Author Topic: Keyhotee Founder ID Registration Process  (Read 83871 times)

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum

Thank you. I've translated this to Chinese forum. Waiting for the update!

Thank you for your contribution.
Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline crazybit

any update? can be released by today?

Offline yidaidaxia

• View Profile
Thanks for update. What if one person own two Keyhotee IDs, is it OK if he use the same identity?

This actually raised another question in my mind. If I have another persons information, what's stopping me from posing as someone else through Keyhotee? I mean like if I had my friends License and Passport/Social Insurance number and created a Keyhotee ID under his name? This would be easily done since you are aloud to have multiple identities.

No worry about this. The personal info. is just for strengthen your brain wallet security, will not be shared to anyone else, it's just in your wallet data. No one can see it and you could not show it to anyone, and even you could show it means nothing... In my mind, the Keyhotee ID is a new identity of everyone, no direct relationship to the real world identity and any other identities(e.g. ID on this forum) in the Keyhotee system itself.
PTS: PmUT7H6e7Hvp9WtKtxphK8AMeRndnow2S8   /   BTC: 1KsJzs8zYppVHBp7CbyvQAYrEAWXEcNvmp   /   BTSX: yidaidaxia (暂用)
新浪微博: yidaidaxia_郝晓曦 QQ:36191175试手补天

Offline yidaidaxia

• View Profile
When you launch Keyhotee for the first time you will be presented with the Profile Creation Wizard, this wizard will walk you through creating your brain wallet from which all of your private keys can be derived.  It is very important that you remember the information you enter here because it is not saved anywhere after your master key has been generated from it.  If you ever need to regenerate your master key you will have to provide the exact same information the second time. 

After your profile has been created you can create your first Identity under this profile by going to the following menu.

Which will bring up this dialog:

The display name is irrelevant and can be anything you would like as it will only show up on your computer.  The keyhotee ID should be the name you requested from us.   The Founder Code should be the PTS or BTC address we gave you to fund your ID.  If you paid for your Keyhotee ID through some other method and need your assigned code please contact Stan. 

Your public key is deterministic given your profile and Keyhotee ID. 

If you enter a valid ID / Founder Code pair then the status should display the dollar value of your contribution as of December 25th, 2013.  Anything else will display an error. 

Whether or not there is an error you can still save the identity and share the public key with your friends who you would like to email until we launch the Keyhotee ID blockchain which will allow you to mine your ID and look up others by ID. 

To add a new contact click the New Contact button, enter a display name and their public key. 

At this point you should be able to send and receive emails using the system.   

We know there are a lot of bugs and things that need improved.  This is an alpha release which means it is not intended for anyone but those who can tolerate crashes and want to help fix things.  It will get much better over the next month or two as our guys work through the issues and refine the user experience.

Right now this system is using a dedicated centralized server in place of broadcast.  This means we can shut it down as necessary to make fixes.  Your email sent through this system may be more secure than other systems, but again this has not been through a security audit and there may be bugs. 

Download links will be posted here once we work through deployment issues.  More info coming soon.

Thank you. I've translated this to Chinese forum. Waiting for the update!
PTS: PmUT7H6e7Hvp9WtKtxphK8AMeRndnow2S8   /   BTC: 1KsJzs8zYppVHBp7CbyvQAYrEAWXEcNvmp   /   BTSX: yidaidaxia (暂用)
新浪微博: yidaidaxia_郝晓曦 QQ:36191175试手补天

Offline dacer

• View Profile
Does the password field support UTF-8 or ASCII only?

Offline JustHayden

• View Profile
Thanks for update. What if one person own two Keyhotee IDs, is it OK if he use the same identity?

This actually raised another question in my mind. If I have another persons information, what's stopping me from posing as someone else through Keyhotee? I mean like if I had my friends License and Passport/Social Insurance number and created a Keyhotee ID under his name? This would be easily done since you are aloud to have multiple identities.
PTS: PjUAPsLu76Yi9516zFgHqtFYs2sBbAMwUx
Keyhotee: 7hQmwpf8ujy6h9jRkR7MPFqKNij3DrLifoDaemUUjaHLiUsy4g

Offline 520Bit

• View Profile
Accept BTC/XCP/MSC: 152oBitoBwHwxR5UpUQnsvWSFjYHkheDJk
PTS: PtPXhrP5jk8BPH5fFcPnBgNSrfmJ6DCFcW
PPC: PRT95iQEKUzJSb2XsPjLgdbyoSyKiDmyb9

Offline robust8

• View Profile

Offline bitshare007777

• View Profile

Offline sva_h4cky0

• onore dikeido
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: sva-h4cky0
i have some questions
1. is first/middle/last name case sensitive?
2. can i skip (leave blank) passport and license?
3. do i need to remember brain wallet key?
thanks  :)
天の道を行き、総てを司る! Ten no michi o iki, subete o tsukasadoru!

Offline logxing

BTS Account:logxing

Offline Kenof

• View Profile
Thank you Master for great news  :D

Someone in other thread commented that year should be shown with 4 digits, and I completely agree with this new approach. I still have a question about birth date format, is it YYYY-MM-DD or YYYY-DD-MM?

In some earlier screenshot I saw that YYYY-DD-MM format was used which is localized for US. I think the best approach is to use universal YYYY-MM-DD format.
Making life easier.

Offline DAY

• View Profile
Pls release urgently, thanks :D

Offline JustHayden

• View Profile
The day I see a download link for Keyhotee will be a good day.
PTS: PjUAPsLu76Yi9516zFgHqtFYs2sBbAMwUx
Keyhotee: 7hQmwpf8ujy6h9jRkR7MPFqKNij3DrLifoDaemUUjaHLiUsy4g

Offline heropzy

• View Profile