Author Topic: Crowd Donations for Mike Hearn Hangout  (Read 16088 times)

Offline btstip

• View Profile
  • BitShares: btstip-io
Hey fuzzy, here are the results of your tips...
Curious about ShareBits? Visit us at http://sharebits.io and start tipping BTS on https://bitsharestalk.org/ today!
Created by hybridd

Offline fuzzy

*Update*
Mike Hearn has responded to my email.  Thanks, btw, @CLains for sending a second one--it really cannot be understated just how important it is that even one other person supported this--it very well might have made us stick out from the crowd and I applaud CLains for being the only one to have the inner drive to send such a supportive message. 

With that said, though Mike declined at this time for the seeming reason that he didn't want to cause more waves than he already had.  However, we now have a direct link to contact him that we know works.  Also, we have him remembering the concept of "beyond bitcoin" just from seeing the email that he responded to.  In the future, these things give us a higher chance of bringing him onboard.  I responded to him telling him we greatly appreciate his bravery in bringing up topics we have largely felt outcasted for bringing up in the past and told him we understand how it feels to try to tell the truth to the community...not to hurt, but to help. 

With this said, however, if you donated to this and would like to sell back your COPPERTICKET and SILVERTICKET please feel free to send them back for a full redemption of BTS.  If you do not redeem them, I will likely use them as a growing pool of carrots with which to bring other High Profile individuals on to speak with us. 

As always, thanks for trusting me and thank you for the privilege of serving a community of core individuals who really do care about liberating tech.
If this can be done via this thread to help provide easy transparency, please do so.  If not, please post the link along with the amount you are sending back.

+5%

I like the carrot pool idea.. also, I sent some BTS but don't think I got a ticket :)
https://cryptofresh.com/b/2867237

we cant be afraid to do try until we make everything work so that is all i do.  glad to see support for the idea :)
also thanks for telling you I missed you.
#sharebits "roadscape" 1 SILVERTICKET
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 07:51:43 pm by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline roadscape

*Update*
Mike Hearn has responded to my email.  Thanks, btw, @CLains for sending a second one--it really cannot be understated just how important it is that even one other person supported this--it very well might have made us stick out from the crowd and I applaud CLains for being the only one to have the inner drive to send such a supportive message. 

With that said, though Mike declined at this time for the seeming reason that he didn't want to cause more waves than he already had.  However, we now have a direct link to contact him that we know works.  Also, we have him remembering the concept of "beyond bitcoin" just from seeing the email that he responded to.  In the future, these things give us a higher chance of bringing him onboard.  I responded to him telling him we greatly appreciate his bravery in bringing up topics we have largely felt outcasted for bringing up in the past and told him we understand how it feels to try to tell the truth to the community...not to hurt, but to help. 

With this said, however, if you donated to this and would like to sell back your COPPERTICKET and SILVERTICKET please feel free to send them back for a full redemption of BTS.  If you do not redeem them, I will likely use them as a growing pool of carrots with which to bring other High Profile individuals on to speak with us. 

As always, thanks for trusting me and thank you for the privilege of serving a community of core individuals who really do care about liberating tech.
If this can be done via this thread to help provide easy transparency, please do so.  If not, please post the link along with the amount you are sending back.

+5%

I like the carrot pool idea.. also, I sent some BTS but don't think I got a ticket :)
https://cryptofresh.com/b/2867237
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline fuzzy

*Update*

« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 12:00:52 pm by fuzzy »

Offline btstip

• View Profile
  • twitter: has been credited 50 COPPERTICKET
Curious about ShareBits? Visit us at http://sharebits.io and start tipping BTS on https://bitsharestalk.org/ today!
Created by hybridd

Offline fuzzy

for some reason, i still do not receive your asset.
pls check it for me once you have chance
Spring is belonging to twitter

#sharebits donkeypong 1 SILVERTICKET
#sharebits onceuponatime 2 SILVERTICKET
#sharebits onceuponatime 50 COPPERTICKET
#sharebits clayop 50 COPPERTICKET
#sharebits clains 50 COPPERTICKET
*need frozenfan's forum name*
*need spring's forum name*
*need zapply81's forum name*
*need panagiotis's forum name*

#sharebits twitter 50 COPPERTICKET

Offline twitter

• View Profile
for some reason, i still do not receive your asset.
pls check it for me once you have chance
Spring is belonging to twitter

#sharebits onceuponatime 50 COPPERTICKET
*need frozenfan's forum name*
*need spring's forum name*
*need zapply81's forum name*
*need panagiotis's forum name*

witness:

Offline fuzzy

Definitely not against that.  But the bot gives me the ability to put tokens in the hands of people who are developing blockchain technology and beyond bitcoin enables me to use that to try to bring him on by paying him so we can bring eyes. 

Building awesome stuff is also part of this, but I would love to bring attention to bitshares and some of the solutions we have available if only we can get more people looking at our project and what it can do.  If we can get other devs here then it is even better and now I have tools to help bring the community together around these ideas. 

With that said, don't think that I don't bring people on who are building things.  We have had hangouts the past few weeks with kencode and he is building OPENPOS with Chris4210. 

I get your point, but just disagree I suppose.  Glad we are still allowed to do that! 

Offline Xypher

• View Profile
@fuzzy thank you. I will send you 2,000 later today.

Regarding the list I would like also Andreas Antonopoulos.

He has done an extremely good job helping Bitcoin in many ways,

however he is too bitcoin centric, everything other than bitcoin isn't good for him. He sees bitcoin in a pedestal and doesn't accept the idea of any other cryptos. At least that's my opinion of what I've seen of him. It's either bitcoin or nothing.

@Akado that is why it would be interesting to have him in a hangout. It would be a debate. There is no purpose doing hangouts with external parties that agree that bitshares is better than bitcoin. We should want to have debates with bitcoin enthusiasts and convince them why bitshares is better.

@fuzzy just to let you know that if you have sent me any copper or silvercoin nothing has gone through.

I agree but my opinion about him is you might try to justify with all the rational arguments and facts that he will just continue to say no, just because. He has done some pretty bold statements in the past that I was pretty amazed to see from someone like him. I don't remember about what though, maybe PoW vs PoS? Can't remember for sure.

I remember one comparison with a metaphor about cars and wheels? I don't remember if it was that one but it was something that atm made zero sense to me.

Still, I might be wrong. I'd welcome him or anyone else of course, as long as they actually debate stuff instead of just saying: no this won't work, btc is better.

I think one awesome theme to any of those guys would be Governance. How Bitcoin governance may seem to have some problems and has involved coercion and corruption (assuming Mike Hearns arguments are true). How BitShares aims to solve that. What other solutions should bitcoin or us consider, etc. Or how could BItsahres and bitcoin help each other mutually

Could someone please explain what's with the hype around Mike Hearn?
You have an individual that's walked around calling himself a core Bitcoin Dev when his contribution weren't major, profited from his involvement in Bitcoin (personal growth) - and then went on to criticise the system when he found it convenient to do so ? Aren't we having dual standards between him and Charles Hoskinson ?
How about we invite actual businesses instead of "celebrities"  into our ecosystem and back them for projects ?

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
@fuzzy thank you. I will send you 2,000 later today.

Regarding the list I would like also Andreas Antonopoulos.

He has done an extremely good job helping Bitcoin in many ways,

however he is too bitcoin centric, everything other than bitcoin isn't good for him. He sees bitcoin in a pedestal and doesn't accept the idea of any other cryptos. At least that's my opinion of what I've seen of him. It's either bitcoin or nothing.

@Akado that is why it would be interesting to have him in a hangout. It would be a debate. There is no purpose doing hangouts with external parties that agree that bitshares is better than bitcoin. We should want to have debates with bitcoin enthusiasts and convince them why bitshares is better.

@fuzzy just to let you know that if you have sent me any copper or silvercoin nothing has gone through.

I agree but my opinion about him is you might try to justify with all the rational arguments and facts that he will just continue to say no, just because. He has done some pretty bold statements in the past that I was pretty amazed to see from someone like him. I don't remember about what though, maybe PoW vs PoS? Can't remember for sure.

I remember one comparison with a metaphor about cars and wheels? I don't remember if it was that one but it was something that atm made zero sense to me.

Still, I might be wrong. I'd welcome him or anyone else of course, as long as they actually debate stuff instead of just saying: no this won't work, btc is better.

I think one awesome theme to any of those guys would be Governance. How Bitcoin governance may seem to have some problems and has involved coercion and corruption (assuming Mike Hearns arguments are true). How BitShares aims to solve that. What other solutions should bitcoin or us consider, etc. Or how could BItsahres and bitcoin help each other mutually
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fuzzy

Can I upgrade my copper ticket to silver by adding 1000? :)
You can add 1000 BTS and get 50 COPPERTICKET

Send all of them back to me within this thread using the sharebot I will gladly redeem them for a  SILVERTICKET

Sorry for any difficulty on this but if everyone is using the ShareBot I don't have to go back and forth between wallets and figuring out which accounts on the forums match those in the wallets that are sending them to me.  Not only that, it enables all of you to audit me when I can run these transparently on the forums.  I will begin in the future to request all participants use the sharebot for this reason.

For this time, however, I will go through my wallet and get it all together manually.  Thanks for understanding, but I do have to say I appreciate the support and also the tools that are now available to me to help create and log participants in initiatives :)

Offline btstip

• View Profile
  • chryspano: has been credited 3 SILVERTICKET
  • puppies: has been credited 2 SILVERTICKET
  • onceuponatime: has been credited 2 SILVERTICKET
  • Zapply: has been credited 1 SILVERTICKET
  • donkeypong: has been credited 1 SILVERTICKET
  • Bhuz: has been credited 1 SILVERTICKET
  • mf-tzo: has been credited 1 SILVERTICKET
  • puppies: has been credited 50 COPPERTICKET
  • chryspano: has been credited 5 COPPERTICKET
  • 38PTSWarrior: has been credited 50 COPPERTICKET
  • onceuponatime: has been credited 55 COPPERTICKET
  • clayop: has been credited 50 COPPERTICKET
  • clains: has been credited 50 COPPERTICKET
  • mf-tzo: has been credited 5 COPPERTICKET
  • xeroc: has been credited 5 COPPERTICKET
  • JoeyD: has been credited 5 COPPERTICKET
  • donkeypong: has been credited 5 COPPERTICKET
  • TravelsAsia: has been credited 5 COPPERTICKET
  • Thom: has been credited 5 COPPERTICKET
  • BunkerChain Labs: has been credited 5 COPPERTICKET
  • Tuck Fheman: has been credited 5 COPPERTICKET
  • btswildpig: has been credited 5 COPPERTICKET
  • CoinHoarder: has been credited 5 COPPERTICKET
  • emailtooaj: has been credited 5 COPPERTICKET
  • topcandle: has been credited 5 COPPERTICKET
  • DMo09: has been credited 5 COPPERTICKET
  • Brekyrself: has been credited 5 COPPERTICKET
  • twitter: has been credited 5 COPPERTICKET
  • merivercap: has been credited 5 COPPERTICKET
  • aloha: has been credited 5 COPPERTICKET
Created by hybridd

Offline fuzzy

Testing again!

SILVERTICKET   Rewards
#sharebits chryspano 3 SILVERTICKET
#sharebits puppies 2 SILVERTICKET
#sharebits Zapply 1 SILVERTICKET
#sharebits Bhuz 1 SILVERTICKET
#sharebits mf-tzo 1 SILVERTICKET

COPPERTICKET    Rewards
#sharebits puppies 50 COPPERTICKET
#sharebits chryspano 5 COPPERTICKET
#sharebits 38PTSWarrior 50 COPPERTICKET
#sharebits onceuponatime 55 COPPERTICKET
#sharebits mf-tzo 5 COPPERTICKET
#sharebits xeroc 5 COPPERTICKET
#sharebits JoeyD 5 COPPERTICKET
#sharebits donkeypong 5 COPPERTICKET
#sharebits 38PTSWarrior 5 COPPERTICKET
#sharebits TravelsAsia 5 COPPERTICKET
#sharebits Thom 5 COPPERTICKET
#sharebits "BunkerChain Labs" 5 COPPERTICKET
#sharebits "Tuck Fheman" 5 COPPERTICKET
#sharebits btswildpig 5 COPPERTICKET
#sharebits CoinHoarder 5 COPPERTICKET
#sharebits emailtooaj 5 COPPERTICKET
#sharebits topcandle 5 COPPERTICKET
#sharebits clayop 5 COPPERTICKET
#sharebits DMo09 5 COPPERTICKET DMo09
#sharebits Brekyrself 5 COPPERTICKET
#sharebits twitter 5 COPPERTICKET
#sharebits merivercap 5 COPPERTICKET
#sharebits aloha 5 COPPERTICKET
#sharebits mf-tzo 5 COPPERTICKET

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Can I upgrade my copper ticket to silver by adding 1000? :)
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline konelectric

I will be giving 1 SilverTicket for each 1000BTS donated.  SilverTickets are my way of giving a little extra to those who sacrifice for our community and as such will be used to enter special events.  Naturally, this event with Mike Hearn, if we can get him on...would be one such event.  :)

Is it 1000BTS donate for a 1 SilverTicket or 2000?
Tweeter: Konelectric. Steemit: Konelectric. Youtube: Patrick Konshak. Success Council: Yourship. Mumble: Yourship or Konelectric.