Author Topic: Stealth Transfers Worker Proposal  (Read 42853 times)

Offline bitacer

Democracy is an ugly bitch !

Offline bitacer

https://github.com/cryptonomex/graphene/issues/452

This worker proposal is under development but may be the single most important worker proposal in terms of near-term impact.

My "gut" tells me that crypto-diehards are looking for an easy to use ANONYMOUS currency and those of us that are freedom loving actually want and need this.  Our current lack of privacy is a turnoff to many in the crypto and banking world.

If we have the best of breed privacy then it will put us well ahead of the competition.  Hopefully helping pull us up to Dash.

This work is heavy on UI development and advanced Javascript so has a lot of unknowns.

I will pledge $1500 out of my own pocket towards this important upgrade to our system. If there are just 29 other community members who will do the same then it can proceed.

It looks like thats going to be the only way ...We need this vltal feature asap.

Offline onceuponatime

https://github.com/cryptonomex/graphene/issues/452

This worker proposal is under development but may be the single most important worker proposal in terms of near-term impact.

My "gut" tells me that crypto-diehards are looking for an easy to use ANONYMOUS currency and those of us that are freedom loving actually want and need this.  Our current lack of privacy is a turnoff to many in the crypto and banking world.

If we have the best of breed privacy then it will put us well ahead of the competition.  Hopefully helping pull us up to Dash.

This work is heavy on UI development and advanced Javascript so has a lot of unknowns.

I will pledge $1500 out of my own pocket towards this important upgrade to our system. If there are just 29 other community members who will do the same then it can proceed.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
I agree with Bytemaster that this is a much needed upgrade. Bitshares needs to stay on the cutting edge of cryptocurrency technology to succeed in the coming years. Financial privacy will become a standard feature of next generation cryptocurrencies vying for the top spot in the cryptocurrency wars, and it will serve Bitshares well to upgrade now rather than later. Bytemaster is correct in positing that strong financial privacy will help win over the die-hard cryptocurrency fanatics. Financial privacy, and in turn fungibility, are some of the biggest topics in the cryptocurrency community as of late and for good reason.

I know everyone wants more market and transaction volume sooner rather than later, but that is something that will have to grow organically. The non-developer part of the community is best served for that job, and thanks to the referral system businesses are getting staged for an all-out marketing blitz that will speed up adoption more than any development work could ever do. Let the stakeholders, community and businesses that stand to profit from adoption do the legwork as far as that's concerned, and let the programming wizards keep upgrading Bitshares so it can stay ahead of the competition in this very competitive market.

+5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% from me on this proposal

How do you feel about the bug that caused our "marketing blitzers" to lose almost all of their referral fees??  Maybe they would unleash a blitz and let the "wizards" code if they actually had a functioning referral system from said "wizards".

You can't keep finishing things 80% of the way.  This pie in the sky stuff needs to be put on hold until the exchange and referral system works.  It needs to be put on hold until an actual usable platform is available.  You could have all the bells and whistles in the world, but it wouldn't mean a thing if the underlying exchange sucks.

What is 80% of cutting edge?  That's like the sharpness of a baseball bat...

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
    • View Profile
I agree with Bytemaster that this is a much needed upgrade. Bitshares needs to stay on the cutting edge of cryptocurrency technology to succeed in the coming years. Financial privacy will become a standard feature of next generation cryptocurrencies vying for the top spot in the cryptocurrency wars, and it will serve Bitshares well to upgrade now rather than later. Bytemaster is correct in positing that strong financial privacy will help win over the die-hard cryptocurrency fanatics. Financial privacy, and in turn fungibility, are some of the biggest topics in the cryptocurrency community as of late and for good reason.

I know everyone wants more market and transaction volume sooner rather than later, but that is something that will have to grow organically. The non-developer part of the community is best served for that job, and thanks to the referral system businesses are getting staged for an all-out marketing blitz that will speed up adoption more than any development work could ever do. Let the stakeholders, community and businesses that stand to profit from adoption do the legwork as far as that's concerned, and let the programming wizards keep upgrading Bitshares so it can stay ahead of the competition in this very competitive market.

+5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% from me on this proposal
https://www.decentralized.tech/ -> Market Data, Portfolios, Information, Links, Reviews, Forums, Blogs, Etc.
https://www.cryptohun.ch/ -> Tradable Blockchain Asset PvP Card Game

Tuck Fheman

How about we go back to bitshares 0.9 where we had TITAN and didnt have to pay $45k for privacy features?

Oh by the way, if if the worker proposal passed you wouldnt get $45k out of it.  Try to sell tens of millions more BTS and you'll probably get less than half that because the price will be down under 500 sats.

You know whats doing great?  Nushares.
The are profitable and buying back 20-40btc of NSR per week, which bitshares devs want to get tens of millions of BTS for features that already existed in 1.0 that they took away, so they can dump them and crash the price even more.  Lol!

lulz welcome back Ander! =)

Soon the answer to this will be that we are here to watch NSR pass BTS market cap. :P

pimp it brother! you gonna b rich! =)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 12:41:27 am by Tuck Fheman »

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
How about we go back to bitshares 0.9 where we had TITAN and didnt have to pay $45k for privacy features?

Oh by the way, if if the worker proposal passed you wouldnt get $45k out of it.  Try to sell tens of millions more BTS and you'll probably get less than half that because the price will be down under 500 sats.

You know whats doing great?  Nushares.
The are profitable and buying back 20-40btc of NSR per week, which bitshares devs want to get tens of millions of BTS for features that already existed in 1.0 that they took away, so they can dump them and crash the price even more.  Lol!
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline montpelerin

• View Profile
At $45k dollars with other critical work needed, I remember, I'm just suggesting a different priority schedule.

Yeah, $45k does seem like a lot for basic personal safety mechanisms.

I have not and will not claim any of my balances until bitshares offers at least a minimal level of safety and security for basic users.

No voting, no tips, no etc. - I'm sure there are a lot of people like me in the same boat.

Allowing everyone to see every account balance is nothing short of dangerous carelessness.

How about we just add a little disclaimer about the possible risks assumed by high value bitshares users to our attempts to attract new users:

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
@montpelerin that was funny, havent seen that meme in a while.

Thing is, for 45k we can get something more useful. That's the problem. If you compare this feature with other stuff where the money could be used, there are better options under the current circumstances.

If you're on a tight budget and it's cold, are you going to buy that cool watch or are you going to buy a jacket to keep you warm?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

TravelsAsia

At $45k dollars with other critical work needed, I remember, I'm just suggesting a different priority schedule.

TravelsAsia

Not saying we shouldn't do it... we just have more important/pressing matters to work out.  I would say if we do the privacy thing, it should be a 2016 project.

I agree. I like the idea, however, I see it as a much lower priority.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Not saying we shouldn't do it... we just have more important/pressing matters to work out.  I would say if we do the privacy thing, it should be a 2016 project.

Offline topcandle

Under BitShares 2 you are completely protected from 3rd parties, but have slightly less protection from those you do business with.

...because they can prove a link between sender and receipient, therefore can leak the information, which is a fairly large hole. That's where ring signatures come into play.

I would rather have full privacy, than a halfway house - the bond market would be a better goal than a half way house,  IMO.
Is it really half-housed or just being practical?  I'm not sure.  But I think we should be thinking about what will happen 3 months out from now when Bitcoin has serious transaction problems.  When that day happens, people will be looking at altcoins, especially those that will protect your privacy.  Look at the chart that Mike Hearn posted today.  Are we ready to capture this moment?

http://imgur.com/Uo3vFvC