Author Topic: Getting a SWIFT code for BitShares - Should I do this?  (Read 8284 times)

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
We don't need to pay puppy people or those who blow hot air up the bag(oops I mean share)holders asses.
+5%

hot air like this??
If you saw what brian+cass+marketing bros were up to I think you'd be ok with waiting another month or so before a "big" push. I hate vague promises of "something big is coming", but actually...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

We will quickly start loosing our launch benefit window for marketing by the end of Sept IMO.  I hope whatever they have cooking is VERY substantial.  Enough to overcome this lost opportunity.

Relax and enjoy the chance to spend one more paycheck at these prices.    ;)

The window they plan to open is to a whole new world of users who have never even heard of coinmarketcap.

This, in turn, will place BTSX at #2 on coinmarketcap and constitute the real cryptogeek "launch benefit window" you are talking about.
"Roads?  Where we're going they don't need roads!"

Jeepers Creepers!  Can't anyone have any fun anymore?  Anyone who has done their due dilligence knows that all crypto is a massively risky investment.  Assuming anyone involved has a degree of competency then musings about future success can be taken in that context!!  I can't believe it is necessary to defend the core of our own bl00dy community!

The Thrill of Victory and the Agony of Defeat!

A famous line from the old ABC Wide World of Sports intro:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2AZH4FeGsc

The risks and rewards of BitShares are yours to keep!

We appreciate the good will and patience of all those who joined us on the ground floor of BitShares last year.
(Those without good will and patience didn't stay long.)

With all the attention we have been getting lately, there are a lot more getting in on what is now the second floor.
(This is still a very good place to get on when the top of the skyscraper under construction reaches beyond the clouds.)

Many understand that they are joining a Great Experiment.
And they are prepared to accept the certain risks that come with the potential rewards.

Others come expecting easy rewards where somebody else does the work and takes the risks for them.
Those things never go together.

So this *GENERAL WARNING* is placed here as a caution to all:

BitShares is an industry under development.
You have a chance to participate in that development.

Its products are highly experimental, immature, and full of bugs.
They have been made available so early adopters can help test them.
They are likely to break on you at the worst possible time.
You should not trust them.
You should double check everything they do.
You should experiment with very small amounts before doing anything big.
You should not do anything big.
You should realize that what worked yesterday should be double-checked today.

We could wait until it is perfect before letting you participate.
But by then the rewards you might get would be reduced by as much as the risks.

That's why the disclaimer you accepted before you could first launch the software warned that the software comes with no guarantees to be good for anything at all.

It bluntly disclaims any warranty, and asserts this explicitly:

4.1. there is a risk of losing digital tokens when using products provided by this Service and that neither BitShares™,
its community of independent developers, nor DSL have any responsibility to you for any such loss;

BitShares is a decentralized community working to build a new ecosystem for all to enjoy.
It is supported by donations and volunteers only.
It has no profits with which to make guarantees.

It has no way to assume your risks.

It cannot guarantee a completely safe playground.
It cannot guarantee you won't skin your knee.
It cannot guarantee any form of safety at all.
Don't climb any higher than you are prepared to fall.

We are all explorers in a brave new frontier.
And exploration is not for the faint of heart.

:)

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile
DPOS 2.0 and blockchain-HR ability better be at the top of their list. Mark my words, this company will fail hard (thanx, voter apathy) if the basic accountability is not required. Dan and Stan are not business people, at all. I would have fired them and their puppies 2 months ago. 
Just so we're clear: Are you suggesting Dan and Stan should have been fired or two of the people they hired?

We don't need to pay puppy people or those who blow hot air up the bag(oops I mean share)holders asses.

Vikram is a GOD and he knows it. I'll protect him and his chosen few if it ever comes down to that.

Kencode, my support for your drive and passion is well documented but i'm at a loss as to what has changed for you?  I say this with great respect but your tone seems to have changed dramatically and the announcements you've made about who has and has not been working hard amongst the core development team seems the result of rather shallow analysis.  You are as well informed as anyone on this forum and are aware that a lot of development has been being done and is shortly to be released.  I don't understand why you are venting now....it won't improve the quality of the work that has been done.  Why not give the architects of the software the benefit of doubt......they are after all the reason Bitshares exists.  Once the latest release has been made we'll test it out and if something isn't working right, we'll innovate some more.....it's that simple.  There is absolutely zero need to attack stan who's certainly provided more value than many of us and in ways you are unable to measure.....you can't blame voter apathy simply because consensus indicates something that is counter to what you believe.  Any development that you have specifically requested will no doubt be reviewed and implemented assuming it hasn't been already and it makes sense to do so.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
doing things for the sake of doing things won't help. please calm down Ken and let BM & Co do their thing.
This.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
doing things for the sake of doing things won't help. please calm down Ken and let BM & Co do their thing.

Offline Krills

• View Profile
+5%

hot air like this??
If you saw what brian+cass+marketing bros were up to I think you'd be ok with waiting another month or so before a "big" push. I hate vague promises of "something big is coming", but actually...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

We will quickly start loosing our launch benefit window for marketing by the end of Sept IMO.  I hope whatever they have cooking is VERY substantial.  Enough to overcome this lost opportunity.

Relax and enjoy the chance to spend one more paycheck at these prices.    ;)

The window they plan to open is to a whole new world of users who have never even heard of coinmarketcap.

This, in turn, will place BTSX at #2 on coinmarketcap and constitute the real cryptogeek "launch benefit window" you are talking about.
"Roads?  Where we're going they don't need roads!"

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
I think you may be judging too much by github.  Vikram handles the releases of new versions of bitshares, so it will look like he is doing an inordinate amount of coding vs the other devs.

In my Poll, I requested 10 teeny tiny little features in the code, that's it. BitShares could use those features, but I doubt they will because most employees here don't want to be held accountable for anything. I WILL use those features when building DAC's. The ABILITY to offer Blockchain-HR will make the whales happy as well as employers like myself hiring a globally distributed staff. I never had that ability before and it would have saved my software company a mountain of manhour$.

I can agree with you on Stan with some points, as he was elected so that he could keep Dan "sane".  Its hard to quantify what contributions he brings to bts

Uh huh, and what should we do about that? Oh wait, I know, how about we vote him out? pffft (voter apathy) How about we let Blockchain-HR force him to produce something of value? Again, I direct you to my 10-point plan in the Poll.

17,000 of code != hot air.  Plus there will be ample documentation coming out that will help you with the business ventures your looking at doing.

Will we hold him to that? Will he meet his own deadline this time?

Will it offer what Whales and DAC Builders require?
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
DPOS 2.0 and blockchain-HR ability better be at the top of their list. Mark my words, this company will fail hard (thanx, voter apathy) if the basic accountability is not required. Dan and Stan are not business people, at all. I would have fired them and their puppies 2 months ago. 
Just so we're clear: Are you suggesting Dan and Stan should have been fired or two of the people they hired?

Vikram is a GOD and he knows it. I'll protect him and his chosen few if it ever comes down to that.

I think you may be judging too much by github.  Vikram handles the releases of new versions of bitshares, so it will look like he is doing an inordinate amount of coding vs the other devs.

I can agree with you on Stan with some points, as he was elected so that he could keep Dan "sane".  Its hard to quantify what contributions he brings to bts, but I will put faith that he is working hard to see bts succeed.

17,000 of code != hot air.  Plus there will be ample documentation coming out that will help you with the business ventures your looking at doing.  Pushing to have this released now vs in 2 weeks isn't worth the bug risk imo.  Remember the old adage "Measure Twice, Cut Once".

Offline karnal

• View Profile
I'm not sure if dividing the community like this is such a good idea.

Chill people.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise

www.PalmPay.chat

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
So besides the reliable nodes, and the 2 or 3 coders that are actually coding right now (Vikram is a GOD and I will make SURE him and his top 2 choices get paid properly if it ever comes to that), what are the other 70+ paid Delegates doing with our money today? Tomorrow? Friday?

I'm not going to bring anyone to this blockchain if they don't code in what a successful company needs, especially a globally distributed one.

Dan Larimer's (enough hiding behind your childish name) "big" announcements, his new PR expert, his "business contacts", his secretive (instead of transparent) nature, his lack of response to any of our demands, his amazing new website designer and seo/sep expert, his "17,000" lines of mystery code, his "summer surprise" etc...... My patience is wearing thin.

You said "1st of June" Dan Larimer.. Our money is where your mouth is.

just wow !

« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 02:00:25 pm by cass »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Riverhead

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
So besides the reliable nodes, and the 2 or 3 coders that are actually coding right now (Vikram is a GOD and I will make SURE him and his top 2 choices get paid properly if it ever comes to that), what are the other 70+ paid Delegates doing with our money today? Tomorrow? Friday?

I'm not going to bring anyone to this blockchain if they don't code in what a successful company needs, especially a globally distributed one.

Dan Larimer's (enough hiding behind your childish name) "big" announcements, his new PR expert, his "business contacts", his secretive (instead of transparent) nature, his lack of response to any of our demands, his amazing new website designer and seo/sep expert, his "17,000" lines of mystery code, his "summer surprise" etc...... My patience is wearing thin.

You said "1st of June" Dan Larimer.. Our money is where your mouth is.
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
How's the new website coming along cass?
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
I am formally requesting a transparent consensus amongst the community here before I do anything. Good? Bad?
Wait for the next release of BitShares before attempting to integrate it anywhere! .. seriously

THISSSSS
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile
I support all your hard work, networking, galvanizing, idea generation etc.

As long as Bitshares is not required to alter it's core values by compromising power-over-consensus by every network participant or fully decentralized markets in order to reach compliance then great.  If financial institutions want to use the Bitshares platform then great.  Just bear in mind that if the people decide to use Bitshares, the existing financial institutions will be dust and the new financial institutions will rise from the ranks of the people using Bitshares in short order.

The priority now should not be marketing or price or market cap.  It's getting the product right for the billions of ordinary people who are about to start demanding something new.

It's also probably worth waiting until we understand the impact of the next big releases.....