Author Topic: Pitchfork Countdown May Begin Next Week  (Read 34938 times)

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
I for one, would be happy to contribute some resources (donate some BTS) or spin up a number of AWS instances to help with load testing, and I'm sure many others in the community would also help if someone could develop the instructions or scripts to perform a private testnet load/tps test.
Using AWS, you could effectively have a 10Gb private LAN with the ability to spin up a significant number of servers for a short period of time at reasonable cost using spot pricing.
Here is an atricle on how someone has configured AWS instances to achieve 1 Million TPS For Just $1.68/Hour - http://highscalability.com/blog/2014/8/18/1-aerospike-server-x-1-amazon-ec2-instance-1-million-tps-for.html
If we chime and say we (as the community) would be willing to fund/support/provide resources for this test - it may encourage one us to take it on...

@nethyb - We need a bid, please.
@kenCode @cube @sudo @phillyguy @emailtooaj @onceuponatime @godzirra @rnglab @bobmaloney @ccedk

Removing the WAN limitations could prove our scalability beyond 100K tps.. I'm looking forward to this AWS test.
It would be great if we could all record it on video with our phones. Split screen CLI and xeroc's tps gauge. Other ideas welcome.

This is 11 people so far willing to put in some BTS for this 100K tps LAN test.
Anybody else?

Wow! I am implessed with the spontaneity of the community!

I will put up more detailed ideas/a draft proposal in the scalability thread.

ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
I for one, would be happy to contribute some resources (donate some BTS) or spin up a number of AWS instances to help with load testing, and I'm sure many others in the community would also help if someone could develop the instructions or scripts to perform a private testnet load/tps test.
Using AWS, you could effectively have a 10Gb private LAN with the ability to spin up a significant number of servers for a short period of time at reasonable cost using spot pricing.
Here is an atricle on how someone has configured AWS instances to achieve 1 Million TPS For Just $1.68/Hour - http://highscalability.com/blog/2014/8/18/1-aerospike-server-x-1-amazon-ec2-instance-1-million-tps-for.html
If we chime and say we (as the community) would be willing to fund/support/provide resources for this test - it may encourage one us to take it on...

@kenCode @cube @sudo @phillyguy @emailtooaj @onceuponatime @godzirra @rnglab @bobmaloney @ccedk

Removing the WAN limitations could prove our scalability beyond 100K tps.. I'm looking forward to this AWS test.
It would be great if we could all record it on video with our phones. Split screen CLI and xeroc's tps gauge. Other ideas welcome.

Anybody else?
@tonyk 2500 BTS

@liondani 2500 BTS

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Anybody else?
@tonyk 2500 BTS
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise

Anybody else?
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline bobmaloney

@nethyb
@kenCode @cube @sudo @Akado @phillyguy @emailtooaj

This is 7 people so far willing to put in some BTS for this 100K tps LAN test.
Anybody else?

@bobmaloney 2500 BTS

If I could help I would gladly chip in with 2500 btc, just let me know

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,18337.0.html
"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
- Jack Handey (SNL)

Offline rnglab

• View Profile
  • BitShares: rnglab
So you guys are talking about setting up a private network of aws machines in an attempt to push 100k tps?  I don't really see the utility, since it's not something we could currently do in the wild.  I think we would be better served if we got a large amount of people to join the actual test net and see how high we could get the tps there.

I see it more as an open demonstration of scalability. 
Sometime after the last code tweaks and dev's local stress tests may result in an auspicious, community driven final test, and also as the opening bells for Bitshares 2.0
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 10:15:49 pm by rnglab »

Offline openledger

• Board Moderator
  • Blockchain powered, people driven
    • View Profile
    • OpenLedger.info - Blockchain Solutions, Services and Products for Businesses
  • BitShares: ccedkbts
@nethyb

Anybody else?

@bobmaloney 2500 BTS

If I could help I would gladly chip in with 2500 btc, just let me know
OpenLedger blockchain in services and solutions - https://openledger.info
BitShares explorer: https://bitsharescan.com
BitShares commitee member since 2015

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Have they announce the release date yet? If not what day this week will they make the announcement?

Here are the available clues:  :)

ANNOUNCEMENT 9 - Pitchfork Countdown Could Begin Next Week

If all goes well next week and no unforeseen snags occur, 
we think we will be able to announce the start of our 30 day countdown to the BitShares 2.0 Pitchfork.

Our team will make the final call next week, but we feel we are very close.  The exact 30-day countdown date will be posted in a follow up announcement at that time.  If you are a Partner or 3rd Party developer waiting to begin integration, this is your one week pre-notice to recall your integration teams from summer break in Kokomo and harness them up to their keyboards.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
So you guys are talking about setting up a private network of aws machines in an attempt to push 100k tps?  I don't really see the utility, since it's not something we could currently do in the wild.  I think we would be better served if we got a large amount of people to join the actual test net and see how high we could get the tps there. 
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bobmaloney

@nethyb

Anybody else?

@bobmaloney 2500 BTS
"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
- Jack Handey (SNL)

Offline Akado

• View Profile

@kenCode @cube @sudo @phillyguy @emailtooaj @onceuponatime @godzirra @rnglab

It would be great if we could all record it on video with our phones. Split screen CLI an xeroc's tps gauge. Other ideas welcome.

This is 9 people so far willing to put in some BTS for this 100K tps LAN test.
Anybody else?

yeah but it will be done on this test net right? Not after it launches. Am I right? Please confirm this as I'm creating a thread with the pool and days for people to pick when they're available.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise

@kenCode @cube @sudo @phillyguy @emailtooaj @onceuponatime @godzirra @rnglab

It would be great if we could all record it on video with our phones. Split screen CLI an xeroc's tps gauge. Other ideas welcome.

This is 9 people so far willing to put in some BTS for this 100K tps LAN test.
Anybody else?
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Akado

• View Profile
I can donate but I'd like to see everything organized first. A date where most members who are using the testnet have agreed upon. Maybe at the usual time of a mumble? Since most people seem to be available at that time.

Will someone stream this or get some kind of proof of all the transactions that were made in real time? I think this deserves a separated thread to get the most attention possible. It's important, would serve as a statement. Bring things up another level in the cryptocommunity. So we don't take threads like this, even if we dont reach the 100k https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/3jvo9k/bitshares_says_it_will_be_able_to_complete_100000/ seems to be unavailable at the time this link though