Author Topic: Migration Guide for 1.0 to 2.0  (Read 14594 times)

Offline bitacer

I wrote the Full path name Users/../Desktop/..keys.json  and it worked thanks.

Offline bitacer

Yeah that did it thanks 

Offline bitacer

On my mac using 0.9.3c I am trying to export keys using the console . Do I just name the file or should it be with a path . Because for some reason I cannot find the file anywhere mentioned before. thanks guys.
In that case I would recommend a full path .. like /Users/<me>/Desktop .. or so ..

Ok I will try that , thank you.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
On my mac using 0.9.3c I am trying to export keys using the console . Do I just name the file or should it be with a path . Because for some reason I cannot find the file anywhere mentioned before. thanks guys.
In that case I would recommend a full path .. like /Users/<me>/Desktop .. or so ..

Offline bitacer

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I'm on Windows 10, updated wallet from 0.9.2 to 0.9.3c and exported the wallet by GUI and command line.  I'm getting an "invalid Format" when importing the command line back up file.  I've also tried with the GUI backup file... same results.
I'm using Chrome web browser primarily but I also tried it in I.E. and got same results. 
Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong or is this a bug that still needs worked out for Windows?

Thanks!!
I think you should add a suffix.Such as.Josn

Thanx wuyanren! But unfortunately I've tried that, along with various other ways, still with no luck.  Still keep getting "invalid format" error.
I even downloaded and installed the new Lite Wallet with same errors.
I've followed Xeroc's doc (Which by the way @Xeroc +10 on those!) for Exporting wallet to the "T" with the same results.  I'm using admin privileges correctly in Windows, so not sure what the deal is for getting these error messages.  It seems other Window users have been successful with their imports???

Could you open the exported file in notepad and send me the first few lines in a PM? Make sure to remove the content for all "encrypted_*"-whatsoever fields ..

Offline emailtooaj

I'm on Windows 10, updated wallet from 0.9.2 to 0.9.3c and exported the wallet by GUI and command line.  I'm getting an "invalid Format" when importing the command line back up file.  I've also tried with the GUI backup file... same results.
I'm using Chrome web browser primarily but I also tried it in I.E. and got same results. 
Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong or is this a bug that still needs worked out for Windows?

Thanks!!

Thanx wuyanren! But unfortunately I've tried that, along with various other ways, still with no luck.  Still keep getting "invalid format" error.
I even downloaded and installed the new Lite Wallet with same errors.
I've followed Xeroc's doc (Which by the way @Xeroc +10 on those!) for Exporting wallet to the "T" with the same results.  I'm using admin privileges correctly in Windows, so not sure what the deal is for getting these error messages.  It seems other Window users have been successful with their imports???
Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ

Offline wuyanren

• View Profile

Thanks!!

Offline emailtooaj

Thanks!!
Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
Great documentation! +5%
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline Thom

0.9.3c has two kinds of json files. (1) one from GUI export, (2) one from command line export. You cannot import (1) in Graphene. You should use (2). I am sure 0.9.3d will have identical json files with these two methods.

That's confusing. What puppies said also highlights a stumbling block, that "import_account" doesn't import balances. I also posted elsewhere concerning the expected migration. BM said on one mumble regarding migration that "you don't need to do anything if your balance is NOT on an exchange, everything will be migrated automatically for you".

If that is indeed the case it seems like xeroc's efforts to document a migration process is only important before Oct 13. And in that case the process is rather cumbersome. In my case I found a balance and followed xeroc's guide for importing the balance but it didn't work. I posted the error I received here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,18717.msg240991.html#msg240991. So far nobody has replied with why.

Believe it or not I have yet to fire up the GUI. I've built it, but my focus has been on the witness / cli code and just haven't taken the time to do it.

Am I to understand that there is also a graphene web wallet (GUI) at https://graphene.bitshares.org/ ? Does that use the testnet or a separate network of witness nodes dedicated for GUI testing? I suspect the later, as I have not seen any posts that coordinate efforts between GUI testing and testnet testing, and I would think clayops "spam" tests might make it difficult to work through a GUI test plan.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
correct, the GUI backup is the old one... it's better to advice people to use the console
agreed ... gonna deploy a new version today ..
+5%

the problem persist only for the windows version?

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
correct, the GUI backup is the old one... it's better to advice people to use the console
+5%
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
0.9.3c has two kinds of json files. (1) one from GUI export, (2) one from command line export. You cannot import (1) in Graphene. You should use (2). I am sure 0.9.3d will have identical json files with these two methods.
The purpose of the "c" release was to put the correct backup function into the main menu bar .. However, the windows binaries did not include that patch :(