Author Topic: Qora and Ciyam: Brainstorming Possible Symbiotic Relationships  (Read 8882 times)

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
I think this is a great idea... The more the different projects start collaborating, the easier it will be to knock out the incumbent big corporations. 

^^^^  THIS!!!  EXACTLY THIS!!! ^^^^

+5% QORA would be a nice starter

Tuck Fheman

I think this is a great idea... The more the different projects start collaborating, the easier it will be to knock out the incumbent big corporations.  Divided we are to weak and unfocused to do much.

+5%

I suspect a decentralized reddit-like offering is not too far off. From what I've learned recently, everything is already in place and simply setting up a layout is about all it would take.

Offline emailtooaj

I think this is a great idea... The more the different projects start collaborating, the easier it will be to knock out the incumbent big corporations. 

^^^^  THIS!!!  EXACTLY THIS!!! ^^^^
Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
Qora is currently focused on decentralized blogging, web, and social networking, and on smart contracts (AT).  Bitshares is working on being the primary decentralized exchange for all crypto.

Of course, Bitshares does have future feature plans that overlap with what Qora is doing, but this isnt the primary current focus.

This is kind of what I was thinking because if we can garner the support of their community and devs we can perhaps ask them to do a work proposal to integrate those functionalities that we feel will be best connected with bitshares.  Having devs from the chains listed on our exchange working on the adding to bitshares will make it like a supernet, but better for multiple reasons :)

Yes.

If they are open to using the bts blockchain it would save both of us from having to duplicate work.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fuzzy

Qora is currently focused on decentralized blogging, web, and social networking, and on smart contracts (AT).  Bitshares is working on being the primary decentralized exchange for all crypto.

Of course, Bitshares does have future feature plans that overlap with what Qora is doing, but this isnt the primary current focus.

This is kind of what I was thinking because if we can garner the support of their community and devs we can perhaps ask them to do a work proposal to integrate those functionalities that we feel will be best connected with bitshares.  Having devs from the chains listed on our exchange working on the adding to bitshares will make it like a supernet, but better for multiple reasons :)
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
At a very simple level, if we can enable Qora trading in the Bitshares Exchange Network, then each coin would get a benefit:

* Qora would solve the problem it has had for many months that it has no reliable exchange.  Its traded on bter (lol) and poloniex, and both of them periodically have problems and disable trading/withdrawals/deposits.  Sometimes for months.  So the Qora community, though small, is actively looking for the service Bitshares provides.

* Bitshares would gain more customers, which is more transactions on the Bitshares network, and possibly the support of another crypto community.

Both coins are working on different things right now, which arent really in competition with each other.  Qora is currently focused on decentralized blogging, web, and social networking, and on smart contracts (AT).  Bitshares is working on being the primary decentralized exchange for all crypto.

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
I think this is a great idea... The more the different projects start collaborating, the easier it will be to knock out the incumbent big corporations.  Divided we are to weak and unfocused to do much.

Offline fuzzy

I am currently preparing for a bonus hangout with Qora and CIYAM.  These bonus hangouts are meant to help us bring in more chains that are attempting to offer real value and innovation in ways that might align well with our own favorite project. 

I'd like to open this subject up for the community to give their opinions on what mutual benefits might be gained from both sides. 

So please give your opinions so I can take them I to account as I work and plan behind the scenes :)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 09:11:32 pm by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D