Author Topic: ETA on 2.0?  (Read 10164 times)

Offline cryptoMPA

• View Profile
I look forward to 2.0 a lot.

I've heard September being tossed around so I'm counting on early 2016. Most of the time software takes longer to complete than expected.

Offline MJK

• View Profile

Is there any chance of some screenshots or wire frames of how th web interface will look?
Is it still planned to be modular so beginner and advanced users can have a different look and fel?

Thx
It's old layout I think but it still looks like this

Thanks clayop.
Do you know if the devs are still planning to have the interface be modular so beginner and advanced users can have a different look?

I think they are planning web-based wallet, which embraces advanced and basic users and light wallet, which has basic functionalities for beginners.

Thank you. Thats good news for someone who is not a trader. I need to use something that easy to navigate and intuitive.

Offline MJK

• View Profile
In general take any estimate a dev tells you in software world and multiply it by 2

But thats the nature of the beast. Theres always bugs and issues that come up and this isnt unique to bitshares. Maidsafe and Ethereum are prime examples.

However, i do think we should do a better job of setting expectations with estimated dates. If you set the expectation something will be out this week and dont deliver, you loose more  and more credibility. Better to have not said anything at all.

I wish had a targeted go-live date for the users, the market and partners to look towards.

All that said, its easy to suggest from the sidelines. We know the devs are working hard creating something great. We're all a little eager i guess.

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop

Is there any chance of some screenshots or wire frames of how th web interface will look?
Is it still planned to be modular so beginner and advanced users can have a different look and fel?

Thx

Thanks clayop.
Do you know if the devs are still planning to have the interface be modular so beginner and advanced users can have a different look?

I think they are planning web-based wallet, which embraces advanced and basic users and light wallet, which has basic functionalities for beginners.
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
In general take any estimate a dev tells you in software world and multiply it by 2
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

clout

I built the July 20 test net on my computer. I don't think they are as close to a public test net as they say.

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
I hope i am wrong,but no.
BTS 2.0 's progress still shitty,i know they updata everyday,so what,the public testnet still can't come out,can not suprise the market.
the price still shitty,major people invest in crypto still don't trust bts.
that is all because of dev's hotair and empty promise!!
do you remember last year?dev told everyone BIG THING IS COMING.
at the end,nothing happen,am i wrong about this?

harsh, but everyone has the right to an opinion and we wouldn't be a strong community if we only had cheerleaders. have you sold all your BTS, or still keeping some to hedge in case you're wrong? i have been buying with these major dips down, but have slowed my purchases until i see solid progress with 2.0. skepticism is crucial for to be a successful speculator long term.

Offline MJK

• View Profile

Thx

Thanks clayop.

Offline Krills

• View Profile
BTW
I guess stan's "amazing summer" also some bullshit like before .
Summer is about to end,and bts 2.0 can't even deliver a public testnet.what a joke.

Offline Krills

• View Profile
I hope i am wrong,but no.
BTS 2.0 's progress still shitty,i know they updata everyday,so what,the public testnet still can't come out,can not suprise the market.
the price still shitty,major people invest in crypto still don't trust bts.
that is all because of dev's hotair and empty promise!!
do you remember last year?dev told everyone BIG THING IS COMING.
at the end,nothing happen,am i wrong about this?

Offline bulletproof

Bitshares will out of top 10 very soon.
even BANX was better than BTS.
2.0?just some BS without real thing.
they want to use  2.0 to pump BTS,then,whats the result?nothing happen and going down all the time.
hahahahahha.
sb bm

So why not do something more constructive and switch, it's easy now banx.io
Everything is awesome, or if it isn't it ought to be.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

they want to use  2.0 to pump BTS,then,whats the result?nothing happen and going down all the time.
hahahahahha.
sb bm

Tell Wuyanren I said hi.

Im guessing krills doesn't have the ability to read github... There are 5 or 6 code updates per day, sometimes more.  I think the test net is very close to being released.

The problem with people like krills is that they are generally small investors who don't have much money to lose and don't know risk management. They feel the pain of every dollar lost in bts market cap and need to place the blame on someone (usually the devs).  There is a reason why the best hedge funds and traders don't accept investmens of less than 500k... It's because the small investor can't stomach losses and needs constant updates on positions and return. This takes the focus away from the managers ability to do his job and make steady returns for his investors.  This is very similar to what has happened in bts.

Offline phillyguy

hahahahahha.
sb bm

Tell Wuyanren I said hi.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop

Thx

Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline Krills

• View Profile
hahahahahha.
sb bm