happen.

Offline fuzzy

Questions below this point will be asked in next week's hangout (28 AUG 2015)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Sometime I feel like the only way BTS will ever go up is if I can manage to accumulate almost every BTS in existence.

Question: 
Bytemaster, once I have acquired every other single BTS in the world, and its only you and me left in this thing, are you gonna dump it on me to pay taxes again or something, or are we gonna hold and finally see a price rise? :)