Author Topic: Best Exchange Website  (Read 27360 times)

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin
Theres quite a difference between alt only exchanges and fiat to alt exchanges.
I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
We started a conversation about this yesterday... I believe MT4 is the best exchange for traders.  Here is a link to the conversation:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19763.0.html

As far as your other questions:

1. Fee System
-Most brokers trade with 0 fee's but expand the spread
-ECN brokers charge a fee (usually $40 per trade) plus there is a spread

2. Trading interfaces
metatrader 4 is the most accepted
think or swim
ninja trader
bloomberg

3.  Order Matching Rules
-Most broker match orders with their pool of funds, then move the order to the open market only if they don't have the liquidity (this is why they can charge lower fees, they attempt to match within their pool of customers)
-ECN Brokers place the order directly into the interbank market (hence the higher cost)
-Bitshares needs to incorporate stop loss and take profit orders for a 3rd party platform like mt4 to use
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 05:34:47 pm by lil_jay890 »

Offline bytemaster

Could someone create a poll (preferably on bitcointalk, but also here) that asks people to vote for the best exchange website. 

It would be great to have some real market research regarding which features people like, and which ones they do not.

We will be migrating BitShares GUI to copy as closely as possible the best interface out there.   We will also be copying the best fee system and best market rules.

Everyone seems to like poloniex margin trading, so we will adapt their rules unless Bitfinex is better.    Any help on identifying the best choices let us know.

We are going to stop trying to invent new market mechanics if at all possible and use what is proven to work.   So please help us identify places where our system deviates from the market-accepted solutions.

1.  Fee Systems
2.  Trading Interfaces
3.  Order Matching Rules

In other words, we want people to be able to use BitShares without having to learn anything new!
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.