Author Topic: Active (un)voting initiative  (Read 20218 times)

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

101 Update Update

More movement!

Now minebts2-3-4 have been voted in to the 101!

Minebts6 is literally just 120K away from overtaking btc38!

Trailing behind at 103 is verbaltech with mintebts5 at the 104 and kencode at the 106!

btc38 and dev.sidhujag are the only two deadwoods left in the 101.

dev.sidhujag still going strong in position 83.. down 23 spots in the last 24hrs and 54 spots in the last week!

Thank you to those who voted for our delegates!

I still urge you all to keep on voting so that those that should be in the 101 get in there and deadwoods are gone!

Wow.. exciting stuff! I feel like an announcer at the horse races. :)
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Tuck Fheman

Could this be an effort on the part of a few whales to destroy BitShares b/c those whales are shifting their investment into other projects and those projects would benefit if BitShares went away? Or perhaps the start of a hostile takeover designed to reduce the value of BitShares so much (the high stakes shareholders being the target) shares and thus power or influence over the BitShares ecosystem can be further consolidated?

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
What we are seeing here is that the marketcap is very low and distribution of shares highly concentrated in the hands of a very small group of people. It seems clear to me from watching these recent shifts that the shareholders causing this are Chinese shareholders. Actually the basis of that opinion come from watching trends since 1/1/2015.

Nevertheless, the only "problem" from a design standpoint is the human component, the tech is working perfectly as designed. If some idiot happens to acquire lots of BTS stake and decides to vote in ways that do not benefit the ecosystem  then swings like this are going to happen.

This current situation seems to blow the idea of the underlying game theory that says people will not vote in a way that harms the ecosystem and they will vote in favor of self interest. If those 2 things are different from each other then what? I think self interest will always win.

Could this be an effort on the part of a few whales to destroy BitShares b/c those whales are shifting their investment into other projects and those projects would benefit if BitShares went away? Or perhaps the start of a hostile takeover designed to reduce the value of BitShares so much (the high stakes shareholders being the target) shares and thus power or influence over the BitShares ecosystem can be further consolidated?

These are all possibilities that are totally separate from the mechanics of DPoS and completely in the realm of psychology and the human component which isn't always rational. As I've said many times before, the human element is political and potentially the Achilles heel of all crypto-currency projects.

One would hope that DPOS-HUB would make a difference via being a better, more accessible and centralized source of information about delegates / workers / witnesses, but I see little evidence that information about what delegates are doing was a factor in these shifts. There are other factors in play here that go beyond what this forum is aware of it would seem.

It's funny though most big holders I know in China are unable to open their damn wallet or afraid of missing their balance after voting .
And the bigger  voting power they have , the less they want to vote .

So if I have to guess , some guy used their long-forgotten wallet and used some fund , in the process accidentally voted with an old slate without even knowing it .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
God this is hilarious... What a cluster fuck

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Let's build this list, make sure all parts of the Bitshares community has the opportunity to contribute, highlight the top 101 for improving the short term delegate composition, highlight the delegates that should be voted down, then make a big noise in the forum and e-mail out to all.......anyone capable of voting, please do by xx date!

We can't be sure when 2.0 is going to be released so we must make an effort to support working/value producing delegates and remove those no longer active or running up-to-date clients.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 12:27:58 am by Ben Mason »

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile
Ok I'll start the list in no particular order.....please add up vote delegates to this list.  This is certainly not an exhaustive list and I'm no authority on judging delegates or their activities!

UP VOTE
fuzzy.beyondbitcoin
delegate.kencode
minebitshares-reloaded
minebts1.bunkermining-com (2,3,4,5,6)
delegate.dposhub-org
dev-pc.bitcube
dev.bitsharesblocks
payroll.delegate.xeroc
del0.cass
delegate.baozi
del.fav
testz
calabiyau
bm.payroll.riverhead
delegate-clayop
dele-puppy
bitspace-clains
a.delegate.abit
delegate.verbaltech
backbone.riverhead
delegate.ihashfury
marketing.methodx
martin-38ptswarrior-raum
delegate01.pheonike
sollywood.sollars-com
dev-metaexchange.monsterer
media.bitscape
triox-delegate
stan.delegate.xeldal
fund.bitsharesbreakout

I know there are many more that are equally deserving of attention....  We should have a discussion if there is some disagreement. Please try to stay courteous and be mindful of the bigger picture! ;) This is a community attempt at a short term fix.

Is there someone who can get the necessary engagement from other parts of the Bitshares community?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 07:27:35 am by Ben Mason »

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

101 Update!!

d2.yunbi - Voted out of the 101!

to be replaced by:

black-widow - YADD (yet another dead delegate)

We went from a delegate that last updated at client v0.6.1 to a delegate that last updated at v0.5.0 :(

Other delegates that have been voted into the 101 in the last 24 hrs that are DEAD:

btc38.com.crypto-exchange

Other Delegates that have been missing blocks for days now:

dev.sidhujag

Meanwhile worthy/campaigning delegates who are doing good work for BitShares that are not getting voted in include:

delegate.kencode - business development and POS system for BitShares for stores to use BitShares
delegate.dposhub-org - Consensus building resource for community, delegates, and mass media to connect with the BitShares community.
delegate.verbaltech - BTSTools development with wachou and thom along with an anti-ddos network for delegates
minebts2.bunkermining-com - Development and bonus payout of MineBitShares/Bunkermining to allow miners to get paid in BitShares BitAssets to increase volume and market cap
minebts3.bunkermining-com - Additional needed to be able to get all work and bonuses to attract miners done in a timely manner
minebts4.bunkermining-com - Additional needed to be able to get all work and bonuses to attract miners done in a timely manner
minebts5.bunkermining-com - Additional needed to be able to get all work and bonuses to attract miners done in a timely manner
minebts6.bunkermining-com - Additional needed to be able to get all work and bonuses to attract miners done in a timely manner

martin-38ptswarrior-raum - doesn't include feeds with delegate - offers street marketing.

What is going on here?

Who ever is following this thread... I URGE you to push your votes to at least 3 of the above mentioned so that we have at least a fully functional 101.

I am not suggesting there are not others that need to be removed from the 101 still.. but at least get the 'deadwood' out of there.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 12:10:03 am by DataSecurityNode »
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Thank you @puppies :)

I make ever bit go a long way and even with the work I listed above I still find a way to eat and keep everybody paid. It's no easy task. Delegate pay isn't much, but even 30 bucks helps, I need every penny I can scrape together right now.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 11:47:27 pm by kenCode »
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
the only way to produce a move in the right direction is a major announcement across all languages to galvanise those who are able to run the client to recognise and vote in those delegates that are working hard and using the funds to bring value.

Agreed. Until I can get my delegate voted in, I have to lay off at least 2 of my guys now. These are Devs with families to feed just like me.

You were paying two devs with the funds from a single 100% delegate?  I'm not trying to be a jerk, I believe that you are adding value to the system, and have voted for you personally.  It just seems like the multiple families going without food from a single 100% delegate is a bit over the top.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
KenCode has been doing a lot behind the sceens.

Thank you @bytemaster :)

He's been getting a lot of programming work done from what I have seen behind the scenes for the API support of the merchant POS systems.
I don't have any doubts about his working for bitshares.

Thank you @DataSecurityNode :)

KenCode has been doing a lot behind the sceens.

Agreed
Github seems to agree too.

Thank you @fuzzy :)

Hi all, please vote for Ken's delegate (delegate.kencode) and supoort his great work!
I can personally say, I work with him every day and Ken is currently networking with people from all over the world, famous people too, for the BTS Munich Expo.
He is also developing the BitShares POS and other Apps which will sell globally, and allow everyone to make a 99% affiliate bonus on every system you sell. This will be a major change for all of us. Ken has hired a few external coders to help him out too, I guess these are expensive too.
Unfortunately he is too busy  right now so you might not see him in the forum much. Since i work with him for  a while now i can say he is working hard behind the scenes, not less 12-16 hours every day for Bitshares, 7 days a week. Just skype him if you want to know more.
What ever happened here, we need to bring Ken back into the 101. He needs every support he gets so please vote for Ken's delegate.
Thank you.

Thank you @Chris4210X :)

Investors,
Without your votes, I can't continue to fund the Developers, or pay for any of the Expo expenses.
My github: https://github.com/kenCode-de?tab=repositories
The Expo: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UnldiptL8n5o1iWIEMhrSfh1f6OpOUkqPMtfZXO8xpU/edit

Daily tweets and other social media posts:
https://twitter.com/kenCode_de
http://vk.com/BitSharesMunich
http://facebook.com/BitSharesMunich
http://pinterest.com/BitSharesMunich
http://youtube.com/BitSharesMunich-de
http://google.com/+BitSharesMunich-de
http://linkedin.com/company/bitshares-munich
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,16071.0.html
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,9174.150.html

If you are also helping us with BitShares 2.0, here is the first of a bunch of react.js apps that you can use on your sites:
http://bitshares-munich.de/demos/React-Accordion/

..the BitShares Ticker should be done by next week:
https://github.com/kenCode-de/BitShares-Ticker

..then hopefully it's on to the React Language Selector. This allows outside parties to translate all of the pages in our sites (and BitShares POS) to any language easily (so I don't have to keep doing it). Also coding this one in React.

..here's a rough beta of the site that will be selling the BitShares POS systems:
http://bitshares-munich.evennode.com

that new site will also be offering an affiliate program. so, if you link to a product in our online shop, you get 99% of the net profit on that item. real-time drop-shipped white-label UPS shipping api integrated too. what better way to get the BitShares POS systems globally distributed, right?

jquery was great, but I have upgraded almost all of our code to react.js already. So, imagine going to the checkout counter and not having to wait for more than 1 second to pay for your items. Real-time is the only way to go IMO and the BitShares POS systems will be exactly that. react.js, io.js, koa and socket.io. some images:
https://www.pinterest.com/bitsharesmunich/cryptocurrencies/

Please vote my delegate in --let's get 2.0 and BitShares POS done already, thank you :)
||||||||| ♥♥♥ PLEASE VOTE ♥♥♥ ||||||||| Open Wallet > Advanced > Console > approve delegate.kencode true
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
the only way to produce a move in the right direction is a major announcement across all languages to galvanise those who are able to run the client to recognise and vote in those delegates that are working hard and using the funds to bring value.

Agreed. Until I can get my delegate voted in, I have to lay off at least 2 of my guys now. These are Devs with families to feed just like me.
Ok let's get on this. So each Bitshares community does its best to generate a community reviewed list of delegates that are verifiably contributing in known ways. We then put a big announcement across the forum and mail shot the list out with a call to arms.
We can give a deadline for contributions to the review and a suggested date for when shareholders should vote.....like all within the next two weeks.
This action is voluntary, obviously. Simply the community acting to improve the disbursement of BTS funds to delegates before all shareholders are able to vote.

+5%

Let's try to prioritise those who are working now over those with great proposals that are waiting to be voted in.
Also, let's try not to get into a monstrous debate, everyone's efforts are valuable and appreciated but there are likely to be some no-brainers. If a delegate ends up being voted out or overlooked, there's always the potential to restate a proposal and to motivate a future change of vote. This is an interim community effort to improve the situation in the short term.

+5%
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile
Let's try to prioritise those who are working now over those with great proposals that are waiting to be voted in.

Also, let's try not to get into a monstrous debate, everyone's efforts are valuable and appreciated but there are likely to be some no-brainers. If a delegate ends up being voted out or overlooked, there's always the potential to restate a proposal and to motivate a future change of vote. This is an interim community effort to improve the situation in the short term.

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile

Ok let's get on this. So each Bitshares community does its best to generate a community reviewed list of delegates that are verifiably contributing in known ways. We then put a big announcement across the forum and mail shot the list out with a call to arms.

We can give a deadline for contributions to the review and a suggested date for when shareholders should vote.....like all within the next two weeks.

This action is voluntary, obviously. Simply the community acting to improve the disbursement of BTS funds to delegates before all shareholders are able to vote.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise

www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile
I really really want to be able to vote with my stake but I can't until 2.0 is released. It is beyond frustrating to not be able to support so many of you who are working so hard. I imagine that there are a large number of share holders who are in the same position as me.

In the short term I think the only way to produce a move in the right direction is a major announcement across all languages to galvanise those who are able to run the client to recognise and vote in those delegates that are working hard and using the funds to bring value. I realise that proposals and updates are being made by many and that tools and solutions are being built to enhance transparency and information flow between delegates and shareholders.