Author Topic: Hangout every Friday @ 10am EST/STD  (Read 278180 times)

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Q: can we test the referral system prior to the launch? Can you please post some info on linkbuilding (eg graphene.bitshares.org/?r=fav ?) - Marketers need some time to prepare and need to know how to build links for the launch.

+5% +5%
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Q: can we test the referral system prior to the launch? Can you please post some info on linkbuilding (eg graphene.bitshares.org/?r=fav ?) - Marketers need some time to prepare and need to know how to build links for the launch.

Offline fuzzy

Don't forget to ask any questions you want to see answered for tomorrow!
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline fuzzy

Tried to get on the hangout today with my iphone mumble app , but only got a error message. Try going on with my PC and it didn't work too.

The mumble is absolutely packed today, over 90 people I think

There was over 90.  But don't worry, it will get much bigger as we work on something special for the open source DPoS community :)

We will also have GChicken and Xeroc to thank (and potentially more) for pledging the time to help with the project. 
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 05:39:01 am by fuzzy »

Offline konelectric

Tried to get on the hangout today with my iphone mumble app , but only got a error message. Try going on with my PC and it didn't work too.

Can't wait for it to come out on SoundCloud.
Tweeter: Konelectric. Steemit: Konelectric. Youtube: Patrick Konshak. Success Council: Yourship. Mumble: Yourship or Konelectric.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise

kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline konelectric

Tweeter: Konelectric. Steemit: Konelectric. Youtube: Patrick Konshak. Success Council: Yourship. Mumble: Yourship or Konelectric.

Tuck Fheman

Excuse the noobish design:

duuuude, yer a Gawd! I wish I could code 1/8th as good as you.

Offline infovortice2013

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares en español
  • BitShares: traderx
if no questions,,, simply go and drink, smoke, fuck or whatever, just enjoy.

The winter is comming.

salut.

New Keyoteeid: 5rUhuLCDWUA2FStkKVRTWYEqY1mZhwpfVdRmYEvMRFRD1bqYAL
new08/21 id 5Sjf3LMuYPSeNnjLYXmAoHj5Z6TPCmwmfXD6XwDmg27dwfQ

Offline fuzzy

Tuck Fheman

I can't get the mumble client to run so I will have to rely on this thread to get my question in there...

Regarding what has been brought up initially by bitcoinfan here https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,16318.msg227162.html#msg227162

Question: Do you see a way to combine the bitshare's scalable and efficient curated apps model with rewarding developers for how much the apps they develop are used (ethereum model)?

Context:
BitShare's model is to develop the apps in house and reward those that market them and find specific markets to market them to.
Ethereum's model is to let external devs develop the apps who can charge per volume or for access to the app (that at least is how I understand it atm:  https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/3il72a/revenues_for_dapp_developers/).  Marketing is  done also by the respective dev (or a referral program if he codes that into his app  additionally.
The questions I put in here rarely get asked on mumble. Makes me feel a bit disappointed   :(

This may answer your question, your mileage may vary ...
https://soundcloud.com/beyond-bitcoin-hangouts/beyond-bitcoin-dev-hangout-8-21-2015-s3#t=22:00

Transcript, look at 22:00 ...
https://beyondbitcoin.org/bitshares-dev-hangout-bytemaster-testnets-and-guis-august-21-2015

Offline fuzzy

I can't get the mumble client to run so I will have to rely on this thread to get my question in there...

Regarding what has been brought up initially by bitcoinfan here https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,16318.msg227162.html#msg227162

Question: Do you see a way to combine the bitshare's scalable and efficient curated apps model with rewarding developers for how much the apps they develop are used (ethereum model)?

Context:
BitShare's model is to develop the apps in house and reward those that market them and find specific markets to market them to.
Ethereum's model is to let external devs develop the apps who can charge per volume or for access to the app (that at least is how I understand it atm:  https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/3il72a/revenues_for_dapp_developers/).  Marketing is  done also by the respective dev (or a referral program if he codes that into his app  additionally.
The questions I put in here rarely get asked on mumble. Makes me feel a bit disappointed   :(

In the interest of making you feel less disappointed, I'll offer my layman's observations in an attempt to draw fire from someone who actually knows. (This isn't exactly rocket science, and they don't generally let me code any more, actually ever, but I'll opine on it anyway.)

1.  We have numerous examples where certain transactions always result in some fee transferred to some permanent account (referral fees and user issued asset fees come to mind). 
2.  Anyone can write code to extend BitShares (with features that add new transaction types that have their own fee logic) and attempt to get it voted into the official suite.

Therefore, I infer that, yes it might conceivably be absolutely, without doubt, a potential slam dunk, strong long shot possibility.

The rest is left as an exercise for the student.  :)

I asked this question if I recall correctly.  I try my best to ask as many community questions as possible. Obviously the main topics brought up in mumble don't always allow it though.  Wish I could always ask.  Oh and btw delulo...we will be starting to have hangouts with other chains so there will be opportunity for different times :)

Also. Please keep asking your questions. I appreciate them...truly.  you are a thinker delulo...and thinkers are my favorite question askers  ;P
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 03:35:44 pm by fuzzy »

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

Context:

In the interest of making you feel less disappointed, I'll offer my layman's observations in an attempt to draw fire from someone who actually knows. (This isn't exactly rocket science, and they don't generally let me code any more, actually ever, but I'll opine on it anyway.)

1.  We have numerous examples where certain transactions always result in some fee transferred to some permanent account (referral fees and user issued asset fees come to mind). 
2.  Anyone can write code to extend BitShares (with features that add new transaction types that have their own fee logic) and attempt to get it voted into the official suite.

Therefore, I infer that, yes it might conceivably be absolutely, without doubt, a potential slam dunk, strong long shot possibility.

The rest is left as an exercise for the student.  :)

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.