Author Topic: Would you Support "Worker" Proposals Paying to add Peercoin & Primecoin? (poll)  (Read 6092 times)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I think I like this. My main question would be which coin would be best? I'm really not sure that Peercoin is the next good one to choose. Yes, they are POS and their community is solid (and much closer to ours in many ways than other Top 10 coins). Back when airdropping was a thing, and we all discussed what coin communities made sense for a potential sharing, Peercoin came out very high in that discussion.

But what is our objective here? If it's publicity or volume, then why not go with the largest coins first, from BTC (got it) to LTC and on down? LTC and DOGE still have some utility because of mining. If you think of what's next in terms of market cap and publicity value, then maybe Ethereum.

Peercoin might bring a lesser quantity of PR, just because (frankly) I think most other people in crypto probably find Peercoin exceedingly boring. And that community is conservative/savings-oriented enough that I don't see it bringing much volume to the exchange.

Some other publicity suggestions:

"BitShares launches hostile takeover of NXT!"

"Take Gridcoin off the grid"?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 06:25:35 am by donkeypong »

Offline fuzzy

more MPA means more feeds for witnesses and more costs in general.

I'm against it, if a altcoin community sees value in our service, they will kickstart and pay the ~10btc (?) for it.

we don't need coins without a community in my opinion

So it wouldnt be worth it to bring on some of the biggest and best coins to be traded on our exchange?  I mean i canleverage my connections with sunny to make this hapoen and it would be historical and would likely provide far more in press coverage than if we directly paid 10 btc to press institutions. 

I mean, imagine...peercoin is the first POS coin in existence.  And this is potentially a huge story.

How much are we talking in costs to add 10 more coins over time?  And mind you it might not need to be 10 before we can get momentum.  However, it is important to realize imho that momentum sometimes costs more upfront than people want to pay...but i honestly dont see any of these coins wanting to pay 10btc to be traded on our exchange while we have low liquidity.  To me that is huge and this would be a way to grab the big players in crypto before the competition does. 

Thanks for the input and looking forward to your opinions.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 06:11:20 am by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
more MPA means more feeds for witnesses and more costs in general.

I'm against it, if a altcoin community sees value in our service, they will kickstart and pay the ~10btc (?) for it.

we don't need coins without a community in my opinion

Offline fuzzy

It is apparent bts needs liquidity in the internal exchange.  So while we are working very hard on bringing liquidity through the "Sharing" economy that will be created using ShareBits and other associated projects (many of which I cant really talk about here), I cant help but feel it is about time we begin looking to bring onboard other cryptocurrencies to have bitassets traded on our exchange.

For good reason, however, market pegged assets cost quite a bit...but early on while we try to gain traction, it is very important we make it very easy for other tokens to be added to our exchange.  The point i am making here is that until we have the top coins trading on our internal exchange, we should be careful to charge those coins' communities.

Once, we get the strongest communities onboard with us, our maketcap and liquidity wouldnt only significantly increase, but it would also highly incentivize other tokens to pay good money to be listed alongside them. 

So would you be willing to vote for worker proposals to pay for bitasset versions of, say, the top 10 tokens on coinmarketcap?  It would, of course, depend on the interest of those communities...but I would gladly approach them and even hold a hangout for the "ground-breaking" ceremony. 

Please vote in the poll above and let me know your thoughts.
So i would like to open up a poll and discussion on this idea. 

Am i missing something that makes this idea worthless or is it brilliant?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 05:25:24 am by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D