Author Topic: Graphene GUI testing and feedback  (Read 131211 times)

jakub

The functionality was only added a few days ago, we just need to figure out the kinks. I'll see if I can add access to it in the connection failure screen.
It's stored in localStorage so you can clear it by clearing that, in Chrome its under resources in the dev tools.

In the online version (i.e. in the GUI accessed by https://graphene.bitshares.org) - what possible reason would I have to want to change it??
I think it should be completely removed (or disabled) in the online version.

Offline svk

In the settings
Please be more specific. In FF settings?

Haha I just realized you can't access the settings if the app doesn't initialize correctly, chicken and egg problem...

I mean the wallet settings, where you can enter the WS Api you want to use. I'll push a commit in a bit that removes the / from the default ws connection, guess you'll have to be patient until that reaches the server. If you're running locally then you simply need to edit ApiInstances.js, uncomment line 27 and replace it with the correct ws url.

@svk, what is the logic of exposing this crucial ws URL setting to the user in the online (i.e. not standalone) version?
If the user starts playing with it and mistypes the ws URL then there is no easy way to revert the change as there is no access to the GUI - a clear chicken and egg problem.

This is what just happened to me in Chrome: I mistyped the ws URL on purpose, reloaded the GUI and lost access to it.
How do I revert it to the default value???
The functionality was only added a few days ago, we just need to figure out the kinks. I'll see if I can add access to it in the connection failure screen.

It's stored in localStorage so you can clear it by clearing that, in Chrome its under resources in the dev tools.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

jakub

In the settings

Haha I just realized you can't access the settings if the app doesn't initialize correctly, chicken and egg problem...

I mean the wallet settings, where you can enter the WS Api you want to use. I'll push a commit in a bit that removes the / from the default ws connection, guess you'll have to be patient until that reaches the server. If you're running locally then you simply need to edit ApiInstances.js, uncomment line 27 and replace it with the correct ws url.

@svk, what is the logic of exposing this crucial ws URL setting to the user in the online (i.e. not standalone) version?
If the user starts playing with it and mistypes the ws URL then there is no easy way to revert the change as there is no access to the GUI - a clear chicken-and-egg problem.

This is what just happened to me in Chrome: I mistyped the ws URL on purpose, reloaded the GUI and lost access to it.
How do I revert it to the default value???

EDIT: actually there is a way to revert to the default value (by selecting the retry option) but now it seems my wallet is gone as the app asks me to create a new account.
It's not clear to me what you wanted to achieve but surely we cannot leave it the way it is now.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 11:47:07 am by jakub »

iHashFury

How do you close a 'usd-collateral-holder' position?

When I 'Update Position' and 'Collateral change   -424.46933 CORE' the CORE asset is displayed in the 'usd-collateral-holder' balance

Then when I try to transfer the 'CORE' to my account name, the GUI says 'usd-collateral-holder' is 'Not your account'

Also, all my collateral-holders Memo Keys says 'Not a valid public key'

« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 10:58:02 am by iHashFury »

Offline svk

In the settings

jakub

In the settings

Offline svk

jakub

The following Firefox error:
The connection to  .. was interrupted while the page was loading
Is know issue, it doesn't affect any functionality.

Testnet api connection string is wss://graphene.bitshares.org/ws, trailing slash is not necessary.

More than not necessary it's the cause of the problem; mindphlux was having the issue too and I could reproduce it using his remotely hosted witness node. Once I removed the slash from his url we were both able to connect.

I still get the same error and a blank screen in Firefox on Windows 7:
Code: [Select]
The connection to wss://graphene.bitshares.org/ws/ was interrupted while the page was loading.
I can see that you already closed the related issue on github but for me the blank screen problem still remains.
What has changed since yesterday is that I don't get the "Unknown error" any more.

You still have a trailing slash in your URL though, did you try removing it?
I'm not sure what you mean by "removing a trailing slash in the URL".
But if you mean using https://graphene.bitshares.org instead of https://graphene.bitshares.org/ - it has no effect, I still get the "connection interrupted" error and a blank screen.

No I mean in the websocket URL, it shouldn't have the trailing / after .org/ws
How do I change that?

Offline svk

Testnet api connection string is wss://graphene.bitshares.org/ws, trailing slash is not necessary.

More than not necessary it's the cause of the problem; mindphlux was having the issue too and I could reproduce it using his remotely hosted witness node. Once I removed the slash from his url we were both able to connect.

The connection to wss://graphene.bitshares.org/ws/ was interrupted while the page was loading.
I can see that you already closed the related issue on github but for me the blank screen problem still remains.
What has changed since yesterday is that I don't get the "Unknown error" any more.

But if you mean using https://graphene.bitshares.org instead of https://graphene.bitshares.org/ - it has no effect, I still get the "connection interrupted" error and a blank screen.

No I mean in the websocket URL, it shouldn't have the trailing / after .org/ws

jakub

I would not insist if I had some non-standard settings. But everything seems to be standard on my side: Window 7, no firewall, the latest version of Firefox, no privacy mode switched on.
The only thing that is non-standard is that I did run lots of previous versions of the GUI on this machine so maybe something got cached. But I did clear the cache in the browser.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 08:41:17 am by jakub »

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
      <---
Back button.

Pls.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 08:03:22 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline svk

How long is the market history kept / display for? Am i guessing is based on the number of blocks, as opposed a full history? Mine keeps clearing after a while.
Until you switch markets or refresh the page. Inverting is equivalent to switching.

Offline betax

• View Profile
How long is the market history kept / display for? Am i guessing is based on the number of blocks, as opposed a full history? Mine keeps clearing after a while.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline betax

• View Profile
Chrome, W10.

Buying, borrowing, selling (to myself) is all good. A bit confusing to see where your active orders are (until you see them). But I do understand the lack of space, vs extra headers.

The chart at the bottom, seems broken or needs some background colour. I only see the volume black lines.
Great :)

The chart at the bottom got fixed this weekend.

Agree about the open orders, we could add a header but I'm hoping we can keep it as clean as possible.

PS a shortcut for entering prices is to simply click on the depth chart, it will fill the buy/sell price with the price you chose. And you can also click on the order book, although I think we might run into some matching issues due to floating point math errors, would be nice to have some testing done of that actually.

I actually figured that out myself ;) So it is rather intuitive. Only thing is that if you change market direction usd/core <-> core/usd the same values are kept, which I don't know if is either good or bad.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads