Author Topic: PSA: This is your weekly reminder to withdraw all coins from bter  (Read 8642 times)

Offline ESB

• View Profile
I just tried to transfer 25k bts from bter yesterday but nothing has shown yet in my account. What should be the next step I take.  Thanks

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hadrian
Any BTS 'lost' on any exchange (be it through a hack, fractional reserves or whatever) doesn't only hurt the depositor.
Imagine if loads of BTS went 'missing'... Oh deary me, what a catastrophe!

In the case of a theft, arguments would ensue over rollbacks and all that shit. Very bad problems. Much debate. Much harm.
If it becomes general knowledge that a large percentage of a cryptocurrency is in the hands of 'bad guys', it really puts people off.
Very bad P.R. problems follow. People don't want to get involved with something if they know 'baddies' own 10% of the market cap, do they?

We don't want to have to deal with something like this... but that's obvious.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
I have several millions QORA over there but I just saw that I lose 1% withdrawing.
Thats part of the scam.

When you send anything to them you get 1% bonus.  When you withdraw you lose 1%.  The purpose is to make you feel like you want to keep coins there and not withdraw them.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 05:06:37 pm by Ander »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Offline openledger

• Board Moderator
  • Blockchain powered, people driven
    • View Profile
    • OpenLedger.info - Blockchain Solutions, Services and Products for Businesses
  • BitShares: ccedkbts
I have several millions QORA over there but I just saw that I lose 1% withdrawing.

Is it worthy to move them in Poloniex or in a wallet and lose the % ? I plan on keeping them for a while. Their project seem back on tracks.

What is 1% against loosing 100%. Do you know that we offer Qora on CCEDK, was just wondering since you suggested to move them to Polo and not CCEDK. We could use all the support to make Qora a strong solid currency mainly traded on CCEDK, right now centralized but pretty you will be able to do all your trading inside your wallet, and we are the only one making Qora known to the rest of the world, so why not.
I have some qora, I'll move it from poloniex to ccedk today ronny....

+5%
OpenLedger blockchain in services and solutions - https://openledger.info
BitShares explorer: https://bitsharescan.com
BitShares commitee member since 2015

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo

Is it worthy to move them in Poloniex or in a wallet and lose the % ? I plan on keeping them for a while. Their project seem back on tracks.

What is 1% against loosing 100%. Do you know that we offer Qora on CCEDK, was just wondering since you suggested to move them to Polo and not CCEDK. We could use all the support to make Qora a strong solid currency mainly traded on CCEDK, right now centralized but pretty you will be able to do all your trading inside your wallet, and we are the only one making Qora known to the rest of the world, so why not.
I have some qora, I'll move it from poloniex to ccedk today ronny....

Offline openledger

• Board Moderator
  • Blockchain powered, people driven
    • View Profile
    • OpenLedger.info - Blockchain Solutions, Services and Products for Businesses
  • BitShares: ccedkbts

What is 1% against loosing 100%. Do you know that we offer Qora on CCEDK, was just wondering since you suggested to move them to Polo and not CCEDK. We could use all the support to make Qora a strong solid currency mainly traded on CCEDK, right now centralized but pretty soon will be able to do all your trading inside your wallet, and we are the only one making Qora known to the rest of the world, so why not.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 06:07:30 am by ccedk »
OpenLedger blockchain in services and solutions - https://openledger.info
BitShares explorer: https://bitsharescan.com
BitShares commitee member since 2015

Offline mint chocolate chip

I'd lose the 1% and put them in a private wallet. You were given 1% on whatever you deposited so it's a wash.

Also, bter just paid out another slice of BTC_B for those keeping score at home.

I didn't know that I had 1% on my deposit, I just used Bter once to buy QORA. It makes it less unpleasant to withdraw and pay the fee.
Thanks for the answers ;)
No 1% on btc deposits, just 1% on bts deposits.

Offline EstefanTT

I'd lose the 1% and put them in a private wallet. You were given 1% on whatever you deposited so it's a wash.

Also, bter just paid out another slice of BTC_B for those keeping score at home.

I didn't know that I had 1% on my deposit, I just used Bter once to buy QORA. It makes it less unpleasant to withdraw and pay the fee.
Thanks for the answers ;)
Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline sudo

• View Profile

Offline Riverhead

Offline EstefanTT

Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
If you havent yet, withdraw all coins from bter.  BTS withdrawal is currently enabled, so you should do this ASAP! 

At some point in the future if it is revealed that bter was running a fractional reserve in BTS and many other coins, and they don't have enough to let everyone withdraw, I will bump this thread and say I told you so.  Withdraw any coins you have there, not just BTS.

I hope none of our core community members get hurt by that!
the same to btc38.com, I told you all.

Offline sudo

• View Profile
I agree
left bts on  any  centralized exchange  too long is dangerous