Author Topic: Can't import out of 0.9.3c -- OpenLedger says "Invalid Format"  (Read 1691 times)

chryspano

Well the import from 0.9.3c option "seems" to work...it has me enter my password and tells me all my accounts and keys and asks if I want to import...but for some reason it says I have no unclaimed balances, but I should definitely have some from the merger days. And after I click import...it tries for like 5 minutes before Chrome just crashes on me.

This is gonna be fun.

Maybe the no balances is for assets? I saw something similar under my accounts and number keys.

If you get a pop up menu asking you to "terminate" or "wait" and you choose "wait" (a couple of times!) I think that you can make progress.

I have 31000 keys and I'm waiting for almost 20 hours so far... Loading balance claims....
My imported account name is there but it's empty so far.

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
I don't know how "existing accounts" works, I just created a new account and then the option "import keys" became available to me, btw if you have lots of keys be prepared for a lot of pain.

Well the import from 0.9.3c option "seems" to work...it has me enter my password and tells me all my accounts and keys and asks if I want to import...but for some reason it says I have no unclaimed balances, but I should definitely have some from the merger days. And after I click import...it tries for like 5 minutes before Chrome just crashes on me.

This is gonna be fun.

chryspano

If you are using the "Import Keys" in Openledger I think you are doing it right.

Well since I haven't yet "created" an account in openledger yet, my options seem a bit limited. I click "existing accounts" near the bottom of the page where it asks me to create an account, then I click "Import Backup" because it says "Import your BTS 2.0+ BACKUP first (if you have one)", so I'm assuming I don't want to click "import from BitShares 0.9.3c"...or wait do I want to click that since I don't have a 2.0+ backup yet?

Hmm...

I don't know how "existing accounts" works, I just created a new account and then the option "import keys" became available to me, btw if you have lots of keys be prepared for a lot of pain.

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
If you are using the "Import Keys" in Openledger I think you are doing it right.

Well since I haven't yet "created" an account in openledger yet, my options seem a bit limited. I click "existing accounts" near the bottom of the page where it asks me to create an account, then I click "Import Backup" because it says "Import your BTS 2.0+ BACKUP first (if you have one)", so I'm assuming I don't want to click "import from BitShares 0.9.3c"...or wait do I want to click that since I don't have a 2.0+ backup yet?

Hmm...

chryspano

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
I try to import backup from 0.9.3c that was exported using wallet_export_keys command and it just says "Invalid Format". Am I missing something obvious?