Author Topic: What differentiates Privatized BitAssets from Nubits?  (Read 28194 times)

Offline Nagalim

• View Profile
What is happening?

I never told y'all to go fuck yourselves, I very carefully skirted that by asking if y'all wanted to fuck yourselves and proposing an alternative.

True, I could just start providing an Automatic Liquidity Pool (ALP) on an nbt/bitusd pair on my own (I could almost definitely get Ronny in on it, and probably even get a little funding from Nu).  Except why would I?  I own nsr not bts.  If y'all want some of this cake you better bring the icecream.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
That's an encrypted message for you...
@bitcoinsatan

Offline Nagalim

• View Profile
I would have told you, had you asked.

Some communities engage with people thinking outside the box.  Others tell them how much they don't care.  Which are you?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 12:36:36 pm by Nagalim »

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

I would have asked what do you need the feed for, if I considered even remotely possible this thing to be a go on the BTS side.

Here... I put as mildly as I could.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Nagalim

• View Profile
Yah I read that.  Honestly, if y'all want me to figure out a price feed for you you'll have to pay me.  I was thinking more along the lines of you provide a trusted server with api-accessible price feed and we take care of liquidity provision.  Then, we both go in 50/50 and we both get liquidity for half the cost of what we would pay on other pairs.

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile
  • BitShares: samupaha
The hard part is calculating the price feed because I don't know your system very well at all.

Have you read this? Price-Stable Cryptocurrencies

It is for 2.0 market pegged assets, although we are still in the 0.9.2. Because the release of 2.0 is becoming closer, any liquidity systems should probably be designed for it and not for the 0.9 we have now.

Offline Nagalim

• View Profile
I'm not Tom, I'm Nagalim, http://nupond.net/ operator.  Hello, though, thanks for the gracious welcome  :D

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
FYI: TomJoaD answered me, he will join this conversation later this day!

Pls guys let's not hijack this thread.. come on, let's calm down and try to stick to facts and give a warm welcome ..
i'm really appreciated his joining! my 2 cents

+5%

This! Both communities only have to gain with this and any other discussion. We both want to succeed and our objective is the same, provide stable currencies with the best peg possible in the more secure and decentralized way. We all can learn a lot with each other, who knows, this could even spark the next big idea for decentralized currencies that could be a considerable better way to achieve it, other than the ways we found out. I would appreciate if members from Nu community didn't leave. Whoever doesn't like each other, please just ignore, it's not that hard. We are all in the same boat, we all want the same. What if both communities have completely different ways to achieve a stable currency or whatever they want to achieve? What matters is trying to develop the best way possible and this is done much more easier than working separately, without discussing and sharing ideas from both sides.

The fact I choose this or that way, doesn't make it the supreme way, both can succeed or fail miserably. It's up to us to try and do something better.

:-*

HUGS not BUGS ^^
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Subsidized liquidity services.  You give us money, we give you liquidity.

Aha!

Offline Nagalim

• View Profile
Subsidized liquidity services.  You give us money, we give you liquidity.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 10:37:59 pm by Nagalim »

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
So, we could even do away with the dual sided support entirely.  Y'all seem to have buy support figured out pretty well, so we could focus purely on BitUSD sell support (which is equivalent to NBT buy support, something we need).  We'd just need to figure out a price feed mechanism using your internal price feed mechanism and a few particularly chosen Nu liquidity pathways.  I'd expect that price feed would deviate from $1 far less than than the actual BitUSD price on the market does.  Essentially, y'all would end up paying us BitUSD which we would then put up as a sell wall and use the NBT we receive to subsidize custodians who are willing to hold BitUSD as a sell wall and convert it back into BitUSD via the meta-market or whatever when it gets sold.  Since it's decentralized, the wait times are mitigated by having custodians take turns or whatever.  It works out, we've seen it happen.  The hard part is calculating the price feed because I don't know your system very well at all.
Am I the only one not getting what you mean?

Offline Nagalim

• View Profile
So, we could even do away with the dual sided support entirely.  Y'all seem to have buy support figured out pretty well, so we could focus purely on BitUSD sell support (which is equivalent to NBT buy support, something we need).  We'd just need to figure out a price feed mechanism using your internal price feed mechanism and a few particularly chosen Nu liquidity pathways.  I'd expect that price feed would deviate from $1 far less than than the actual BitUSD price on the market does.  Essentially, y'all would end up paying us BitUSD which we would then put up as a sell wall and use the NBT we receive to subsidize custodians who are willing to hold BitUSD as a sell wall and convert it back into BitUSD via the meta-market or whatever when it gets sold.  Since it's decentralized, the wait times are mitigated by having custodians take turns or whatever.  It works out, we've seen it happen.  The hard part is calculating the price feed because I don't know your system very well at all.

Offline Nagalim

• View Profile
I bet we could peg the price at $1.05 with +-$0.05 offset.  The reward for y'all is that people would have somewhere to buy BitUSD.  Custodians that sell their BitUSD for NBT would proceed to trade it for USD at a 0.4% loss here: https://www.ccedk.com/nbt-usd.  Then they could trade on the meta-exchange to get BitUSD back again.  I still don't really get how BitUSD are created though, so I might be wrong.  If a custodian has $109.4 and wants at least 100 BitUSD and is willing to wait 24 hours, can this be done on the bitshares network?  Would it involve buying BTS and turning it into BitUSD?  In that case,  it might be easier to sell the nbt for btc.  Anyway, this could totally work.  In return, NBT holders would have another thing they can sell their NBT for.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 09:53:35 pm by Nagalim »