Author Topic: Openledger: Transaction was not signed. Do you have a private key? [no_signers]  (Read 12201 times)

Offline frikson

• View Profile
  • BitShares: frik6
I don't remember but I think that I downloaded BitShares 2.0, imported web wallet frik6 and then I created a openledger account frikson6. I guess I mistakenly follow frik6 account with frikson6 and now I could only see balance on frikson6; couldn't transfer or trade with this account.

Unfortunately, on my first day I transfered all funds from frik6 to frikson6  :-[

Thanks guys for your help, but obviously, with out private key I lost this account.

Lesson learned; backup wallet and save private key immediately.
Have you deleted your openledger wallet containing account "frikson6"? Otherwise you should be able to see your account there and access it with your passphrase:
https://bitshares.openledger.info/#/account/frikson6

No, I still have this wallet and I can access it, I just couldn't do anything

When I open this link, there is my wallet frikson6 but on the top (above my name) I have Create Account - Explore - Transfer buttons

I could send you or attach print screen of this wallet, if this would help

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I don't remember but I think that I downloaded BitShares 2.0, imported web wallet frik6 and then I created a openledger account frikson6. I guess I mistakenly follow frik6 account with frikson6 and now I could only see balance on frikson6; couldn't transfer or trade with this account.

Unfortunately, on my first day I transfered all funds from frik6 to frikson6  :-[

Thanks guys for your help, but obviously, with out private key I lost this account.

Have you deleted your openledger wallet containing account "frikson6"? Otherwise you should be able to see your account there and access it with your passphrase:
https://bitshares.openledger.info/#/account/frikson6

Offline frikson

• View Profile

Offline btstip

• View Profile
  • BitShares: btstip-io
Hey Tuck Fheman, here are the results of your tips...
  • frikson: has been credited 100 TIPSHARES
Curious about BtsTip? Visit us at http://sharebits.io and start tipping BTS on https://bitsharestalk.org/ today!
Created by hybridd

Tuck Fheman

Thanks for explanation.

The strange think is, that I could trade with this account last week, now I could't.

I have a brain key for this account, but as I already said, I don't have a private key.
Is there any way that I can use a brain key to solve this problem?

You've just stepped outside of my comfort zone with that one, so I'll let someone else tackle it. ;)

#sharebits "frikson" 100 TIPSHARES

Offline frikson

• View Profile
I notice that I have under my wallet name beside PAY button another button UNFOLLOW

I don't know why!

That's an account that you are "following", meaning the account is not in that wallet, but you are keeping track of it.

For instance, let's say it's your account. It's probably registered with an online wallet and you are viewing it in the lightwallet.

At some point you may have unknowingly selected, "Follow" (as I did) and so the account now shows up in the lightwallet (or vice-versa), but you can only view what it's doing, you cannot spend funds.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for explanation.

The strange think is, that I could trade with this account last week, now I could't.

I have a brain key for this account, but as I already said, I don't have a private key.
Is there any way that I can use a brain key to solve this problem?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
If you have a backup you could recreate the wallet with a new name and use your account again ..
I have a backup, I create I new wallet with new name but I can't import my old backup (invalid password)

I don't have a private key  :-[
How is your password invalid? are you sure you typed it in correctly? maybe mixed something up?

I notice that I have under my wallet name beside PAY button another button UNFOLLOW

I don't know why!
This essentially means that you don't have the required keys installed to access that account and its funds

Tuck Fheman

I don't know why!

That's an account that you are "following", meaning the account is not in that wallet, but you are keeping track of it.

For instance, let's say it's your account. It's probably registered with an online wallet and you are viewing it in the lightwallet.

At some point you may have unknowingly selected, "Follow" (as I did) and so the account now shows up in the lightwallet (or vice-versa), but you can only view what it's doing, you cannot spend funds.

Hope that helps!

Offline frikson

• View Profile

I don't know why!

Offline frikson

• View Profile
If you have a backup you could recreate the wallet with a new name and use your account again ..

I have a backup, I create I new wallet with new name but I can't import my old backup (invalid password)

I don't have a private key  :-[

Offline frikson

• View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline frikson

• View Profile
Hi,
I have the problem with bitshares.openledger.info:

- whenever I try to place an order to transfer my funds from one wallet to another I get: Not your account

- whenever I try to place an order to an exchange I get the error message, "Failed to broadcast transaction."
in red: Transaction was not signed. Do you have a private key? [no_signers]

- the key is grey, not clickable

A few days ago everything was perfect, I exchanged BTS for Obits with no problem at all.

I really need some help here!

Thanks in advance!