Author Topic: Would you Help BTS Community for Brownies?  (Read 6863 times)

Offline kuro112

There are quite a few problems with the concept of brownies as a standalone currency, the biggest of all i see is that brownie holders are encouraged to do just that, hold them, and using them as a liquid currency is somewhat frowned upon... honestly i think we have this backward, it should be completely liquid and used to pass through from good work -> bts -> btc

obviously this might strike some people as odd, I like the concept of holding brownies too and will always hold some no matter what happens, however I need to point something out... brownies will never become worthless. Freebie has THREE projects in the pipeline, the soonest to release is btstip, and we will be dropping massive portions of our equity on brownies because of the large support and backing from this community and the beyond bitcoin guys... personally im buying up a bunch of brownies and so are my team because we want to sell and distribute them as much as possible...

to that end we have two major focuses with the btstip and barterr projects were working on;

we enabled UIA TIPPING and UIA exchange markets

as of right now you can tip each other UIA, this is super useful for the liquidity of brownies, and as soon as barter comes out it will support a brownie-bts and btownie-btc market... hold your brownies, or sell them, either way you will be earning massive gains for participating in the concept because freebie will constantly be supporting and spreading them.
CTO @ Freebie, LLC

Offline fuzzy

The problem with paying in brownies, will be that there is a huge chance that they become worthless.  At least bts has a function and a business model.  Brownies were created out of thin air as a way for BM to keep track of people that he likes.  What happens as BM moves farther and farther away from bitshares?  What happens when we find out when the snapshot for identabit happened?  Brownies will take a big fall, and most likely become worthless unless there is another project that says it will drop on brownie holders.

I guess it is the risk people will take and getting something is better than nothing... hopefully it can keep beyond bitcoin afloat for a while longer.

I can assure you identabit will not be the last sharedropping on brownies.  Well at least that is the case for as long as I can help it.  (and likely the same can be said for all the people in this huge--and growing--list: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19643.75.html)

And I can help it...even moreso with the volunteers in our community onboard. 

The chance is not huge at all.  :P
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 04:10:13 pm by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
The problem with paying in brownies, will be that there is a huge chance that they become worthless.  At least bts has a function and a business model.  Brownies were created out of thin air as a way for BM to keep track of people that he likes.  What happens as BM moves farther and farther away from bitshares?  What happens when we find out when the snapshot for identabit happened?  Brownies will take a big fall, and most likely become worthless unless there is another project that says it will drop on brownie holders.

I guess it is the risk people will take and getting something is better than nothing... hopefully it can keep beyond bitcoin afloat for a while longer.

Offline fuzzy

Lately I've been thinking of alternative ways to keep BitShare's oldest movement. 

We at Beyond Bitcoin have worked tirelessly for nearly 2 years and have become a foundation for all the bitshares community to join in and get "inside information" as though they are part of the core dev team.  This is the only place where anyone can join and have a voice that is on level ground with everyone else--and a place where they can record and report live without being forced to show press credentials.  Or charged outrageous fees to join.  But these are not the only benefit offered.   

Over these years, we have had some who have worked with us for long periods of time and still others whose efforts have been interspersed and inconstant.  Yet they have worked and volunteered their time nonetheless.... 

Multiple volunteers have run beyond bitcoin since the very beginning of bitshares, and some were given small sums of bts funding via a delegate, but the delegate's pay did little to actually compensate them.  In fact many of those volunteers then even gave a substantial portion of their earnings to other initiatives, like minebitshares (now bunkermining). 

So we are the types of people who are not afraid to help others who are not part of "Beyond Bitcoin".  We represent a demographic that looks to Uplift Everyone! These selfless people have asked for very little and have given back far more in return...and for this reason, I have recently begun paying volunteers of bitshares' beyond bitcoin movement in brownies.  Not only this, but it is my full intention to work with project leads to begin looking at brownie holders as one of the most potent sharedropping targets in the ecosystem...perhaps second only to bitshares itself. 

With brownies, however, I no longer need to worry about paying our community with funds from a delegate or worker proposal and asking them to put those limited funds back into the community.  We can simply create value together...and the brownie supply will expand to reflect that value.

So if you are a person who has done a great deal of work for bitshares, and feel as though you sacrificed at great opportunity to yourself (aka working on something else with lower risk and higher reward) I see you as the foundation of bitshares...and I'd like to recruit and compensate you to help bitshares itself become a place where volunteers do not have to worry they will be overlooked. 

That is why brownies exist...for people like you. 

So now that I have opened a discussion to identify brownie holders, the next step is to for the first time open a discussion to identify those who would be interested in doing volunteer work for brownies(pts). 

If you are interested in this proposition, please post a reply here to let me know.  Shortly after you have done this, I will ensure to reach out to you personally to find out more details regarding your ideas and options.  Some people with big ideas that the community backs might even be given brownies to distribute for their own cause! Many quests will need done for many people in the bitshares ecosystem, after all, and I believe brownie lovers are in the perfect position to help all of bitshares--because they are its most selfless servants...they are a silent guild filled with the ranks of our heroes.   

So please post in this thread if you are interested in volunteering to help us, and we will coordinate to ensure you can--and will ensure you are given many hugs for doing so.  It is time to bring this to the next level everyone---and we only do this by leveling up every hero bitshares has...not by ignoring them and hoping they will force others to compensate for their work.  A free market is necessary, but taking care of those who generally work for a higher cause is also essential...and those people tend to be the ones who never ask.  I want to change that paradigm...because I think it is an important step in changing today's more macro level paradigm.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 03:25:07 pm by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D