Author Topic: Pre-order a Keyhotee ID  (Read 18698 times)

Offline bytemaster

Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Pocket Sand

• View Profile
Are the pre-orders over now?

Offline infovortice2013

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares en español
  • BitShares: traderx
New Keyoteeid: 5rUhuLCDWUA2FStkKVRTWYEqY1mZhwpfVdRmYEvMRFRD1bqYAL
new08/21 id 5Sjf3LMuYPSeNnjLYXmAoHj5Z6TPCmwmfXD6XwDmg27dwfQ

Offline stuartcharles

• View Profile
No problem

Thanks bytemaster, you and all fellow enthusiasts have yourselfs a great holiday and im sure 2014 will be fun for all of us in cripto land.

Offline Bitcoin3D

• Follow me: https://twitter.com/Bitcoin3D
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcoin3d
Can someone explain to me how this signup works. I have registered twice now but dont get any email with instructions for how to bid. What am I doing wrong? http://invictus-innovations.com/founder-sign-up
Bitcoin address: 19uYMBnPFsho8HDKMedtHP4gLgjoD1q34F

Offline rysgc

• View Profile
    • DACZine.com
No problem

What does that mean?

I guess it's the answer to stuartcharles's question
DACZine.com - Receive all the latest DAC and BitShares community news straight to your inbox. Signup here or Submit news

Offline pvaladares

• View Profile
PTS : PkbJAm9uxuGgC9n2NVwWYs8bvX3Mj8uAg3 | MMC : M91vp33SSVBG7N3X9CbrgMcwSBxTDQeDAb
BTC : 1CrAkkYZrVCnwDKSBw3bcnMSYMakEhfB6N
Trade BTC/PTS @ cryptsy.com

Offline bytemaster

No problem

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline stuartcharles

• View Profile
I have sent my payment today. It was sent from two different wallets because i had a problem opening my main one. Is that a problem?

Reply anyone?

Offline stuartcharles

• View Profile
I have sent my payment today. It was sent from two different wallets because i had a problem opening my main one. Is that a problem?

Offline bytemaster

Ids are not transferable

Offline bjnetbee

• View Profile
Is it a method to change the private Key of a Keyhotee ID ?Beacase  I maybe want sell My Keyhotee ID later。Thanks!

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

... Ideas short of the obvious mark on forehead or hand,  I presume. Technology as useful as this risks being embraced and extended for evil. Azazel's punishment was for providing man with knowledge which enabled divisiveness. Each gift strengthened the individual; and through division,  conquest. Hopefully the situation is nowhere similar,  and this is only man acting to liberate from evil. The future has been foretold,  He will return with sword to defend as man is not so equipped.

To the topic at hand,  no form of key guard is immune. The best keys are for locks that are not known to exist. Fingerprints and dna are God's examples of unique identifiers. Is it possible to hide the lock rather than the key? The key is used in special ways to find locks that then offer a key challenge. A seed to the key begins the discovery. The seed is a simpler combination of information that forms a map into the key. I don't have the answer for you either,  but hopefully this will be inspiration for your journey. To you,  these would not seem as riddles.

Indeed.  "Admiral, if we go "by the book", like Lieutenant Saavik, hours could seem like days."
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Liberty

• View Profile
Because the purpose of Founder's IDs is to be generous and get credit for your contribution for starting this whole thing.   It is more of a reward for donation than anything else.

That makes sense.  Thank you  :).  I'll be donating.  I watched the short Youtube video on the idea behind the Keyhotee ID and think it has a lot of merit.  If I get my chosen name cool otherwise I'll just be happy I played some small part in seeing this grand plan come to fruition.

I do have some concerns but they probably aren't any different than what others have expressed in forum posts I haven't delved into yet.  Please don't feel the need to respond if this is being discussed elsewhere; I'm mostly just musing.  The Keyhotee ID creates a single point of failure.  If for whatever reason my password/private key is compromised my entire online self is compromised.  Currently if, for example, Amazon.com gets hacked my exposure is relatively small.  Though I suppose one could create several Keyhotee Ids and use one for banking, another for online shopping, another for online forums, etc. but that seems counter to the vision of an ID as a brand and single sign on for our whole internet experience.

The single point of failure is a MAJOR challenge.   It is simultaneously the most secure and most subject to catastrophic failure.   To mitigate this we are trying to build this in layers.   Your Profile which may have multiple Keyhotee IDs within it, is derived from a laundry list of identity information that is hard for the common criminal to gain access to and yet you should always have access to.  Governments of course also have access to most of this information.

Then we add a 'brain salt' to this laundry list of information which is your 'long password' and required to recover your account from scratch.  It should be something long, but easy to remember such as a poem you wrote or that you write down and backup in multiple locations perhaps divided.

All of this information generates your master profile key from which all of your other keys are derived.   This master key is then stored on disk protected by a common 'easy' password that must be entered every time your start Keyhotee.   We are considering options for key-logger resistant entry of this password.   

So that is what we have come up with so far, we will be seeking ideas for improving that as time goes on.

... Ideas short of the obvious mark on forehead or hand,  I presume. Technology as useful as this risks being embraced and extended for evil. Azazel's punishment was for providing man with knowledge which enabled divisiveness. Each gift strengthened the individual; and through division,  conquest. Hopefully the situation is nowhere similar,  and this is only man acting to liberate from evil. The future has been foretold,  He will return with sword to defend as man is not so equipped.

To the topic at hand,  no form of key guard is immune. The best keys are for locks that are not known to exist. Fingerprints and dna are God's examples of unique identifiers. Is it possible to hide the lock rather than the key? The key is used in special ways to find locks that then offer a key challenge. A seed to the key begins the discovery. The seed is a simpler combination of information that forms a map into the key. I don't have the answer for you either,  but hopefully this will be inspiration for your journey. To you,  these would not seem as riddles.

Offline bytemaster

Im looking to purchase a keyhotee id as I would love to support the concept  but after my reading there is still something I dont understand.  What exactly are investment points? Are accumulated investment points used for somthing or are they simply a way for others to measure the trustworthiness of an id? Thanks

They represent your commitment to an ID, the sunk cost invested in the ID.  Value you would be walking away from if that ID earned a bad reputation.

Offline bitriver

• View Profile
Im looking to purchase a keyhotee id as I would love to support the concept  but after my reading there is still something I dont understand.  What exactly are investment points? Are accumulated investment points used for somthing or are they simply a way for others to measure the trustworthiness of an id? Thanks

Offline bytemaster

If I was to donate 1 PTS and I choose a name that is unlikely to be chosen, will I get the ID when the auction is closed, or do I need to donate over 10 PTS to even get a name?

You need to donate 10 PTS.   Names can be mined on a first-come first-serve basis after the genesis block so you can still get your name, you just don't get the benefit of having your name in the credits for the creation of Keyhotee. 

Offline GotExams

• View Profile
If I was to donate 1 PTS and I choose a name that is unlikely to be chosen, will I get the ID when the auction is closed, or do I need to donate over 10 PTS to even get a name?

Offline bytemaster

Note... Santa is up for grabs if anyone wants to answer everyones dear santa Keyhotee Mail messages :)

Offline Lighthouse

• Making a Market in PTS since 11/06/2013
    • View Profile
    • Lighthouse Bulk Orders and Trusted Escrow (Closed)
The names are non-transferrable, so unless you plan to use the name there isnt much reason grabbing names you dont actually want just because they are "cool"
Before you say the price of PTS is too high, take a look at theThe Reason.  Protoshares are an entirely new type of Cryptocurrency, one that pays to hold.

Offline gnarl

• View Profile
I do not like the idea of a public list. People with excessive funds could just buy up all the cool names on the list.
I am certain that a couple I would register would cause a bidding war, so I would not add them until the last minute.

A web page with a search field that tells you if the name is taken and takes any bid would make this a little more fair and private.

Offline bytemaster

Because the purpose of Founder's IDs is to be generous and get credit for your contribution for starting this whole thing.   It is more of a reward for donation than anything else.

That makes sense.  Thank you  :).  I'll be donating.  I watched the short Youtube video on the idea behind the Keyhotee ID and think it has a lot of merit.  If I get my chosen name cool otherwise I'll just be happy I played some small part in seeing this grand plan come to fruition.

I do have some concerns but they probably aren't any different than what others have expressed in forum posts I haven't delved into yet.  Please don't feel the need to respond if this is being discussed elsewhere; I'm mostly just musing.  The Keyhotee ID creates a single point of failure.  If for whatever reason my password/private key is compromised my entire online self is compromised.  Currently if, for example, Amazon.com gets hacked my exposure is relatively small.  Though I suppose one could create several Keyhotee Ids and use one for banking, another for online shopping, another for online forums, etc. but that seems counter to the vision of an ID as a brand and single sign on for our whole internet experience.

The single point of failure is a MAJOR challenge.   It is simultaneously the most secure and most subject to catastrophic failure.   To mitigate this we are trying to build this in layers.   Your Profile which may have multiple Keyhotee IDs within it, is derived from a laundry list of identity information that is hard for the common criminal to gain access to and yet you should always have access to.  Governments of course also have access to most of this information.

Then we add a 'brain salt' to this laundry list of information which is your 'long password' and required to recover your account from scratch.  It should be something long, but easy to remember such as a poem you wrote or that you write down and backup in multiple locations perhaps divided.

All of this information generates your master profile key from which all of your other keys are derived.   This master key is then stored on disk protected by a common 'easy' password that must be entered every time your start Keyhotee.   We are considering options for key-logger resistant entry of this password.   

So that is what we have come up with so far, we will be seeking ideas for improving that as time goes on.

Offline Riverhead

Offline bytemaster

There are currently ~70 Founders, however only about 25% have paid.

Cool, that's good to know.  I was thinking in thousands but I suppose this is still a pretty obscure concept based on an already obscure concept so the pool size is understandably pretty small.

You mentioned elsewhere about an earlier bid being worth more than a later bid.  I am not understanding the specifics of that.  Let's say I donate 15 PTS to get 'Riverhead' today and on December 23rd someone, for whatever reason, bids 20 PTS to also get 'Riverhead'.  Do I lose outright or does my early bid somehow count for more than their last minute bid even though it's worth 33% more?

I guess what I'm really asking is why donate now vs waiting until December 20th?

Offline Riverhead

Cool, that's good to know.  I was thinking in thousands but I suppose this is still a pretty obscure concept based on an already obscure concept so the pool size is understandably pretty small.

You mentioned elsewhere about an earlier bid being worth more than a later bid.  I am not understanding the specifics of that.  Let's say I donate 15 PTS to get 'Riverhead' today and on December 23rd someone, for whatever reason, bids 20 PTS to also get 'Riverhead'.  Do I lose outright or does my early bid somehow count for more than their last minute bid even though it's worth 33% more?

I guess what I'm really asking is why donate now vs waiting until December 20th?

Offline bytemaster

Nice, now it's cost 10 PTS!!!
http://invictus-innovations.com/founder-sign-up

That's just the minimum bid to enter the auction.  I see you have "testz" as your Keyhotee ID.  If I understand how this process works it's not yours until you're confirmed as the high bidder for the ID "testz" on December 24th.  Someone else can still get it if they outbid you. As the bidding is currently private you won't know until you lose. 

At least Stan has offered to email us to tell us if we lost and give us a chance to pick another name.  By the time we get to emailing about collisions the pecking order should be cast in stone and your second choice should stick.  My guess is you'd have to respond to the email in a short time because if the pecking order is set they can't offer the next in line to pick a new name in case you pick one someone lower picks thus generating another collision (though you could cause a new collision by bumping out someone lower rank than you with your new choice).

Maybe a public anonymous auction would be better to prevent such a scenario.  Or maybe there are few enough Founders that collisions will be rare?

If I have this completely misunderstood please set me straight.

Offline Riverhead

Nice, now it's cost 10 PTS!!!
http://invictus-innovations.com/founder-sign-up

That's just the minimum bid to enter the auction.  I see you have "testz" as your Keyhotee ID.  If I understand how this process works it's not yours until you're confirmed as the high bidder for the ID "testz" on December 24th.  Someone else can still get it if they outbid you. As the bidding is currently private you won't know until you lose. 

At least Stan has offered to email us to tell us if we lost and give us a chance to pick another name.  By the time we get to emailing about collisions the pecking order should be cast in stone and your second choice should stick.  My guess is you'd have to respond to the email in a short time because if the pecking order is set they can't offer the next in line to pick a new name in case you pick one someone lower picks thus generating another collision (though you could cause a new collision by bumping out someone lower rank than you with your new choice).

Maybe a public anonymous auction would be better to prevent such a scenario.  Or maybe there are few enough Founders that collisions will be rare?

If I have this completely misunderstood please set me straight.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 08:59:19 pm by Riverhead »

Offline testz

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
At the very least, I will email anybody who gets outbid on their first choice to give them one last chance to pick another name before we pour the genesis block concrete.  This would happen in the week leading up to New Year's Eve.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Riverhead

I am keeping that info private, people may not want their keyhotee ID tied to their real ID.

ok but a public list where i can for example see - bytemaster KEYT ID - funds 0.5 then it wouldn't tied to your real ID ... or iam just missing something? ... I guess that's what jan means ...

I will work on something like this after I finish the launch of ProtoShares.

Looking forward to this public list as well.  There are a few names I'm interested in paying the founder min bid for but if they are already taken by people with much higher donation thresholds than I can manage I'd rather know that in advance so I can either pick something else or try to outbid someone more in my league.  For the money/time involved in accumulating the donation amount at current difficulty I'd like to take some of the mystery out.

Also, if I donate X PTS for my chosen name (and alternative names) yet do not get any of them due to being out bid on all of them do I get my donation back, am I given a chance to try and pick something else, or am I assigned some random variation?  Is this detailed somewhere or still being worked out?

Thank you.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
I am keeping that info private, people may not want their keyhotee ID tied to their real ID.

ok but a public list where i can for example see - bytemaster KEYT ID - funds 0.5 then it wouldn't tied to your real ID ... or iam just missing something? ... I guess that's what jan means ...

ok cool thx a lot and BTW pls keep up good work ...
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline bytemaster

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline bytemaster

Offline jan

• View Profile
Excist there a public list with all Pre-Orders and founders etc. just curious about..
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star - F. Nietzsche

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
i am somehow excited to be among the first here ;-)

Offline bytemaster

I will email instructions once the beta of Keyhotee is out with details on how to redeem your ID.

Offline ken

• View Profile
Can you explain a bit about the process?

I applied for a Keyhotee ID.

I sent a payment in PTS.

What's next? Just wait till the New Year?

Offline bytemaster

We have had a large number of people attempt to reserve Keyhotee ID's such as  FirstNameLast4234   or  Name_Last34 or other obtuse forum handles that they have used other places on the internet.  I would like to remind everyone that you can pick very simple names such as:

"Q"
"Dan"
"Nick"
"Jan"
"Gavin"

These names are far easier to share with someone over the phone.  Which would you rather tell someone, "Keyhotee Mail me as bytemaster, B-Y-T-E-MASTER"   or "Keyhotee Mail me as Dan".   

Take the opportunity to reserve these easy, high-value names rather than fall back to the sacristy mentality of picking names that are longer simply because someone else got the name you really would like.

Offline bytemaster

As anyone who has been following Keyhotee and BitShares knows, we are building a decentralized block chain based ID system.  With Keyhotee ID you mine your own identity and the more you invest into mining your own name the more others will trust that it is not a sock puppet and the more you have to lose if it builds a bad reputation.   Keyhotee ID assigns names on a first mined first served basis after the genesis block and the registration date and renewal count follow that unique name everywhere.   These numbers can be used for all kinds of things as the Keyhotee ecosystem grows including:  automatic filtering and ranking of posts on forums,  spam filtering,  threshold for account creation, and as a weighting component in a growing web of trust.   

http://invictus-innovations.com/your-good-name

How long has your Brand been in business and what's it worth to you?

Every Keyhotee ID has a Born-On Date.  The date it was mined into existence in the Keyhotee ID block chain. The closer to the original Genesis Block, the greater the reputation value.  The more you have to lose if you ever have to start over.  The more likely you joined before the Bad Guys learned what an impeccable, incorruptible reputation would be worth in Keyhotee Free Space.

Every Keyhotee ID also has a Recognition of Contribution.  This is what your reputation is worth to you based on what you've invested into it.  Proof that your ID is not a sock-puppet of convenience. Think of it as your personal proof-of-work.  What support have you given back to make the Keyhotee ID ecosystem successful?  So far, there are only two ways to build your ID's lifetime Recognition of Contribution.

And one will be lost forever before Keyhotee goes live on New Year's Eve.

1) Be a Keyhotee Founder. Contribute something toward building Keyhotee Free Space for everyone else.

2) Be a Keyhotee Governor.  Contribute mining resources toward securing  Free Space for everyone else.

So here is how it works:  If you contribute money toward the development of Keyhotee you will receive many benefits that are not available to others.  Among these benefits are:

1) First Pick of Names prior to Genesis Block
2) Your names never expire
3) You earn Investment points equal to 1 normal name renewal for every .0005 BTC you contribute.  Normally it would take 1 year of constant mining to acquire about 8768 investment points, but founders start out with at least 500 investment points when the contribute 0.25 BTC or more.
4) Whenever your name appears in Keyhotee as a source or destination email address or contact it will be given special honored status.
5) Any future ways we can think of to honor the Keyhotee Founders, if you can think of cool benefits let us know and we will add them to the list.

Keyhotee has the potential to change the way we do secure communication and will allow us to send Bitcoin to a name.   What name do you want?

Referral Bonus

There is one additional way to acquire contribution points.  Refer others to the idea.  When you refer someone you get one additional contribution point for every contribution point paid for by the individual you referred.   Help us build the Keyhotee Development team so we can hire a full time developer to continually improve our decentralized email, chat, VOIP, and web of trust system.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 10:04:09 pm by bytemaster »