Author Topic: A referral upgraded to LT, no cashback vesting for me.  (Read 10422 times)

Offline bytemaster

Everyone will be made whole with the proposed hard fork, the only consequence is a slightly delay in claiming your vesting balances between now and when the fix can be put in place.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
Accounts that have been referred and misconfigured cannot be corrected, all
future referral fees from those accounts will be stuck at 0.6%.  We are doing
an audit of what the potential losses are of future referral income from those
accounts and will come up with a fair resolution for those who are adversely
affected.

That is very unfortunate .. especially for @fav. Anyway, to me this means that
the referral party can no begin, doesn't it?
Was it all referred accounts up to this point?

I think it is for referral accounts made through openledger. if you referred someone manually (CLI), I don't think this is an issue.
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

jakub

I'm not sure if this fix introduced another problem, but please see the membership tab for any newly created accounts by openledger-reg.

I'm seeing crazy values in the fee allocation table, like -2950% for registrar and 3000% for affiliate referrer. What is going on?

This will be fixed in today's GUI release.

@valzav , is there a dedicated forum thread where new GUI releases are announced?
If not, I think there should be one.

I've noticed that https://bitshares.org/wallet/ is already upgraded and I wanted to give some feedback but I don't know where to post it.

Offline valzav

• View Profile
I'm not sure if this fix introduced another problem, but please see the membership tab for any newly created accounts by openledger-reg.

I'm seeing crazy values in the fee allocation table, like -2950% for registrar and 3000% for affiliate referrer. What is going on?

This will be fixed in today's GUI release.

Offline mint chocolate chip

affected.

Was it all referred accounts up to this point?

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

not resolved I'd say

@bytemaster @xeroc

Offline gn1

• View Profile

I'm a BitShares enthusiast in Japan, spreading BitShares daily to the Japanese people through https://genxnotes.com. Help us grow bitJPY together, so that bitUSD/bitJPY market pair will become the most popular market worldwide! Imagine what kind of world it will become when we execute this.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
affected.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Ben has done a thorough analysis of what has happened and we have identified the problem as being two bugs that "hid" each other.

1.  The faucet was misconfigured (forgot to scale the percentage by 100)
2.  The GUI was misinterpreting the data (forgot to divide the percentage by 100)

The end result is that Open Ledger has been receiving 99.4% and the affiliate has been receiving .6%. 

We have taken steps to correct the faucet for all future accounts.  We are creating a tool to calculate the amount OL owes the various parties and will transfer the missing funds to them.

Accounts that have been referred and misconfigured cannot be corrected, all future referral fees from those accounts will be stuck at 0.6%.  We are doing an audit of what the potential losses are of future referral income from those accounts and will come up with a fair resolution for those who are adversely affected.

Once again, we apologize for the mistakes.  The good news is this issue was not a blockchain level issue.

thanks for the reaction.

Tuck Fheman

The end result is that Open Ledger has been receiving 99.4% and the affiliate has been receiving .6%. 

Accounts that have been referred and misconfigured cannot be corrected, all future referral fees from those accounts will be stuck at 0.6%.

:-\

We are doing an audit of what the potential losses are of future referral income from those accounts and will come up with a fair resolution for those who are adversely affected.

:)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Kudos to you for figuring it out swiftly. I'm not pleased with the commitee's proposed fee structure (which does not fully incentivize people to refer other users), but in truth, we should all be referring people to BitShares anyway. The more people use this, the better for all of us.

Offline bytemaster

Ben has done a thorough analysis of what has happened and we have identified the problem as being two bugs that "hid" each other.

1.  The faucet was misconfigured (forgot to scale the percentage by 100)
2.  The GUI was misinterpreting the data (forgot to divide the percentage by 100)

We have taken steps to correct the faucet for all future accounts.  We are creating a tool to calculate the amount OL owes the various parties and will transfer the missing funds to them.

Accounts that have been referred and misconfigured cannot be corrected, all future referral fees from those accounts will be stuck at 0.6%.  We are doing an audit of what the potential losses are of future referral income from those accounts and will come up with a fair resolution for those who are adversely affected.

Once again, we apologize for the mistakes.  The good news is this issue was not a blockchain level issue. 
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

unreadPostsSinceLastVisit

Cnx is the sole developer of bts (and holding copyrights).  Im doing business with them. Especially in this case since its based on their work/responsibility
wrong again .. they develop Graphene which has been licensed to BitShares under some conditions.
Hence, dealing with BitShares does NOT imply dealing with CNX

They're right. The way it was structured was made abundantly clear during the ensuing panic after CNX was announced.

A bug could wipe out half the BTS in existence and CNX wouldn't be responsible for it.

Luckily, if something like that were to happen BitShares the DAC could vote to restore all the funds from the bug retroactively.

Offline bytemaster

My apologies for not seeing this thread earlier. If cashback is not being calculated properly then we can fix it retroactively in all likelihood.

I will review the posts above and attempt to determine if something is actually wrong, explain what is happening and why, and if necessary we will put out a bug fix hardfork at no cost.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
I do not think I will vote for paying workers if this means current issues are totally disregarded.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.