Author Topic: UI Progress  (Read 5920 times)

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin
I would prioritise a troll box so we can all chat on the exchange instead and answer each others questions in real time.

this will be our customer service.
I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline wmbutler

• View Profile
    • Music City Bitcoins
  • GitHub: wmbutler
@donkeypong are you talking about the starred markets? Make sure you have the latest version because I think it's pretty simple at this point.
PTS: PnBVP1iLTsV6U8z4BeJYhF8jMpkLhtTi9r
BTS2.0: billbutler
There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I know but we shouldn't have to find the assets from the list on the other screen and then go to that market screen and type in the name. Why not have a direct link from the asset listing to its market? I'm getting used to going back and forth, but when I had a toilet malfunctioning in one bathroom, I got used to walking to another part of the house, too. That doesn't make it particularly user-friendly.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
If I may please make a couple suggestions.

The trading page is a little hard to navigate. Please add the ability to sort by volume, and/or an easy way to determine the most popular markets.

Also, on the My Wallet page that has all asset balances, it would be nice to be able to choose the asset that the value is displayed in. Right now it displays in BTS which is nice, but the ability to switch this to US dollars (or your local FIAT currency) would make it easier to assess the value of your holdings.

The "favorite markets" page is a disaster also. It's easy to touch one of those things and it disappears forever from your screen. How does someone add a new market?
Left hand side "Search market"
Enter base - most likely BTS
Enter Search - Spell the symbol correctly and fully
Use the plus sign to add.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

The trading page is a little hard to navigate. Please add the ability to sort by volume, and/or an easy way to determine the most popular markets.

Also, on the My Wallet page that has all asset balances, it would be nice to be able to choose the asset that the value is displayed in. Right now it displays in BTS which is nice, but the ability to switch this to US dollars (or your local FIAT currency) would make it easier to assess the value of your holdings.

The "favorite markets" page is a disaster also. It's easy to touch one of those things and it disappears forever from your screen. How does someone add a new market?

Offline mdj

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mdj
I just want to say - I love this proactive approach. Very good and exactly what's needed!

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
    • View Profile

https://www.decentralized.tech/ -> Market Data, Portfolios, Information, Links, Reviews, Forums, Blogs, Etc.
https://www.cryptohun.ch/ -> Tradable Blockchain Asset PvP Card Game

Offline svk

Just wanna say I really appreciate the energy and organization wmbutler has brought to the project, he's a real asset.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline wmbutler

• View Profile
    • Music City Bitcoins
  • GitHub: wmbutler
@xeroc possibly. I need to make sure that I understand the nature of the issues so I can actually help. I have a toolset for assisting with UX/UI but not as much when it comes to the technical underpinnings of BTS. I'll spend some time reviewing the graphene repo issues to attempt to wrap my head around it.

@Bhuz I understand your concern. I'd say being a witness is a long term play. I am expending real hours on a daily basis to improve the experience. In the past week, I easily invested 30 hours. I think the pay that I'm asking for is a token amount and is representative of my commitment to BTS. Oh, and thanks for the tip. Very good of you!

@fuzzy, to clarify, I did not fix those bugs (ok, I fixed a spelling error), but I did read through the 72 issues, classify them, organize them into sprints, talked daily with developers about process and kept them in the loop on progress and UX/UI'd potential solutions to problems. And, lastly gave 'em a slap on the shoulder for a job well done.

Hopefully I can get the proposal together. I left the private key to my server where I have the cli_wallet and home and I'm about to get on a very small boat to head down the Atlantic Coast. I'll send pics!
PTS: PnBVP1iLTsV6U8z4BeJYhF8jMpkLhtTi9r
BTS2.0: billbutler
There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not.

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Just brilliant! Excellent work! We need more of this kind of organisation around all products sets.

Offline btstip

• View Profile
  • BitShares: btstip-io
Hey Bhuz, your tips have been queued to get sent to...
  • wmbutler: 150 BTS
Curious about BtsTip? Visit us at http://btstip.io and start tipping BTS on https://bitsharestalk.org/ today!
Created by hybridd

Offline Bhuz

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bhuz
I think you are doing a great job and I am willing to support you and your proposal, but I also think you should definitely adjust your pay consistently with the current bts's economical situation...
500usd per month? I think it's way too high, also considering you are not coding right?

Just to let you know, witnesses's current pay is around 130usd per month, and that not considering the server's cost for the witness_node and any others seed_node and/or backup_node we are running. Actual witness pay is somewhere 0 to 50ish usd at current bts value... And that for being reliable and available all day everyday in case of necessity.

I am not saying that you should do it for free, of course. But maybe all current works that are not about actually coding and build services and stuff, should have a medium/high percentage of volunteer in it, for now.

Anyway, just my 2cent.

#btstip wmbutler 150 BTS

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
I'll vote for this! Progress management and UX/UI  +5%

Offline fuzzy

All,

About a week and a half ago, the graphene-ui devs let me run an experiment with prioritizing issues and setting up milestones with weekly releases. I am happy to report that the team did an amazing job of knocking out 32 bugs and enhancements. One of my biggest concerns with Bitshares was the persistence of the same issues week after week. It is my goal to listen to requests on this board (and more importantly on the graphene-ui github site) https://github.com/cryptonomex/graphene-ui/issues.

I will make every effort to respond, clarify and prioritize features and bugs in an effort to make the bitshares2 wallet the best it can be. Releases will occur every Wednesday, with urgent fixes being released in between as required.

Here is the list of bugs that were fixed last week:
https://github.com/cryptonomex/graphene-ui/issues?q=milestone%3A2.0.151111+is%3Aclosed

Here is what the team is working on for the 11/18 release:
https://github.com/cryptonomex/graphene-ui/milestones/2.0.151118

I encourage you to discuss software issue on github. Get an account, it's free. Start an issue. Go slowly when explaining your issue. Do not bundle problems. If you have 3 distinct bugs or feature requests, create separate issues. Only submit the most pressing issues and really think through the urgency before posting. We are trying to triage those issues that hurt BTS perception. Once those are resolved we can move on to the all the other amazing features that are possible.

I will be submitting a Worker Proposal to serve as the Project Manager for the UI Team to help streamline this process and communicate needs / wants / priorities. I hope that you find value in what I am doing an you vote to accept my worker proposal. The text of the proposal is here and I will likely submit it to the blockchain for voting tomorrow.

Worker Proposal
https://docs.google.com/document/d/14d9bBAyUoB9wcBpFnYoGpE1MF0RnOwMKpF2Z8eh0QkI/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks for listening.

Nice.. Please contact me so we can get you on to talk about your worker proposal sometime after a hangout.

Approximately how long did it take you to fix those bugs btw?

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
+5% for your efforts ... and at least the same to the webdevs .. of course!!

Would you be willing to extend your efforts to the graphene repository as well?