Author Topic: Importing Keys into Graphene  (Read 16911 times)

Offline werneo

• View Profile
    • chronicle of the precession of simulacra
  • BitShares: werneo
another question: I originally logged into the wallet from my Chrome browser, where I can see the top menu items ACCOUNT, EXPLORER, EXCHANGE and TRANSFER. Then I tried to open the wallet from a different browser, expecting to get a login challenge. Instead, if I go to my wallet link in Firefox (  https://graphene.bitshares.org/#/account/werneo/overview )  I can see everything in the wallet with the exception of the top menu choices.  There is also a NEW menu item called LINK/UNLINK in the sidebar of firefox. Not sure what that does. So does this mean that everyone's wallet is viewable so long as the user name is known?

Offline werneo

• View Profile
I was able to import the keys, but unfortunately the import into graphene does not match what is in my 0.9.3c wallet...

Here is what was imported into the new graphene wallet:
4,733 BROWNIE.PTS
320,920.62832 CORE

Here is what's actually in my 0.9.3c:
5,533.00 BROWNIE.PTS
400,243.76057 BTS

Note that when I exported the keys, the blockchain was up to date. So the export file SHOULD have reflected the exact numbers in the 0.9.3c wallet, but obviously some transactions are missing.

Also I don't see my 30 MKRCOIN in the graphene wallet.

Any thoughts on what's wrong and how to fix it?

I think they use an old snapshot for testing. wouldn't make sense to make a new snapshot every time a testnet starts

roger that.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
I was able to import the keys, but unfortunately the import into graphene does not match what is in my 0.9.3c wallet...

4,733 BROWNIE.PTS
320,920.62832 CORE

5,533.00 BROWNIE.PTS
400,243.76057 BTS

Note that when I exported the keys, the blockchain was up to date. So the export file SHOULD have reflected the exact numbers in the 0.9.3c wallet, but obviously some transactions are missing.

I think they use an old snapshot for testing. wouldn't make sense to make a new snapshot every time a testnet starts

Offline werneo

• View Profile

4,733 BROWNIE.PTS
320,920.62832 CORE

5,533.00 BROWNIE.PTS
400,243.76057 BTS

« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 04:39:37 pm by werneo »

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
had the same issue in the current testnet.

just open a new account and import your keys - worked for me

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Import keys are the correct option
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I click IMPORT BACKUP and attempt to import BitShares Wallet Backup.json, but get an "invalid format" error.
Weird .. if you are really using 0.9.3c then this should not happen .. I will point the webdevs here. I can recall that there have been some issues with the most recent grapehen deployment.
//edit: read the next post
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 06:12:25 am by xeroc »

Offline werneo

• View Profile
Ok.... so I upgraded to wallet version 0.9.3c

I made TWO exports from the wallet:

1. Bitshares Wallet Backup.json, using FILE: EXPORT WALLET
2. mykeys.json, using the command wallet_export_keys from the console

Now... I want to import my wallet into the graphene test wallet to test the process out before version 2.0 is released on the 13th.

I go to the test wallet here: https://graphene.bitshares.org/

I click on EXISTING ACCOUNTS

There are two option this page: IMPORT BACKUP and IMPORT KEYS.

I click IMPORT BACKUP and attempt to import BitShares Wallet Backup.json, but get an "invalid format" error.

If I click IMPORT KEYS, a new pages opens that says CREATE A NEW WALLET, and prompts me for a password.

This is where I stop, because I am not sure what's going on. Is it prompting me for a NEW password or does it wants the OLD password for my 0.9.3c wallet? And why am I getting an INVALID FORMAT error when I try to import my backup?

Please let me know what I should do next!

(Note: When I made the backups, my 0.9.3c wallet was fully up to date an synched with the network. No problem with the wallet itself.)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 11:16:15 pm by werneo »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Hey there...
I'm looking to update to the 0.9.3 version from 0.9.2. 
I see 0.9.3d, but not the 0.9.3c on github.
Would someone mind linking to the latest build please  :D
From what I've been reading everyone is mentioning the "C" version and there's no mention of the "D".
Is the "D" version good to go?

Thanks in advance!

I don't see a *d version: https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/releases

I've exported my 0.93c wallet, but when I try to import it into Graphene it says invalid format.
Not sure if it matters, but I've been unable to sync for over a month.. no matter what I do (uninstall, delete all files in Roaming folder, regedit) I still can't sync. Not with 0.92, not with 0.93, not with 0.93c.
Do not use the BACKUP function... but the export function .. it should be in the 0.9.3c menu bar ..

Offline pioneer

• View Profile
I've exported my 0.93c wallet, but when I try to import it into Graphene it says invalid format.
Not sure if it matters, but I've been unable to sync for over a month.. no matter what I do (uninstall, delete all files in Roaming folder, regedit) I still can't sync. Not with 0.92, not with 0.93, not with 0.93c.

Offline emailtooaj

Hey there...
I'm looking to update to the 0.9.3 version from 0.9.2. 
I see 0.9.3d, but not the 0.9.3c on github.
Would someone mind linking to the latest build please  :D
From what I've been reading everyone is mentioning the "C" version and there's no mention of the "D".
Is the "D" version good to go?

Thanks in advance!

Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
:D :D :D Thank you Fav. I appreciate your taking the time to post that.
Yes,with that command the file appeared immediately.The command you gave is complete and correct. It worked perfectly. You spelled it out and all a dimwit  like me had to do was to enter my name where you had \xxx\ and press enter.
I'm not nitpicking but some folks struggle with making files visible so as to find the appdata/roaming folder so as to...... etc etc.
Maybe someone could provide a dimwit no brainer menu option in desktop 0.9.3 to store backup wallet for migration to a default folder?
Meantime, mine are now stored safely. Thanks for the help  ;D

spoiler: 0.9.3c has a wallet export in the menu. but BTS 1.0 is done, so we shouldn't waste time to improve anything beyond the current client.

Offline aragoon

• View Profile
 :D :D :D Thank you Fav. I appreciate your taking the time to post that.
Yes,with that command the file appeared immediately.The command you gave is complete and correct. It worked perfectly. You spelled it out and all a dimwit  like me had to do was to enter my name where you had \xxx\ and press enter.
I'm not nitpicking but some folks struggle with making files visible so as to find the appdata/roaming folder so as to...... etc etc.
Maybe someone could provide a dimwit no brainer menu option in desktop 0.9.3 to store backup wallet for migration to a default folder?
Meantime, mine are now stored safely. Thanks for the help  ;D

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
tried again in 0.9.3c

Code: [Select]
> >> wallet_export_keys C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\BitShares\wallets\graphene.json

OK

file was visible immediately.  using win7

Offline aragoon

• View Profile
My machine is set to show hidden files and folders. Search comes up empty. Files not in C:\ and not in roaming either. I still can't figure why. Did I input wrong commands? Interesting to find out .  :)