Author Topic: Active (un)voting initiative  (Read 20155 times)

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
is it possible to integrate into BTS 2.0 that a delegate without the correct version is not given the 101 position? It is not funny that the yunbi delegates can get in, when they are just producing "nothing".

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Respected  investors, plase give me 2 months in the top 101. I want to show you what I can do with more than 10 dollars.

+5%
Tell me about it, I can't even afford to buy a new pair of shorts. I need some delegate pay BAD. With some delegate pay I can actually launch BitShares POS. I even setup an affiliate program so if you link to our online shop, you get 99% of the net profit from the referral.

That feature alone can give everyone here an income AND allow for global distribution of the BitShares POS systems. 
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Someone is voting for the yunbi delegates again...
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
What we are seeing here is that the marketcap is very low and distribution of shares highly concentrated in the hands of a very small group of people. It seems clear to me from watching these recent shifts that the shareholders causing this are Chinese shareholders. Actually the basis of that opinion come from watching trends since 1/1/2015.

Yep, things are very volatile right now. If my delegate ever gets voted back in, I'll be able to resume work, hiring more Devs and promoting the expo.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline fuzzy

what's up with kencode? all I see from him is $5 translations for some YT videos

KenCode has been doing a lot behind the sceens.

Agreed
Github seems to agree too.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 06:18:18 pm by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies

I wonder if he will put in extra hours of work if his held BTS appreciates in value.
Would you put in extra hours at work if the USDX jumped?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

jakub

Its a waste paying him at close to market rate in fiat terms.
It's quite amazing that you are able to pass such a judgement without even looking at what pc has done.
The only reasonable criterion is this: is his contribution worth the money that he has been paid?
But clearly you didn't even bother to look into his work. You just want to fire him because in your opinion he just earns too much.

sumantso

-dev-pc.bitcube

I'm actively working on improving unit test coverage. I also publish monthly reports.
.. and he burns the funds he didn't work for!!
http://bitsharesblocks.com/accounts/account?name=dev-pc.bitcube

Its a waste paying him at close to market rate in fiat terms.

He should have been voted out long ago.

He charges 50 Euro or so per hour, maybe that“s why.

I agree that he is doing a great job and always reports and burns.

50€ / h is very undervalued for a developer like PC is ... usually rates are about <= 80€/h

Is he selling those BTS to fiat? If not, then he should stop charging in fiat value.

I wonder if he will put in extra hours of work if his held BTS appreciates in value.

Offline Thom

What we are seeing here is that the marketcap is very low and distribution of shares highly concentrated in the hands of a very small group of people. It seems clear to me from watching these recent shifts that the shareholders causing this are Chinese shareholders. Actually the basis of that opinion come from watching trends since 1/1/2015.

Nevertheless, the only "problem" from a design standpoint is the human component, the tech is working perfectly as designed. If some idiot happens to acquire lots of BTS stake and decides to vote in ways that do not benefit the ecosystem  then swings like this are going to happen.

This current situation seems to blow the idea of the underlying game theory that says people will not vote in a way that harms the ecosystem and they will vote in favor of self interest. If those 2 things are different from each other then what? I think self interest will always win.

Could this be an effort on the part of a few whales to destroy BitShares b/c those whales are shifting their investment into other projects and those projects would benefit if BitShares went away? Or perhaps the start of a hostile takeover designed to reduce the value of BitShares so much (the high stakes shareholders being the target) shares and thus power or influence over the BitShares ecosystem can be further consolidated?

These are all possibilities that are totally separate from the mechanics of DPoS and completely in the realm of psychology and the human component which isn't always rational. As I've said many times before, the human element is political and potentially the Achilles heel of all crypto-currency projects.

One would hope that DPOS-HUB would make a difference via being a better, more accessible and centralized source of information about delegates / workers / witnesses, but I see little evidence that information about what delegates are doing was a factor in these shifts. There are other factors in play here that go beyond what this forum is aware of it would seem.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
We got a new problem now!

We got delegates who are DEAD being voted UP while delegates who are WORKING being voted OUT!

Are they being voted for or just floating up because someone pulled the BTS that was the vote for those others. If a transaction is made from the BTS that is backing a vote, does that vote not just disappear?.. Someone buying bitUSD for example will throw their vote in that transaction? Eitherway, there's not enough people voting and frequently enough that the 101 is stable atm.. old versions and offline delegates perhaps should not even be contenders. .. and I expect everyone waiting for v2.0

They are being voted up.. you can tell from the 24hr change on bitsharesblocks.

They are not being voted up.  Click on their delegate and look at the "Ranks and Votes" tab.  Yunbi has had the same amount of votes for months.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

We got delegates who are DEAD being voted UP while delegates who are WORKING being voted OUT!

Are they being voted for or just floating up because someone pulled the BTS that was the vote for those others. If a transaction is made from the BTS that is backing a vote, does that vote not just disappear?.. Someone buying bitUSD for example will throw their vote in that transaction? Eitherway, there's not enough people voting and frequently enough that the 101 is stable atm.. old versions and offline delegates perhaps should not even be contenders. .. and I expect everyone waiting for v2.0

They are being voted up.. you can tell from the 24hr change on bitsharesblocks.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline davidpbrown

฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

38PTSWarrior

I see Cass.

Respected  investors, plase give me 2 months in the top 101. I want to show you what I can do with more than 10 dollars.

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210
Hi all, please vote for Ken's delegate (delegate.kencode) and supoort his great work!

I can personally say, I work with him every day and Ken is currently networking with people from all over the world, famous people too, for the BTS Munich Expo.

He is also developing the BitShares POS and other Apps which will sell globally, and allow everyone to make a 99% affiliate bonus on every system you sell. This will be a major change for all of us. Ken has hired a few external coders to help him out too, I guess these are expensive too.

Unfortunately he is too busy  right now so you might not see him in the forum much. Since i work with him for  a while now i can say he is working hard behind the scenes, not less 12-16 hours every day for Bitshares, 7 days a week. Just skype him if you want to know more.

What ever happened here, we need to bring Ken back into the 101. He needs every support he gets so please vote for Ken's delegate.

Thank you.
Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
I support voting for delegate.dposhub-org