Author Topic: Very disappointing BTS performance  (Read 13412 times)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
I think people need to stop freaking out over the price so much. Everything right now is basically pure speculation until BitShares 2.0 comes out. Is anyone really surprised that the price is so low when BitShares 2.0 hasn't actually be implemented or proven yet? The ideas are amazing but unless there is a product that works then there's no real reason it SHOULD be valued any higher.

If you look at any crypto 2.0 project you can see that they all take much longer than expected to implement in a good way. Ethereum is the best example of this besides BTS. They were the golden child of crypto 2.0 for a long time, at a time when BitShares was having all kinds of problems and criticisms, and in recent months Ethereum has started to experience many of those problems themselves. Nobody is immune to it. Such is the nature of this industry. We're all exploring new territory here. It's not gonna be a quick and easy process.

That being said, even if (and possibly when) some of the other crypto 2.0 projects start climbing in value more quickly than BTS does, I'm not going to be extremely worried. Yes, market cap is generally a good indicator of the success of a crypto project, but BTS is essentially different from ANY other project that's on the market right now. It is a totally new model for a decentralized business. In many ways it borrows features from centralized businesses, and in many ways it borrows decentralization features that were pioneered by Bitcoin. That's why I always like the DAC moniker. It might not be the best term to use for legal purposes, but in many ways it's a great descriptor of BTS. BTS offers financial products, and our growth is going to depend on having solid software that allows for WORKING financial products that provide UTILITy. If that mission is accomplished, people will use the products, and REAL, SUSTAINABLE, NON-SPECULATIVE growth will follow from there.
+5%
This is exactly what I think.

well said
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

jakub

I think people need to stop freaking out over the price so much. Everything right now is basically pure speculation until BitShares 2.0 comes out. Is anyone really surprised that the price is so low when BitShares 2.0 hasn't actually be implemented or proven yet? The ideas are amazing but unless there is a product that works then there's no real reason it SHOULD be valued any higher.

If you look at any crypto 2.0 project you can see that they all take much longer than expected to implement in a good way. Ethereum is the best example of this besides BTS. They were the golden child of crypto 2.0 for a long time, at a time when BitShares was having all kinds of problems and criticisms, and in recent months Ethereum has started to experience many of those problems themselves. Nobody is immune to it. Such is the nature of this industry. We're all exploring new territory here. It's not gonna be a quick and easy process.

That being said, even if (and possibly when) some of the other crypto 2.0 projects start climbing in value more quickly than BTS does, I'm not going to be extremely worried. Yes, market cap is generally a good indicator of the success of a crypto project, but BTS is essentially different from ANY other project that's on the market right now. It is a totally new model for a decentralized business. In many ways it borrows features from centralized businesses, and in many ways it borrows decentralization features that were pioneered by Bitcoin. That's why I always like the DAC moniker. It might not be the best term to use for legal purposes, but in many ways it's a great descriptor of BTS. BTS offers financial products, and our growth is going to depend on having solid software that allows for WORKING financial products that provide UTILITy. If that mission is accomplished, people will use the products, and REAL, SUSTAINABLE, NON-SPECULATIVE growth will follow from there.
+5%
This is exactly what I think.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
On more than one occasion I have read my own posts in a day or two and have had hard time getting all that I meant with it (only partly kidding)..

The OP on the other hand was quite clear and well explained (obviously not), but let me put in another way:

When the lead developer of the project wants the BTS price to go down* who am I to argue with him. And as I have no other means to short BTS I did the next best thing - sold (not now but within days of the brownie points announcement) and am waiting for the price to at least cut in half to buy back.

And while I do not see many other excellent opportunities (in crypto) @ Riverhead, I am mainly disappointed that the falling of the price is so slow... :)

I will leave the usual reactions by quite a few of you - "FUD- to everything that you do not like guys"., and will comment on the bond thing - the bond thing was/is not anything great in its current form, so do not cry over it. Ever since BM started talking about the bond market I could not think of a elegant and good way to do it. BM claimed he has figured it out as way back as last summer. I will repeat for a hundredth time - the current solution is nothing to jump in joy for. So in a way of 'speeding' things up the bond non-inclusion is a good thing, imho.

* Counting your few ( less then about 100) with any significant holdings even by the lowest standards) obedient followers when you can have a product that can bring thousands of new once. Product that is in virtual standstill for a good 9 mo.; is a clear signal to the market - this thing (BTS) is overpriced and we (I3, CNX, BM) either do not care about its price  or even want it to go lower...
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo

Tonyk is not a FUDer. He has contributed a lot over the years. His current posts are negative but they come from his true feelings; not a desire to spread FUD.

Once the bear market turns around and BTS starts to gain traction people's outlook will improve.

Hang in there, everyone. Each day brings us closer. Tonyk is a genius, not an FUDer. Anyone suggesting otherwise undervalues the depth of tonyk's passion for this project + his many contributions to our understanding of BitShares and of life on this planet. He's a little more honest than some of us.

Frankly, I don't see any reason to comment on krills; this poster has never written anything worth reading, let alone demanding of a response. By the way, "krill" is already plural; you don't need an 's'. Your English lesson for the day.
I would agree with you about tonyk, but for the fact that a) he's sold out b) he is so dismissive of everyone else's efforts, patience, alternative view of the situation. It's not FUD, it's just worthless ranting and beneath someone of his intelligence and contribution. If we could know that the technology we are building with Bitshares would usher in 10,000 years of peace, harmony and equilibrium for the human race, what would we sacrifice? Tonyk apparently has reached his limit, good for him. Let the rest of us push on.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

BM saying that 90% of the code is finished in early June has bothered me too for the past month, it definitely made it seem like 2.0 was closer to ready than it probably was, and then the Bond Market gets pushed back to 2.1 so it seemed that that last 10% was just reduced further. I have since discovered the ninety-ninety rule...
Ninety-ninety rule
In computer programming and software engineering, the ninety-ninety rule is a humorous aphorism that states:

The first 90 percent of the code accounts for the first 90 percent of the development time. The remaining 10 percent of the code accounts for the other 90 percent of the development time.

—Tom Cargill, Bell Labs

... as it turns out with the anticipation and cheap prices I've ended up with more BTS than I have ever had.

Nice.. 90 90  +5%
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline mint chocolate chip

BM saying that 90% of the code is finished in early June has bothered me too for the past month, it definitely made it seem like 2.0 was closer to ready than it probably was, and then the Bond Market gets pushed back to 2.1 so it seemed that that last 10% was just reduced further. I have since discovered the ninety-ninety rule...
Ninety-ninety rule
In computer programming and software engineering, the ninety-ninety rule is a humorous aphorism that states:

The first 90 percent of the code accounts for the first 90 percent of the development time. The remaining 10 percent of the code accounts for the other 90 percent of the development time.

—Tom Cargill, Bell Labs

... as it turns out with the anticipation and cheap prices I've ended up with more BTS than I have ever had.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Tonyk is not a FUDer. He has contributed a lot over the years. His current posts are negative but they come from his true feelings; not a desire to spread FUD.

Once the bear market turns around and BTS starts to gain traction people's outlook will improve.

Hang in there, everyone. Each day brings us closer. Tonyk is a genius, not an FUDer. Anyone suggesting otherwise undervalues the depth of tonyk's passion for this project + his many contributions to our understanding of BitShares and of life on this planet. He's a little more honest than some of us.

Frankly, I don't see any reason to comment on krills; this poster has never written anything worth reading, let alone demanding of a response. By the way, "krill" is already plural; you don't need an 's'. Your English lesson for the day.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 04:53:14 am by donkeypong »

Offline emailtooaj

@datasecuritynode very nice comparison [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ

Offline emailtooaj

look at the ui of 2.0.that is shit.i know the reason why bts kept falling.coz dev suck

FUD failed

Krills' statements are just plain worthless and baseless. He ( or she?) would complain that a round pipe isn't round enough! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Yes.. utility.. that's where it is at. At the end of the day, bitcoin is only king because you can actually use it to buy stuff.. while the rest are all limited to extremely small spaces. Major retailers are taking bitcoin.. and thats about it.

I want to remind everyone about what happened when iphone with apps came out and how Blackberry responded to it all when it happened. Blackberry couldn't even see how it would work.. how are carriers going to handle the bandwidth? All kinds of short sighted dismissive self interested thinking kept them from seeing the writing on the wall. I only bring this up because last week bytemaster used the rather apt comparison of bitshares 2.0 being like apple with apps platform.

The rest of crypto is in the same state.. they are the Blackberry who were cool and new and loved at one time.. but bitshares 2.0 is going to take it to a whole other level. Clearly the response thus far from most based on media has been to take a similar approach as blackberry.. dismiss, deny, distract.

No other crypto is going to have the same platform.. I agree.. it's a whole other beast.. consider however just how much PR this platform is going to be able to generate compared to others. Every month there is going to be new smart contracts, new exchanges, new companies all utilizing this platform.. the endless supply of news stories are going keep BTS front and center as the UTILITY to it all. I don't think I need to even get into the whole SmartCoin scape.

Hang your head low and bemoan only what you see at the end of your noise, or hold your head high and be able to see out to the horizon to the coming dawn... choice is yours what you want to look at. We all share our views in places like this in the hopes of having our world views validated and gain the connection we are really seeking from others.

"For like seeketh like, and taketh pleasure in the company of its kind."

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
look at the ui of 2.0.that is shit.i know the reason why bts kept falling.coz dev suck

FUD failed
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline Krills

• View Profile

Offline matador123

• View Profile

Offline Riverhead

Offline konelectric

I think you need a HUG.

I am  waist high in shit (somewhat brownie stuff) as it is. So, thanks but no.
Tweeter: Konelectric. Steemit: Konelectric. Youtube: Patrick Konshak. Success Council: Yourship. Mumble: Yourship or Konelectric.