Author Topic: Support Forum Tipping  (Read 14291 times)

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
1/3/14
slow day today

1 to arcke
2 each to me and ripplexiaofan
3 to barwizi for taking initiative
2 rolling over

final balance ~4.5
tx id: 2004f8bd10ad24e0f513fd6d1a7ab211124897965242bc030791ef46191f5fb1

----

(I haven't been tipping dan/stan, should I?)

In my opinion you should be tipping Dan/Stan

Haha, they absolutely deserve it, but tipping your boss is weird...
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline onceuponatime

1/3/14
slow day today

1 to arcke
2 rolling over

final balance ~4.5

----

In my opinion you should be tipping Dan/Stan

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
1/3/14
slow day today

1 to arcke
2 rolling over

final balance ~4.5

----

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum
The only applicable boards are the foreign language boards. Any english support threads will be moved to Technical Support, assuming amazon is ok with giving me global mod.

Since I can only understand Russian and Spanish I'll need help with checking the status of support threads in other languages (for example, I need to know which of ripplexiaoshan's support threads have been resolved and which haven't).

I think we should keep funds in one help address rather than splitting funds up preemptively for subforums. This unfortunately means that foreign language boards will have to keep me posted about various support threads. This can be made less annoying by reporting threads in batches, maybe groups of 4-5.

Sure, I am glad giving you global mod and also assuming master won't mind. It will be much easier for you to move topics. I have contacted Ripplexiaoshan about Chinese board mod, I will also help there.

You may find one or two more mods for the board if you think necessary. As global mod, you will be able to create child board for Technical Support.
Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline 029xue

• View Profile
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 09:11:14 am by 029xue »

Offline toast

• View Profile
I will be updating the OP with payouts, so we can keep the thread clean for discussion. First payouts coming shortly.

Edit: nvm, it won't scale to keep it in one post. Perhaps I will start a google doc when we're a bit more organized, for now I will log things here.

I don't think keeping track of individual threads is a scalable solution. The first problem is that multiple people could help per thread, and suggested solutions are often as valuable as the one that ends up getting it right. The second problem is that for some threads it is not clear if the problem is still unresolved or if the OP just hasn't responded.

For now, I will just use my best judgement. I welcome feedback. Please don't hesitate to let me know if you think I missed a good deal of effort.

I will exclusively use the term "tip" from now on so to reduce the expectation of perfectly justified support payouts and encourage people to be helpful without expecting guaranteed payment.

---
1/2/2014

Today's payouts are 2.5 PTS each to toast, ripplexiaofan, and Amazon. This leaves (2.5 - tx fee) rollover.
Tx id for payment to me and ripplexiaofan: 6ce1feaead10b61b90e7e3cdbf6f14c05cd214f3d883a29861876cc4bb2c1a54
Waiting on Amazon to give me an address. Edit: got it, tx id: 82ab14cdfb86086db45cf37c03072256d61c3c9423cd4dc9dae06dce3d61bb9f

edit: 0.01 PTS that I intended as a tx fee got sent to a change addr. You'll see it reappear with amazon's transaction.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 07:08:23 am by toast »
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
I agree, any technical post here will be guaranteed to be answered. Is it possible that questions in other sub forums be moved to here without affecting the questioner? So that similar answers can be the reference for later people. If so, who has the permission?   

I have the feeling most of us who can deliver support do so on any board. When I am capabale of answering anothers question I generally do so to the best of my ability. For now I think it is best if we all pick up issues on all the boards as they appear instead of restricting ourselves to specific boards.

I agree, I created this board more for people who have questions.  You can and should support everyone everywhere everytime and moderators should move new topics that are technical support requests to this thread to help out.

Offline toast

• View Profile
The only applicable boards are the foreign language boards. Any english support threads will be moved to Technical Support, assuming amazon is ok with giving me global mod.

Since I can only understand Russian and Spanish I'll need help with checking the status of support threads in other languages (for example, I need to know which of ripplexiaoshan's support threads have been resolved and which haven't).

I think we should keep funds in one help address rather than splitting funds up preemptively for subforums. This unfortunately means that foreign language boards will have to keep me posted about various support threads. This can be made less annoying by reporting threads in batches, maybe groups of 4-5.

Offline bytemaster

The customer here are the poor people coming to our forum for help.  We need to adapt to them and not expect them to adapt to us.   
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

I have the feeling most of us who can deliver support do so on any board. When I am capabale of answering anothers question I generally do so to the best of my ability. For now I think it is best if we all pick up issues on all the boards as they appear instead of restricting ourselves to specific boards.

I agree, I created this board more for people who have questions.  You can and should support everyone everywhere everytime and moderators should move new topics that are technical support requests to this thread to help out.   
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Good suggestion, but then how we can evaluate the work quality of each volunteer? If we have to post the link here to prove we helped people every time, that will be very annoying, especially when more and more members and questions emerge. I like answering questions, but I prefer making it a volunteer-tip way instead of work-paid way.

Offline arcke

• View Profile
    • Diaspora
OpenPGP: 0x22d7e9cc35375665
PTS - PawnbhoiXhmkrKJEPAsCiwkpP81nRXJGTD
Diaspora profile - https://pod.orkz.net/u/arcke

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
I also answered 4 or 5 questions in this sub forum https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?board=4.0

I propose that we distribute all the subforums to the volunteers firstly,like forum moderator, so that each volunteer are responsible for all the questions in that particular sub forum.  Then the total PTS can be given depending on the workload. We may shift now and then, cause the subforums are not evenly popular.   

Offline hasher

• View Profile
im in, but on volunteer base, without tight schedule.)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 11:18:01 pm by hasher »

Offline arcke

• View Profile
    • Diaspora
Maybe split it up at the end of the day. This way the 10 daily PTS will never fall short.
OpenPGP: 0x22d7e9cc35375665
PTS - PawnbhoiXhmkrKJEPAsCiwkpP81nRXJGTD
Diaspora profile - https://pod.orkz.net/u/arcke