Author Topic: BitShares X Status Update  (Read 260889 times)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
I am *strongly* in favor of only displaying BitUSD as well as prominent warnings that BitUSD is not USD and cannot be used as legal tender like USD can.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline super3

• View Profile
Great start. I was dreading doing this all via command line.

Offline lakerta06

Well, so long as someone else is willing to take over the short positions.... 

I think the way I will solve all of these fee issues is to accumulate BitUSD and simply sell it into the market at the highest bid and take the BTS received and destroy that.  Keep things simple and restore balance to the force.

I tought we did not use force here.  :) balance to the source maybe? ;D

Offline coolspeed

• View Profile
    • My Blog
in the GUI USD stand for "BitUSD", right? then why not use word like "BTU" instead to avoid misleading user?

Ripple also displays RippleUSD as USD.
The only problem is, the price of bitUSD floats around the price of 'real' USD.
But Ripple also does not suggest the risk behind RippleUSD vs 'real' USD.

So does btc38.com.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 08:01:14 am by coolspeed »
Please vote for  delegate.coolspeed    dac.coolspeed
BTS account: coolspeed
Sina Weibo:@coolspeed

Offline gulu

• View Profile

I think the way I will solve all of these fee issues is to accumulate BitUSD and simply sell it into the market at the highest bid and take the BTS received and destroy that.  Keep things simple and restore balance to the force.

I would be much more comfortable with this approach.
BTC: 1FRsgcQELHKFY2VMFosBnyBaNxZgS4wj7x
PTS: Pf9yDYUknXShepu6YjwSEpMvm1ewNQLNgE
BTSX: gulu

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
in the GUI USD stand for "BitUSD", right? then why not use word like "BTU" instead to avoid misleading user?
Email:bitcrab@qq.com

Offline yellowecho

I like how its nice and simple :)
+5% the layout reminds me of a clean BTC-E without the trollbox  ;)
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline jae208

• View Profile
I like how its nice and simple :)
Maybe a little bit a blue would be nice
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline Benkit

• View Profile

Offline yellowecho

I dig it  8)
And it'll only get better from here..
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline bytemaster

With respect to the GUI... Nathan lacks some domain specific knowledge and so don't cringe too much at some UI elements, he will be able to fix them once he learns what the domain better.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

I thought I would update everyone on our GUI development.   We have been working with a bright developer named Nathan who has put together a large amount of a basic GUI for the BTS wallet.  He still has some work to do, but his progress is still significant.

It isn't quite the interface I would have designed, but is certainly a step up from the command line and we will enhance it as time progresses. 
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi

That is what I already do.
I mean sell all the backup xfs with same price: (amounts of short position)/(amounts of backup xfs)
Then will not generate short position without backup xfs.
From these,  the amount of bitusd always equal the amount of short postion.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 03:59:33 am by alt »

Offline bytemaster

You should do the same for margin call  :D
simply sell backup xfs into the market  and take the bit assets received and destroy short possition.

That is what I already do.

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi

You should do the same for margin call  :D
simply sell backup xfs into the market  and take the bit assets received and destroy short possition.