Author Topic: What happened to the 30 million BTS  (Read 10346 times)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

It's been a long time since I rock and rolled,
It's been a long time since I did the Stroll.
Ooh, let me get it back, let me get it back,
Let me get it back, baby, where I come from.
It's been a long time, been a long time,
Been a long lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time. Yes it has.

-- Led Zeppelin, Rock and Roll

Thank you. I'm getting a little sick of all the David Bowie stuff today. True innovator, RIP, but I'll take Zeppelin.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
And, as I've stated a couple of times, they didn't do development in the first half of the year because all developers were working to crank out BitShares 2.0. 

So it seems a Long Time Coming, but in actual developer time, it's been about six months.

It's been a long time since I rock and rolled,
It's been a long time since I did the Stroll.
Ooh, let me get it back, let me get it back,
Let me get it back, baby, where I come from.
It's been a long time, been a long time,
Been a long lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time. Yes it has.

-- Led Zeppelin, Rock and Roll

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline bytemaster

Most of that year FMV held the coins and didn't spend them and of course, most of the coins are still vesting.   
They have released source code for stake-based voting and are still doing things for BTS.

I just talked with Nathan and Adam yesterday and they are still in the BTS camp working on things. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline mint chocolate chip

I just talked with the FMV team and they have plans to launch a service on the BTS chain this year.

The year has come and gone, FMV has yet to "launch a service on the BTS chain".  But they did just register Merit, sure hope it is something worthwhile.

Believe me, BTSX would not have wanted to face VOTE as a competitor!
Fmv is the cornerstone of my marketing strategy.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 07:14:42 am by mint chocolate chip »

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Why the cry?

I don't know either, I am just crying...

PS only for @tonyk to watch https://youtu.be/hSFWgKl-O-A
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 03:30:51 pm by liondani »

38PTSWarrior

Hey, I maybe will issue 30 million of my shares, then it's equilibrium again right? :-)

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
I just talked with the FMV team and they have plans to launch a service on the BTS chain this year.

@tonyk  :'(   :P

Why the cry? - I have a service that I plan to launch as well...just waiting for my 30 Mil BTS free donation. Very happy that everybody will be subsidized this way  :)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 10:51:26 pm by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

@tonyk  :'(   :P

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy

That's it???? After all, that's it? This year?

You are talking many people let you down. Think about hundreds or thousands or tens of thousand investors YOU let down.

BM hasnt let anyone down, listen to the latest mumble and you get a sense for how hard hes working, and that no one in cyrpto has as the vision he has. The conversation on conflated roles in blockchains was awesome.

Offline rajarush

• View Profile

That's it???? After all, that's it? This year?

You are talking many people let you down. Think about hundreds or thousands or tens of thousand investors YOU let down.

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline mint chocolate chip

Some info that seems relevant to the discussion:

I do not think FMV ever gave that 1 million bts to anyone, the token percentage toast mentions that adam pledged to give to top community marketers.

The FMV team has stopped doing the bitshares social media, turning it over to Cryptonomex.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 07:38:33 pm by mint chocolate chip »

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
This guy has done jack squat for Bitshares. Maybe Bytemaster should demand a return of the BTS and or the privatekey related to the still vesting BTS?

+5% That would mean BM could bring some accountability to the project without changing the rules.

There have been many individuals whom have let me down since I started BitShares and these individuals have walked away with several hundred thousand dollars in total.

Dwelling on the "woulda, coulda, shoulda" does nothing but destroy our future potential.   

I understand you just want to move on from this, but 20M BTS being dumped over the next year (as you said) will be a huge cost to the DAC equivalent to all the money wasted by mining. If BitShares is not going to be profitable for another year then what is the point?

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
I wasn't suggesting taking the 30 Million away. How about you hold people accountable:

Hey Guys,

Sorry that I haven’t been active on the forums over the past few weeks.

My team and I have been heads down, aggressively preparing for our recent demo out in CA. We had an awesome week out in California, meeting with legislators regarding our BitShares based voting system and networking with voting registrars and officials alike. Our demo went extremely well. We met some serious resistance from established players in the industry, confirming that implementing our voting solution in legitimate elections is a long term play. The good news is that we definitely made a splash and are continuing to attract all sorts of attention.

Now that crunch time is over, we are really excited to shift our focus to helping BitShares improve all aspects of our marketing, particularly with respect to our online presence and user acquisition methods. I’m an experienced internet marketer with Will as my padawan in training (don’t worry, he actually has a degree in marketing). We’d like nothing more than to work with the community to establish short term priorities and coordinate to avoid duplication of our efforts.

I’ll be actively watching this thread for your feedback and hope to get caught up to speed quickly.

linkedin.com/in/adamkalebernest/

This guy has done jack squat for Bitshares. Maybe Bytemaster should demand a return of the BTS and or the privatekey related to the still vesting BTS?

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
Follow my vote is actively developing a voting platform that will use bitshares network as the back end. 

Which will do more damage, arbitrarily changing the rules to take funds from Adam *OR* having Adam dump 20M BTS over the next year?

I am so glad Bitshares has never arbitrarily changed the rules before. /s

This is the funniest thing I have ever read by you Bytemaster.