Author Topic: Help me Identify the Top 10 most harmful laws!  (Read 11509 times)

Offline DMo09

• View Profile

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
With apologies to our non US readers, I only know about laws here in the Land of the Free:

In no particular order:

Disarming a population without providing each of them a squad of full time body guards.
Exempting government officials from their own laws.

US Constitution (Article I, Section 8, Clause 3). This "interstate commerce clause" states that the United States Congress shall have power "To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes."  - Routinely used by the federal government to override the restraints on its powers by the rest of the Constitution -       ...Especially the 9th and 10th Amendments reserving those rights to the states or the people.

US Constitution - The Eighteenth Amendment (Prohibition of Alcohol).
US Constitution - Twenty Second Amendment (Should have limited U.S. presidents to zero terms).
Anti-supersizing of soft drinks.
The "Affordable" "Health" "Care" Act (Obamacare)
The "Patriot" anti-privacy Act (Bushcare)
FATCA - Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act
SEC v. W. J. Howey Co.
Dred Scott v. Sandford
Roe v. Wade (50,000,000 victims and counting)
New York BitLicense
Any law passed by the Federal government in 1913.
Any law passed by the Federal government after that.
Any rule passed by any Homeowners Association.
Romans 13:1-7

Um, why only ten?

« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 01:23:13 am by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline yvv

• View Profile
This is a question to lawyers. Check US states laws. There are a lot of stupid laws which came from Europe in 17th century, and they just forgot to cancel them.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Gambling
Prostitution
Minimum drinking age
Everything in the patriot act
Insider trading
Unlicensed selling of financial products

Offline bytemaster

I want a BitShares product that has a smooth and functional exchange interface, that will attract traders, that has an API which merchants can plug into, with a fully functional referral system that we can use to market the hell out of it.

It's close. Are we there yet?

I am going to moderate / delete all off-topic replies.  Leaving this one as a warning.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I want a BitShares product that has a smooth and functional exchange interface, that will attract traders, that has an API which merchants can plug into, with a fully functional referral system that we can use to market the hell out of it.

It's close. Are we there yet?

Offline well.attenuated

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bytemaster

I am looking for a list of laws that have the following characteristics:

1. Completely Unjust  (Victimless Crimes)
2. Probability of Getting Caught Violating the law is Low
3. Cost of getting caught is high
4. The penalty for getting caught is mostly financial
5. Have public sympathy for the individual prosecuted

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.