Author Topic: Brownie distribution  (Read 2074 times)

Offline emailtooaj

Re: Brownie distribution
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2015, 04:44:36 pm »
Let me  throw this idea out there...
What if a Beyond Bitcoin "token" was issued instead and then set up a an exchange for BBT:BROWNIE.PTS?
Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2015, 04:55:06 pm »
Let me  throw this idea out there...
What if a Beyond Bitcoin "token" was issued instead and then set up a an exchange for BBT:BROWNIE.PTS?

Please don't...Let's not make things more  complicated...

I think the "magic" word should work easily. In the end of the day I think that only people who do care will listen and participate and is a good measure to track participation. When LTB announced the "magic" word thing I participated and listened for a week or so...Then when I couldn't bother to listen anymore I just stopped listening..I expect same thing to happen here if we implement this..People who want to listen will listen.People who don't wont to listen will not care about Brownies anyway..

Sure some people may have multiple accounts and find ways to get more BPTS than entitled but that is not a major problem. People who do participate and not receiving is a bigger problem..
Anyway just my thoughts..

Offline EstefanTT

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2015, 09:46:24 pm »
100 brownies X 5 bts x 4 hangouts at current market cap is more than 10$ a month just to enter 4 x a magic word. It may no feel like it's a lot but there is in this world people living with few money and having internet access.

You don't even have to listen the show if you do it with some friends, you can share the magic word.

There are a lot of people out there clicking on banners, making surveys, watching advertisements to win some satoshis. Much less than what they could have by entering a magic word in some web page.

IMHO it's a bit risky. Nothing will happen tomorrow or in two weeks but it can be in a couple of months.
Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline JA

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2015, 08:01:53 pm »
So it seems like we didn't come to a conclusion in this thread.

Can anyone please clarify if brownies will still be distributed to hangout participants in the future or nah?
@bytemaster
@stan
@fuzzy

Offline fuzzy

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2015, 08:12:02 pm »
So can BM or Fuzzy do something like this? During their mumble at some point they mention a "magic" word which forums members can then fill somewhere to prove participation? This will be a much fairer distribution I think..

+5%

I've seen fuzzy discussing something very similar over the past few weeks on slack. It shouldn't be long before we have a better solution in place.

Sounds good? or is someone alse already working on it?

+5%

I'm personally not a fan of the magic word.  I would far prefer people to be able to enter in a captcha at the end of listening to a hangout, coupled with the logging of an IP address to (help) ensure the system is not gamed...and then give something like 25 brownies to those who listen to hangouts and prove they are real people.  Or we can let them share our hangouts on social media channels after listening instead...and get rewarded that way. 

It is very important we find ways for EVERYONE to earn brownies.  Not just those who can attend.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline JA

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2015, 08:16:46 pm »
So can BM or Fuzzy do something like this? During their mumble at some point they mention a "magic" word which forums members can then fill somewhere to prove participation? This will be a much fairer distribution I think..

+5%

I've seen fuzzy discussing something very similar over the past few weeks on slack. It shouldn't be long before we have a better solution in place.

+5%

I'm personally not a fan of the magic word.  I would far prefer people to be able to enter in a captcha at the end of listening to a hangout, coupled with the logging of an IP address to (help) ensure the system is not gamed...and then give something like 25 brownies to those who listen to hangouts and prove they are real people.  Or we can let them share our hangouts on social media channels after listening instead...and get rewarded that way. 

It is very important we find ways for EVERYONE to earn brownies.  Not just those who can attend.
logging the ip wouldnt help much.
you could just use tor or a vpn.
the sharing thing is also very easy to abuse with spam accounts.

Offline fuzzy

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2015, 06:05:29 am »

+5%

+5%

logging the ip wouldnt help much.
you could just use tor or a vpn.
the sharing thing is also very easy to abuse with spam accounts.

I'm not entirely sure it matters if people can scam as long as it requires enough work to keep it from undermining everything.  People can still do the same thing during mumble hangouts.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline theredpill

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2015, 04:18:07 pm »
The only thing that I found not fair with the Brownie distribution is mumble attendance. But happens for the people that can not attend any mumble on Friday because the time is not good? I for once never attend any mumble but I always listen to it later on and I am always in the forums. Can we find a solution for people like me? That they can prove somehow that they listened to the mumble?

I remember in LTB that in order to prove participation, on their interviews at some point there was a "magic" word mentioned. they could fill then that "magic" word and they proved that way that they indeed listened..

Great idea, I would vote for this.

100 brownies X 5 bts x 4 hangouts at current market cap is more than 10$ a month just to enter 4 x a magic word. It may no feel like it's a lot but there is in this world people living with few money and having internet access.

You don't even have to listen the show if you do it with some friends, you can share the magic word.

There are a lot of people out there clicking on banners, making surveys, watching advertisements to win some satoshis. Much less than what they could have by entering a magic word in some web page.

IMHO it's a bit risky. Nothing will happen tomorrow or in two weeks but it can be in a couple of months.

They are already doing this for a long time and the LTB coin seems to have value, is this happening with them?