Author Topic: No Affiliate System at launch  (Read 11759 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
We will work out a referral program for bitshares.org that will see to it you get rewarded downstream by forwarding the r=? args to the partner sites that the user eventually selects.
Ah .. thanks for highlighing this to me .. it seem openledger.info currently does not track the r=? parameter .. I told ronny to shed light into this and this was his answer:
[19:46:43] Ronny  Boesing: and if not of course I am interested, then we just need to find out how to work it

TL;DR; this will come .. maybe not at launch though!

Offline mint chocolate chip

We will work out a referral program for bitshares.org that will see to it you get rewarded downstream by forwarding the r=? args to the partner sites that the user eventually selects.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
you guys are mixing things up ..

the referral system is there already and READY TO GO ..

what you will not be able to do right now is: you refere to openledger.info with r=foobar and get credited for the referer ..
that simply is not yet implemented since it needs to be done in a separated backend ..

//edit: and btw .. that is an **voluntary** feature of the exchange (e.g. openledger)

but will work with bitshares.org?

if that's the case, then I probably misunderstood bytemaster in the mumble.

bitshares.org will not host a web wallet .. (for legal reasons) .. that's why the cooperate with ronny .. he also has a money transmitting license

thanks. then my question remains valid

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

what you will not be able to do right now is: you refere to openledger.info with r=foobar and get credited for the referer ..
that simply is not yet implemented since it needs to be done in a separated backend ..

//edit: and btw .. that is an **voluntary** feature of the exchange (e.g. openledger)

bitshares.org will not host a web wallet .. (for legal reasons) .. that's why the cooperate with ronny .. he also has a money transmitting license

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
I await the newmine FUD thread on BCT linking to this thread.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
so the question is, is cryptonomex going to be the default referrer for all new sign-ups until there's an actual affiliate system up and running?

I'd expect the referral set to bitusd fee pool or something meaningful until there is a chance for competition.

I thought there was some special account that these fees go into. And the funds from which can be dispersed by a vote or  by the 'committee for changes'' '  decision or something.

Is this account also not available at launch?
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline mint chocolate chip

If that is the case, much disappointment.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
so the question is, is cryptonomex going to be the default referrer for all new sign-ups until there's an actual affiliate system up and running?

I'd expect the referral set to bitusd fee pool or something meaningful until there is a chance for competition.

edit:

question answered

The Affiliate System will be available by the end of the week.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 07:02:30 pm by fav »