Author Topic: Hangout Attendance (Brownie PTS)  (Read 11292 times)

Offline JoeyD

**notice**
Please have your mumble name the same as your wallet name. If you do not, I cannot ensure delivery of your brownies.

This is going to be a mess fuzzy. The registered names are bound to the certificates on the mumble server. Are you now saying we need to reregister all people, plus you can't easily share a name across devices. Plus I like my mumble name, the long bts-names are not nice.

Offline fuzzy

**notice**
Please have your mumble name the same as your wallet name. If you do not, I cannot ensure delivery of your brownies.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline JoeyD

So it would be a similiar approach to what radio shows do. Sort of like a word of the day. Would a text to speech algo be able to manipulate this? Maybe a category of the day, (red, yellow, green) colors. It would have to be manually checked as there would be possibilities for different answers.
Also is it too late to ask for Brownie points for the previous mumble. I was in the chat log, but it looks like I got left out. Thanks

Color of the day! I like this approach!  +5%
Very easy and effective.

I'm not familiar with how color categories or color of the day is used on radio, could someone explain that mechanic so I can figure out if and how I would implement that in mumble.

Offline emailtooaj

So it would be a similiar approach to what radio shows do. Sort of like a word of the day. Would a text to speech algo be able to manipulate this? Maybe a category of the day, (red, yellow, green) colors. It would have to be manually checked as there would be possibilities for different answers.
Also is it too late to ask for Brownie points for the previous mumble. I was in the chat log, but it looks like I got left out. Thanks

Color of the day! I like this approach!  +5%
Very easy and effective.
Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ

Offline phillyguy

BTS: turkeyleg

I was there and asked a question about reputation systems, which Bytemaster answered.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Do you need bts account name? Mine is different from my forum /mumble handle.

Bts Id: mattjohnson

Offline GChicken

• View Profile
Thanks Fuzzy, this was my first hangout and I was unaware that by listening to the recording a few days later that i was missing out on 2+ hours of community discussions!!!.
will definitely be attending every chance i get from now on, despite being very tired today (12am - 3am) for me but well worth it :)

BTS: btsxking

Offline phillyguy

Thanks for including me on the list Fuzzy. Good hangout.

BTS: turkeyleg.

I don't see any bpts in my wallet, also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline lafona

• View Profile
  • BitShares: lafona
BTS Witnesses: delegate-1.lafona     Witness Thread: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,21569.msg280911/topicseen.html#msg280911
MUSE Witness: lafona

Offline JoeyD

Hmm, I don't think checking the forums for mumble-hangouts attendees is working, seems I need to start working on an attendee plus captcha bot for mumble asap. (And help you with a linux setup for your wallet Fuz, have you checked my tutorial I wrote especially for you?)

One example is that I'm pretty sure I was there at the previous hangout, considering how my recording was used for the soundcloud upload.

So for the attendee-brownie-bot, what model should I go for? Ask a random question from a list of questions to each person present individually and compile a list of all correct answering attendees within a timelimit? Or one I kinda like more, let Fuz/Bytemaster ask to repeat some random fact mentioned during the hangout and let people send the answer through private-messaging to Fuz/brownie-bot and distribute the brownies only to people who gave the right answer. Maybe a combination of those 2, so you can rule out sock-puppet accounts plus only reward people who actually listened to or participated in the hangout.

Offline fuzzy

thanks @fuzzy, this was my first hangout and just hearing the convos directly gave me a lot more faith in the project. looking forward to future meetings!

The participation from community members is integral.  Glad you showed up.  Sxis. I know you were there.  Thanks for reminding me :)

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
thanks @fuzzy, this was my first hangout and just hearing the convos directly gave me a lot more faith in the project. looking forward to future meetings!

Offline Buck Fankers

• Under New Management
    • View Profile
    • TuckFheman.com
  • BitShares: buckfankers
tuckfheman-com instead of tuckfheman. thanks

Offline topcandle

you missed me.  sxis.  I left a little bit before the end but attended most of it. 

bts: frozenfan

Offline fuzzy

Community Mumble Attendance for 17JUL15:  (please feel free to let me know if I have missed you or made a mistake)

bitscape
pheonike
tuckfheman
onceuponatime
fox
mrjeans
favdesu
CryptoPrometheus
jakub
bitacer
lafona
pheonike
xeroc
datasecuritynode
JWF
hodor
itsme
pollux
hadrian
spartako
lil_jay890
ihashfury
werneo
Chris4210
roadscape
michaelcat
bytemaster
Phillyguy
Leonidas13
cylonmaker2053
Xeldal
jcalfee
ccedk
brekyrself
abit
arhag
edilliam
fuzzy
GChicken
JoeyD
Kencode
tbonenyc
thom
sxis
Lafona
Turkeyleg
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 07:53:38 am by fuzzy »