Author Topic: Bitshares price discussion  (Read 887266 times)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Has anyone stopped to think that maybe we are just in a bottoming process that started in May? Most bottoms are not V bottoms.  Most are some sort of W shape.  A lot of people are blaming the devs or fundamentals, when it could just be a normal market trading pattern that we are seeing.

Another traders saying, "Bottoms are processes, not points"

The move from .0198 to .0527 CNY (end of april through may 28) has all the characteristics of the start of a bull market.  Volume was high, bullish patterns formed and then resolved themselves, price rose quickly after overcoming breakout points, etc.  It happened in three visibly distinct parts just like an elliot wave impulse should, with the middle part being the largest, fitting the expected pattern.

That wave 1 in elliot wave terms is very clear.  It doesnt look like a corrective wave in a continued downtrend, it looks like a major bottom. 

Everything from the point where we hit .0527 CNY on May 28 has been a correction.  (Even when we went briefly higher, to .0532, in CNY terms, though it was not higher in satoshi terms - that barely higher high was the top of wave B of the correction).  I suck at counting corrective patterns.  They are way too complicated. 

This correction, wave 2, has dragged out a long time.  It looked for a while like the lows would be around .036 (50% retracement of the move up), hit a couple times, and then we would go up again.  The pullback was all on lower volume than the rise.  Sadly, when .036 broke yesterday we just had an all out crash down to .028.    It still looks like a wave 2 correction, its just a deep correction now, instead of a moderate one.  It could indeed go down for a W bottom at .02 and have this all still be correct (wave 2 can retrace up to 100% of wave 1, but not more). 

Yeah, its a process.  I had hoped it would be a nicer process than this because that first move up was really strong, and we had news events coming.  But newmine and all the other haters have managed to make everyone feel shitty about that news and treat it like a negative.  (BTS 2.0 news buried under fears about what cryptonomex means for BTS, announcements of customers adopting bitshares turned into threads about how our new customers are scammers, etc). 

This community is very long suffering.  I really hope we succeed in the end, because people have poured their hearts into the project, and the ideas are amazing.  We just need the devs to finally release a good product that the community can run with.

TL;DR version: I also agree with you.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
Has anyone stopped to think that maybe we are just in a bottoming process that started in May? Most bottoms are not V bottoms.  Most are some sort of W shape.  A lot of people are blaming the devs or fundamentals, when it could just be a normal market trading pattern that we are seeing.

yes i agree with you

Offline ag

• View Profile
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=813191.880

What's the deal with all these claims?

Definitely doesn't make bitshares look good if he's a scam artist. No idea but someone should address those comments as new investors are looking at Bitshares as well as Banx

he is a scam artist. but to give BanxCapital credit, they did purchase a crypto-exchange that they rebranded and is now hosted at banx.io. possibly the one productive thing they have done with investor funds... possibly. So I suppose you can't consider BanxCapital 100% ponzi scheme since at least a small fraction of their investor's money is NOT going toward dividend payments or public relations. And they say they are going to integrate their exchange with BitShares 2.0 which has the potential to bring over some users.

And I also don't think Banx has anything to do with the bitshares sell off.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Offline Ander

• View Profile
would you say that Bitshares is still a fully open source project?

Newmine certainly won't say that, or anything positive about Bitshares.  He will come up with every possible thing he can think of to try to get you to sell BTS.

what say you, @Ander?

I dont think its any more or less centralized than its always been.  Bitshares has never been in a state where it could survive losing its dev team.  It has always been dependent on Dan and the various people he has hired and recruited to work on the project, because its still just a beta product, and we need something more viable to be able to actually take off among more than the type of tech enthusiasts like us that we have here, who are willing to wade through client issues in order to trade assets. 

In the future, a larger, better bitshares will hopefully be more decentralized, with many independent entities using it in various ways, rather than a community sitting around waiting on a dev team to finish the product so they can get something useable that they can actually promote.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 11:05:02 pm by Ander »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile

Newmine certainly won't say that, or anything positive about Bitshares.  He will come up with every possible thing he can think of to try to get you to sell BTS.

what say you, @Ander?

Offline Ander

• View Profile

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile

Definitely doesn't make bitshares look good if he's a scam artist. No idea but someone should address those comments as new investors are looking at Bitshares as well as Banx

Well, well, well.

By the way, this price drop has nothing to do with this. It has to do with a shit client and that Cryptonomex has taken control and centralizing the project and the code. A majority and perhaps all investirs are crytocurrency fans first and decentralization was a major factor in allof them buying BTC and then stumbling across bitshares. And bitshares isnt anywhere near the decentralized priject it started out as. multiple left turns have taken bitshares in a near opposite direction from initial white paper and AGS funding.

would you say that Bitshares is still a fully open source project? The dev group has organized into CNX, but at any point we could have a different set of devs fork the project a diff direction that the community could adopt, right? i'm completely fine with the devs organizing themselves however they think optimizes their efforts, so long as the project is still open source and shareholders hold ultimate control (even though i realize the current devs are likely majority shareholders in the aggregate).

Offline NewMine

• View Profile

Well, well, well.

By the way, this price drop has nothing to do with this. It has to do with a shit client and that Cryptonomex has taken control and centralizing the project and the code. A majority and perhaps all investirs are crytocurrency fans first and decentralization was a major factor in allof them buying BTC and then stumbling across bitshares. And bitshares isnt anywhere near the decentralized priject it started out as. multiple left turns have taken bitshares in a near opposite direction from initial white paper and AGS funding.

Offline Blazin8888

Offline EstefanTT

Damn ... I just woke up  :-[

I miss probably the last oportunity to get some more bts very cheap.
I was keeping an eye on the Bitshares price to be ready and ...

... I had to sleep, so silly.

@EstefanTT, price is still way down over the last 24 hours, so we still have some great buying opportunities :)

i'm actually trading some Dash for BTS right now, and will prob make another BTC-->BTS order later today...just want to see where this price is heading as the trading day gets started.

It went up to .00001904 but felt back just after and this time ... I wasn't asleep !!!!  :D
Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
Not sure what u guys are seeing as we keep legging lower.  Recently there were a lot of shorts covered on the dex for bitcny.  Whoever did this seems to have sold all their freed up collateral plus everything else they owned.  It looks like they used btc38 to do the dumping. It looks like 1 person or a small group colluded to set off a big slide while the order book was extra thin.  We just lost a whale. Hopefully it was someone in china who maybe had racked up big losses in the Chinese stock market and just needed cash flow to meet a margin call....
I was thinking the same thing. Or maybe the chinese gov't efforts to prop up their stock market have eliminated (temporarily) what would otherwise have been a flow of capital from the overvalued market into other areas, including crypto and BTS and all that money is just waiting for the trade holds to be lifted. (probably wishfull thinking)

i think the only thing we'll ever really know is that the path to widespread crypto adoption will be a bumpy one! we're essentially investors in high-risk, extremely innovative distributed start-ups, so expect our risk (and reward) profiles to be comparable.

Offline lafona

• View Profile
  • BitShares: lafona
Not sure what u guys are seeing as we keep legging lower.  Recently there were a lot of shorts covered on the dex for bitcny.  Whoever did this seems to have sold all their freed up collateral plus everything else they owned.  It looks like they used btc38 to do the dumping. It looks like 1 person or a small group colluded to set off a big slide while the order book was extra thin.  We just lost a whale. Hopefully it was someone in china who maybe had racked up big losses in the Chinese stock market and just needed cash flow to meet a margin call....
I was thinking the same thing. Or maybe the chinese gov't efforts to prop up their stock market have eliminated (temporarily) what would otherwise have been a flow of capital from the overvalued market into other areas, including crypto and BTS and all that money is just waiting for the trade holds to be lifted. (probably wishfull thinking)
BTS Witnesses: delegate-1.lafona     Witness Thread: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,21569.msg280911/topicseen.html#msg280911
MUSE Witness: lafona

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile

I was keeping an eye on the Bitshares price to be ready and ...

@EstefanTT, price is still way down over the last 24 hours, so we still have some great buying opportunities :)

i'm actually trading some Dash for BTS right now, and will prob make another BTC-->BTS order later today...just want to see where this price is heading as the trading day gets started.

Offline EstefanTT

I was keeping an eye on the bitshares price to be ready and ...

« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 03:57:42 pm by EstefanTT »
Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)