Author Topic: What differentiates Privatized BitAssets from Nubits?  (Read 28454 times)

Offline Nagalim

• View Profile
So, I'll go ahead and put my head in the sand here and just blithely push forward what a NBT/BitUSD partnership would look like.

An NBT/BitUSD peg:
There are arguments that can be made about who would benefit more from such a pegged pair.  However, a simple compromise could easily be reached between the two parties such that all users of BitUSD can utilize the liquidity of NBT markets while still keeping their funds primarily in BitUSD.  Such an operation would need to be paid for, and the compromise would be such that Nu pays for the NBT side and BitAssets pays for the BitUSD side.  Of course there would be no price feed, 1 NBT = 1 BitUSD.

What is the cost in BitUSD?
I am going to guess that the cost is something like 0.2%/day.  Looking at the BitUSD daily volume on coinmarketcap, it looks like $1,000 targets would suffice.  The end cost would be $2/day, or 730 BitUSD/year.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 06:15:07 pm by Nagalim »

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

tony was ahead of his time and went long on the wrong wave.  tony's funny in a dennis leary vs george carlin death match sort of way.  and while all this was heppening the nubits team was making some money by teaching the humans what a focussed and trusted team of investors and developers can do for those looking to hedge the crypto decline of 2014.  a fine service considering the primitive tools available.  an effort and.purpose that they can b proud of.  and judging by the recent rise in bts price on news of a launch date,   it looks like those who made money on Peercoinubits will be timing the next set of bts waves

well said...but I truly doubt anyone who saw Nub as something  good, can appreciate the true beauty of BTS. Something like doubting that just because Nazi party has come to power against oppression, its members will ever deeply appreciate democracy.

[the above is figure of speech of course - Nubits is not Nazi nor Ponzi in any way shape or form...faar, faar from it]

Yes.. and yes to your previous comments.  +5%
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
tony was ahead of his time and went long on the wrong wave.  tony's funny in a dennis leary vs george carlin death match sort of way.  and while all this was heppening the nubits team was making some money by teaching the humans what a focussed and trusted team of investors and developers can do for those looking to hedge the crypto decline of 2014.  a fine service considering the primitive tools available.  an effort and.purpose that they can b proud of.  and judging by the recent rise in bts price on news of a launch date,   it looks like those who made money on Peercoinubits will be timing the next set of bts waves

well said...but I truly doubt anyone who saw Nub as something  good, can appreciate the true beauty of BTS. Something like doubting that just because Nazi party has come to power against oppression, its members will ever deeply appreciate democracy.

[the above is figure of speech of course - Nubits is not Nazi nor Ponzi in any way shape or form...faar, faar from it]
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 02:01:29 pm by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
FYI: TomJoaD answered me, he will join this conversation later this day!

Pls guys let's not hijack this thread.. come on, let's calm down and try to stick to facts and give a warm welcome ..
i'm really appreciated his joining! my 2 cents

Sure. I will give him my [ fairly ] worm shot. :)
 I treat all N[ew/u]Bi[dd/t] ers equally!

ohh, we will have a paaaarty [dancing white man style]
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 01:14:59 pm by tonyk »

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
FYI: TomJoaD answered me, he will join this conversation later this day!

Pls guys let's not hijack this thread.. come on, let's calm down and try to stick to facts and give a warm welcome ..
i'm really appreciated his joining! my 2 cents
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
edit: Once I've calmed down, I'll remove the image and put you to the ignore list as well :P

I wonder whether he wants to join this partly hostile environment...
In my world hospitality looks different from what I see here.
Yeah, I live in a strange world ;)

You are welcome to open a private conversation on our forums vs TomJoad  :P

PS just kidding! But I couldn't resist after your post's  :)
      Hope you have a sense humor  :)

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Sending a message to Tom on the nubits forum should require registration. That is no big barrier, but if you'd like I can shoot him a message regarding your invitation.

thx i'm in contact with!

edit: i've invited TomJoad from NuBits team to join this discussion

I for one do not care about being nice or hospitable.[and no, I I have never called Nu ponzi... while I have never spared  epithets like 'stupid, idiotic, etc' ]
So... NuBits is a idiotic creation of people who think they are better than the world we live in. Also soooo proud of their *wrong* perception of how things work.
They might be great coders but the time it will take to reeducate them...just not worth the effort.[but BM might have some other inclement at the time you contact him... after all, on a dark day of his, he created brownies...]

« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 01:07:45 pm by tonyk »

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Sending a message to Tom on the nubits forum should require registration. That is no big barrier, but if you'd like I can shoot him a message regarding your invitation.

thx i'm in contact with!

we will see .. to offer the possibilty is what counts to me ...
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info

thx i'm in contact with!

believe me at the end of the day you will love tonyk @ co.
speaking from self experience  ;)

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
Yeah, you are right. Let me guess: you need the motto of this avatar if you look at the bitUSD exchange rate? :P

It could be a possibility if I was not aware of the Graphene(bts2.0) release in about 30 Days  ;)
Believe it or not if we had not this information the pegg to the dollar would be just fine...

PS I am not expecting you will understand this now, but you surely will in the near future. If I am wrong and you get it now, good for you,
 since you will have the opportunity to make some decent profit's  ;)

Offline Randomaniac

• View Profile

thx i'm in contact with!

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

So you point is - everyone needs some a fed like system (or NU bits price fixers- however they are called)  and there is absolutely no,  No way around it ?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 12:31:55 pm by tonyk »

Offline Randomaniac

• View Profile
Oh my, this speaks volumes...
...although I'm completely new here, I'm going to make use of a forum feature, I've never used at any forum before: the ignore list.

But as tonyk doesn't seem to be interested in discussion and rather wants to cause a disturbance, I might very well save myself from reading his/her posts.

....well I found for you the perfect avatar to use on our forums  :P

edit:
 I improoved the avatar  :P

Yeah, you are right. Let me guess: you need the motto of this avatar if you look at the bitUSD exchange rate? :P

For documentation purposes (in case it might soonTM look better than in the last few days) - oops, that's what I wanted to prevent...
edit: Once I've calmed down, I'll remove the image and put you to the ignore list as well :P

« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 12:22:13 pm by Randomaniac »

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
But as tonyk doesn't seem to be interested in discussion and rather wants to cause a disturbance {aka: posts things I do not like}
I might very well save myself from reading his/her posts.

....well I found for you the perfect avata [for you] to use on our forums  :P

PS You have always been good with those pic's dani the lion, but this one is a home run (American reference you do not need to get, but a big time score)

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
Oh my, this speaks volumes...
...although I'm completely new here, I'm going to make use of a forum feature, I've never used at any forum before: the ignore list.

But as tonyk doesn't seem to be interested in discussion and rather wants to cause a disturbance, I might very well save myself from reading his/her posts.

....well I found for you the perfect avatar to use on our forums  :P

edit:
 I improoved the avatar  :P
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 12:00:31 pm by liondani »