Author Topic: Bitshares price discussion  (Read 887034 times)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Just release it, ever, thats all we ask. :P
No repeats of last november.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
Wow, everything on btc38 getting absolutely hammered right now.

I guess thats why BTS down a bunch.

.0365, the 50% fib retracement line, got broken in this selloff.  .618 retracement line is at .0320. 
Its sad that BTS continues to get no support.  I guess no one trust it at all and they just think the 2.0 claims are hot air/vaporware.  We really need 2.0 to release ,and be good.

no pressure guys, but can you please make 2.0 perfect? :)

Offline yellowecho

Selling alts like crazy to buy BTS at these prices  8)
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Wow, everything on btc38 getting absolutely hammered right now.

I guess thats why BTS down a bunch.

.0365, the 50% fib retracement line, got broken in this selloff.  .618 retracement line is at .0320. 
Its sad that BTS continues to get no support.  I guess no one trust it at all and they just think the 2.0 claims are hot air/vaporware.  We really need 2.0 to release ,and be good.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
It's embarrassing to you that your friends aren't in crypto??  Are you embarrassed that they havn't lost a bunch of money buying pretty much any crypto coin out there?  Crypto has been in a massive bear market over the last year and most people are sitting on huge losses... I don't think your friends are the ones you need to be embarrassed about...

it's not that crypto has been an amazing speculation in the last year (although in the last 2 years it has been), it's that the tech is potentially the most important and positively disruptive in the last couple decades and at least ought to be experimented with.

then again, maybe my original comment was a little harsh...i understand that crypto is still very new and scary to new entrants...i didn't mean to minimize that fact. i just personally love what crypto has to offer and get exacerbated when people refuse to even listen.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 07:24:59 pm by cylonmaker2053 »

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
looking forward to those whales hopping on board

how many of your friends are not yet into crypto, but you cannot tell them to get a wallet yet?

Lets recap - when the bts price falls you want to be long bitUSD, those who are short bitUSD need to margin up or cover at a loss.  If the BTS prices rises (say for example due to fantastic news), then bitUSD shorts laugh until bitUSD longs holding worthless bit-paper get pissed and dump their bitUSD on the market.  And if there are no buyers of bitUSD, then the shorters lose their positions one by one.  and since I like partying instead of refreshing coinmarketcap, I'm not going to be the short who is not insured by the bond market who has to buy BTS to collateralize his short position because surprise, surprise, the BTS price is rising... silly shorter, you should have bought MOONSWAN INSURANCE (bond market dig?)

this shit is simple, elegant, and unobtrusive in my life.  thats my plan.. what are you going to use BitShares for?

too many of my friends don't own any crypto, which is embarrassing to me, but i guess people are exactly programmed to jump onboard new concepts from the start.

what am i going to do with my BTS? i'm using them to create bitUSD and i hope to make a business selling Bitshares assets to the masses.

It's embarrassing to you that your friends aren't in crypto??  Are you embarrassed that they havn't lost a bunch of money buying pretty much any crypto coin out there?  Crypto has been in a massive bear market over the last year and most people are sitting on huge losses... I don't think your friends are the ones you need to be embarrassed about...

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile

how many of your friends are not yet into crypto, but you cannot tell them to get a wallet yet?

Lets recap - when the bts price falls you want to be long bitUSD, those who are short bitUSD need to margin up or cover at a loss.  If the BTS prices rises (say for example due to fantastic news), then bitUSD shorts laugh until bitUSD longs holding worthless bit-paper get pissed and dump their bitUSD on the market.  And if there are no buyers of bitUSD, then the shorters lose their positions one by one.  and since I like partying instead of refreshing coinmarketcap, I'm not going to be the short who is not insured by the bond market who has to buy BTS to collateralize his short position because surprise, surprise, the BTS price is rising... silly shorter, you should have bought MOONSWAN INSURANCE (bond market dig?)

this shit is simple, elegant, and unobtrusive in my life.  thats my plan.. what are you going to use BitShares for?

too many of my friends don't own any crypto, which is embarrassing to me, but i guess people are exactly programmed to jump onboard new concepts from the start.

what am i going to do with my BTS? i'm using them to create bitUSD and i hope to make a business selling Bitshares assets to the masses.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Lets recap - when the bts price falls you want to be long bitUSD, those who are short bitUSD need to margin up or cover at a loss.  If the BTS prices rises (say for example due to fantastic news), then bitUSD shorts laugh until bitUSD longs holding worthless bit-paper get pissed and dump their bitUSD on the market.  And if there are no buyers of bitUSD, then the shorters lose their positions one by one. 

The shorters "lose their positions" by buying the bitUSD to cover the short, ending up with more BTS than they started, and BTS has increased in price?  How is that bad?  Thats exactly what they hoped would happen in the first place.

I don't understand what you are getting at. 

Tuck Fheman

moonswan

too sleepy to add any bts related stuff on it, so imagine all the cool stuff i could have done.

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
i wouldn't be so callous about this.

Dude, I'm joking...You wouldn't be stupid enough to short the bitUSD to yourself then loan it out.  The dude who shorted the bitUSD to you (and did not purchase the black swan protection for shorts AKA moonswan protection) (BTS price rises suddenly) is going to be in for a surprise when the next whale climbs aboard.

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
The Bond market allows people to "park" BitUSD at interest in a CD.

so this is essentially segmenting the current bitUSD market into the currency proxy (bitUSD) and then the interest-bearing asset (the future bond)? any blueprints available for how the bond market might operate? would it start with a few standardized options, like 30-day, 90-day, and 1-year bonds?

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
don't worry man, I'll pay you 4% interest annually on your crappy bitUSD at today's prices for three years and then sell that worthless bitFIAT on the DEX (to purchase more BTS, rinse, repeat) , then buy it back on the open market 3 years later when it is worthless, and give you back your chump change. It's more of a guaranteed short (that can't get called in due to low collateral).  You would have to deal with any arbitration at the feed price in a liquidation sale. Sucker....

The bond market is black swan protection for the shorter like me.  The rest of the shorters will think they made money the day BTS moons, but will be in for a surprise when they open their wallets (short position liquidated)

chop chop Danny Boy

i wouldn't be so callous about this. i've invested quite a bit in BTS and intended to be long term on the short side of bitassets to help create the products that'd end up driving BTS value through the roof. what we're losing here is the simple reason for why non-crypto people might decide to park potentially billions into our system. attracting more people like us who are already crypto believers isn't the big value proposition; it's getting the rest of society to take the plunge.

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
don't worry man, I'll pay you 4% interest annually on your crappy bitUSD at today's prices for three years and then sell that worthless bitFIAT on the DEX (to purchase more BTS, rinse, repeat) , then buy it back on the open market 3 years later when it is worthless, and give you back your chump change. It's more of a guaranteed long term short (that can't get called in due to low collateral), so I can party for a year straight without ever feeling the itch to check the share price.  You would have to deal with any arbitration at the feed price in a liquidation sale. Sucker....

The bond market is black swan protection for the shorter like me.  The rest of the shorters will think they made money the day BTS moons, but will be in for a surprise when they open their wallets (short position liquidated)

chop chop Danny Boy

« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 05:22:51 pm by Erlich Bachman »
You own the network, but who pays for development?

Offline bytemaster

The Bond market allows people to "park" BitUSD at interest in a CD.   

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
but you'd do it to park funds into crypto and earn a way above average interest rate on your savings.

AFAIK this won't be true anymore in BTS 2.0

ok this point needs some serious clarification bc i've been touting the hell out of bitUSD as being a way to earn a way above banking interest rate on savings. getting rid of interest destroys one of the biggest reasons to park savings in bitassets.