Author Topic: Wow. That was a shitty day for bitshares  (Read 14613 times)

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
Price feeds in openledger are very biased. Why is that?

I think it has to do with whether that witness is using a weighted approach to price, and what sources are being used.  Not sure though. 
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline yvv

• View Profile
Price feeds in openledger are very biased. Why is that?

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy

I really don't think the price will instantly or magically increase. If it does, be suspicious of manipulative whales. What we all need to do is hit the ground and promote the hell out of this thing, fueling some greater adoption, and get the momentum rolling to where businesses and customers WANT to use BitShares for various functions. Then we will see the kind of sustainable growth that has been so elusive in BitShares (or crypto in general). It won't happen this week or next month. But in a few months or a year or two, our efforts should be rewarded.

Get on it, people. Promoting BitShares is a 'part-time job' now for all of us. Imagine working at Google (or insert your favorite startup success story here) when they first got started with the promise that your options might be worth a great deal more someday. And that your technology could make the world a much better place. We can make it happen.

^^ +5%  What @donkeypong said!

Offline xiahui135

• View Profile
i also find that once the price drop it will keep low for a long time.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Im not gonna lie. This consistently low price is depressing.

I really don't think the price will instantly or magically increase. If it does, be suspicious of manipulative whales. What we all need to do is hit the ground and promote the hell out of this thing, fueling some greater adoption, and get the momentum rolling to where businesses and customers WANT to use BitShares for various functions. Then we will see the kind of sustainable growth that has been so elusive in BitShares (or crypto in general). It won't happen this week or next month. But in a few months or a year or two, our efforts should be rewarded.

Get on it, people. Promoting BitShares is a 'part-time job' now for all of us. Imagine working at Google (or insert your favorite startup success story here) when they first got started with the promise that your options might be worth a great deal more someday. And that your technology could make the world a much better place. We can make it happen.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
These are good news and i am looking forward to their first design pitches. Moonstone looks still far away from launch. Any updated dates here?

How far the developments for an fiat on-ramp in USA? Is anybody on that right now?

Moonstone owes a lot of people a lot of money here

I talked with one of their members a few weeks and what I've been told is it should be around ~2 months, but imo we should expect a bit more because there are always unexpected delays.

If it does, it has now a chance of paying it back faster. The better UI they build, the more costumers they will get, the more they will benefit from the referral program and the faster they can pay back and keep a good image. So I guess it's in their best interest to build the best wallet possible.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
These are good news and i am looking forward to their first design pitches. Moonstone looks still far away from launch. Any updated dates here?

How far the developments for an fiat on-ramp in USA? Is anybody on that right now?

Moonstone owes a lot of people a lot of money here

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210

Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
did anybody got his game together to create a new wallet for bitshares? Get a team of 3-4 people, create the design and get some VC funding. There is so much money in Fintech! Do not say directly its for Bitshares.. I have seen www.number26.de with 50.000 new users in 4 months and www.cashcloud.com rised + $1 million EUR for a simple new bank interface, why not us?

I meet Sven Donhuysen (Founder of cashcloud) on a conference in Switzerland today and i will contact him again to look for synergies to add Bitshares as an additional technology. I think we need to be more public about the great technology we have with BitShares and what it can deliver to us all.

I think it is time for us now to step up again and to reach out. Don´t let BitShares stay an underdog for dreamers!

I believe Datasecuritynodes new thing is creating a wallet as well.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
did anybody got his game together to create a new wallet for bitshares? Get a team of 3-4 people, create the design and get some VC funding. There is so much money in Fintech! Do not say directly its for Bitshares.. I have seen www.number26.de with 50.000 new users in 4 months and www.cashcloud.com rised + $1 million EUR for a simple new bank interface, why not us?

I meet Sven Donhuysen (Founder of cashcloud) on a conference in Switzerland today and i will contact him again to look for synergies to add Bitshares as an additional technology. I think we need to be more public about the great technology we have with BitShares and what it can deliver to us all.

I think it is time for us now to step up again and to reach out. Don´t let BitShares stay an underdog for dreamers!

BitSapphire is doing the Moonstone wallet.

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210

Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
Im not gonna lie. This consistently low price is depressing.

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
This is the price we pay not only for high fees but also for hypes from the Devs for a release that still has bugs, is not user friendly, we have to re-imagine everything if we want to trade with leverage in the new system, rules to trade and how you get margin called are not explained properly and keep changing, no marketing, nanocards and other services promised months ago, not a single whale is supporting bitshares and the small people with few funds just lost everything..
I think re instating the confidence in bts will take another couple of years..It is so depressing.. I am just sad...

It was hard to hear, but in the recent interview Adam said exactly that. That basically the GUI is not user friendly, not polished and that Bitshares never quite gets finished before being put out there. I agree that hopefully some decent developer is going to build a great gui and get all the referrals, but as of today its simply not polished enough and its hard to hear.

On the other side, we have a great backend. Even Adam admitted thats its the best out there. That's perfect news. He wants to integrate it with his platform and from what i see on the forum, hes not sure how to do it and is kind of giving up.

I know we have limited resources, but it does reinforce this perception that we cant quite bring home the bacon with a polished, easy to use, easy to understand product. All our attention should be on the front end so that it works in all browsers, have an app in the AppStore and the GUI is as polished as poloniex. I love BMs teaser in the mumble and thats what he's good at. But i really wish we had a equally good front end built.

We have the substance....now we need a massive dose of style!  ;D

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
The reason why this really sucks is because bitcoin is rising so strongly... It makes us feel like idiots because we tried to be the smartest guys in the room and pick an alternative currency because we thought we had an inside track.

When I told my friends and family that I was investing in bitcoin, they thought I was an idiot destined to lose all my money.  I didn't tell them I invested in bitshares, since they don't know the difference.  All they know is it is some digital money.

Now they see bitcoin rising like an absolute monster while getting tons of media attention.  They go to me "Wow! you invest in the bitcoins right?  You must be doing awesome! Tell me more about these things!"

Little do they know that I actually bought into some other thing not bitcoin...  A thing similar but not the same that has lost tremendous value since I bought it.  So here we are.  We were right on the story that crypto would become immensely valuable, but somehow we managed to go broke in the process...That is the ultimate kick in the nuts!
I am happy to see you burned.hahahhaa.
sb.

It's good to see that you can be happy about someting :)

Offline Pheonike

"BitShares, the best DEX that no one can use"