Author Topic: Pitchfork Countdown May Begin Next Week  (Read 34930 times)

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Very nice and timely...

These (even if target time is missed by a week or 2) are very nice news and perfectly coinciding with my prediction for a[edit bout] 50% drop (made here
… but by now those stupid BTS should have fallen by more than 50% in CNY terms ( aren’t they BM?) (alternatively BM should have come back to his senses)…but this were the good old days, I guess and I should have been able to make my 100% gain by now.
and here
When the lead developer of the project wants the BTS price to go down* who am I to argue with him. And as I have no other means to short BTS I did the next best thing - sold [edit all my BTS] (not now but within days of the brownie points announcement) and am waiting for the price to at least cut in half to buy back.
)

In so many words...time to buy back my BTS. And for you to do the same (or even short bitUSD or whatever your risk profile calls for)...

my 2 c - buy Buy BUY  :)
When Tony says buy you buy.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Well done tonyk.

Two times during this drop I sold a bunch of bts and bought back lower.  from like 2900 to 2500 sats, and again from 2100 to 1600.  But it was only like 10-20% of my BTS.   Wouldve done better if I had had the balls to do what you did, but I dont want to be out of BTS, ever. 

I've added a bunch under 1600 sats though, which I'm pretty happy about.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 10:56:38 pm by Ander »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
Very nice and timely...

These (even if target time is missed by a week or 2) are very nice news and perfectly coinciding with my prediction for a[edit bout] 50% drop (made here
… but by now those stupid BTS should have fallen by more than 50% in CNY terms ( aren’t they BM?) (alternatively BM should have come back to his senses)…but this were the good old days, I guess and I should have been able to make my 100% gain by now.
and here
When the lead developer of the project wants the BTS price to go down* who am I to argue with him. And as I have no other means to short BTS I did the next best thing - sold [edit all my BTS] (not now but within days of the brownie points announcement) and am waiting for the price to at least cut in half to buy back.
)

In so many words...time to buy back my BTS. And for you to do the same (or even short bitUSD or whatever your risk profile calls for)...

Tony's back!!

BULLISH!!

:D

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Very nice and timely...

and here
)

Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Load testing at 100K TPS will not be viable with standard network connections.

How far can it go with 'standard' network connections?  At least attempt to max this out. :)
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

I see, thanks for the reply. Well I'm sure as we start to test transactions speed, that even at a relatively low number for BitShares, it's still a huge number compared with other projects
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

The key word here is "could" ahah I assume then we won't have the wallet ready for 100,00 tps right? I'm not particularly worried about that. Just expect trolls to use that to say BitShares tried to hype, didn't deliver, scam, etc. But if a decent amount of transactions could be proven to be done in the chain, it could ease some minds.

It Bitshares was even to do 1000 tps, it would make a profit from fees of over 17 million dollars in a single day (at 20 cents each).  Or 3.5 million if those transactions were all done from lifetime members.   That would sure rock the market cap. ;)  The TPS bitshares will be able to handle will be scaled up over time as we get more use.

Yes, I'm not talking about having a high number of transactions, but somehow being able to prove it can handle those number of transactions, because that's where anti-bitshares people will start off. "Big claims, no deliver" and stuff like that.

Btw, I really like those numbers  8)

Having that said, good work guys, it's finally going to pay off!  +5%
I agree that one of the most important test now is getting load testing going that reaches the 100,000tps range.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Akado

• View Profile
The key word here is "could" ahah I assume then we won't have the wallet ready for 100,00 tps right? I'm not particularly worried about that. Just expect trolls to use that to say BitShares tried to hype, didn't deliver, scam, etc. But if a decent amount of transactions could be proven to be done in the chain, it could ease some minds.

It Bitshares was even to do 1000 tps, it would make a profit from fees of over 17 million dollars in a single day (at 20 cents each).  Or 3.5 million if those transactions were all done from lifetime members.   That would sure rock the market cap. ;)  The TPS bitshares will be able to handle will be scaled up over time as we get more use.

Yes, I'm not talking about having a high number of transactions, but somehow being able to prove it can handle those number of transactions, because that's where anti-bitshares people will start off. "Big claims, no deliver" and stuff like that.

Btw, I really like those numbers  8)

Having that said, good work guys, it's finally going to pay off!  +5%

Offline Ander

• View Profile

I only guarantee that our GUI will be better than Ethereum's at launch ;)

Good target to aim for.. our something will be better than their nothing. :P
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Akado

• View Profile

Offline Ander

• View Profile

;D

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline inarizushi

• View Profile
Yeah, nice job  :). I'm not entirely optimistic, but I hope so much that BitShares 2.0 will be able to bring financial freedom to the masses !